Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

Chauvin is toast 

need to put him in GP and let everyone know he is a cop and why he is in prison 

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

There was A LOT of resisting prior to him being on the ground.  Floyd was uncooperative and belligerent the entire time.  From when they tried to get him in the squad car, to when he fell out the other side of it, Floyd did nothing to do what the officers asked.  He was yelling he couldn't breathe before even getting in the car.

He was claiming he was claustrophobic, the officers offered to put the windows down.  There were drugs found on the floor of the squad car from where Floyd was laying.  

Chauvin went beyond what was needed but there are other mitigating factors here.  

BS every expert has testified that once Floyd was handcuffed in the prone position that he no longer presented any threat to the officers and was not actively resisting arrest.  Additionally, a knee on the neck is never taught as an acceptable restraint because IT CAN CAUSE DEATH!!  Everything else is just a BS excuse 

1 minute ago, Cliftoma said:

BS every expert has testified that once Floyd was handcuffed in the prone position that he no longer presented any threat to the officers and was not actively resisting arrest.  Additionally, a knee on the neck is never taught as an acceptable restraint because IT CAN CAUSE DEATH!!  Everything else is just a BS excuse 

I'm not claiming he was a threat.  I'm saying he resisted everything they asked him to do.  He refused to get in the car.  He did nothing they asked of him.  Then Floyd voluntarily rolled out the other side of the car.  

Again, I'm not excusing Chauvin.   I'm talking about things that happened while leading up to Floyd being on the ground.

16 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

 

Don't swallow a lethal dose of fentanyl and then resist arrest. 

Don't be a delusional fwit simping state sponsored murder

13 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Just think how much better this team would be if Lurie didn't meddle and we drafted Paris Campbell instead of JJAW.

Cowboys legend Trysten Hill would like a word...

17 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Just think how much better this team would be if Lurie didn't meddle and we drafted Paris Campbell instead of JJAW.

I see what you did there 😁

Wonder if anyone else will....

 

How would you guys rank the position our FO will most likely draft in the first this year. I think for me it goes like this:

1) CB - if Surtain or Horn are there at 12, I don’t think there’s anyway they draft anyone else given their talent and our CB situation. 

2) DE - I know this isn’t a board fan favourite but I think Howie has shown his bias towards drafting in the trenches high. I think he goes back to that. Add in the fact that BG is getting up their in age, Barnett is on his last year, and they really have no viable starters to develop behind them(Sweat cannot be a starter imo given his knee)

 

3) OT - Similar to DE, I think Howie’s favouritism towards the lines comes out here. I do think this would only be if both CBs were taken and one of Sewell or Slater slides.

4) WR/TE - I really don’t see them taking a WR in the 1st 2 years in a row. Unless one of Chase or Pitts miraculously slides to 12. Even with Pitts there, I think there’s a chance Howie passes or trades back, given the struggles they had of incorporating Ertz and Goedert on the field at the same time. 

As for Warren Sharp. Read one of his books, kind of interesting at a superficial level, but it's like hiring PFF to do your game day active roster. If you do that, why bother with a coaching staff and just teach AI to do it all instead?

As many of us have noticed over recent years.  The Eagles lack a system and lack a robust leadership structure - and if the HC is seen as soft.  It makes me wonder how in the hell Chip Kelly survived that long in the Eagles.  Must have been a hell of place to work

For those thinking Waddle is skinny like DeVonta Smith.  Look at the difference in arms and calves.  Waddle is pretty built.  

BY53kGK8?format=jpg&name=small

34 minutes ago, Cliftoma said:

He wasn't resisting.  In fact, he was already dead as the EMTs testified and that animal Chauvin kept his knee on his neck well after Floyd was even moving.

Any reasonable person can see that Chauvin was responsible for his death.  And, if you can't, then you can go F' your racist self  

 

Floyd swallowing a fatal amount of fentanyl is why he died. Also if you watched the video, he was resisting. 

Five bucks says in November he joins the bucs 

 

12 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

For those thinking Waddle is skinny like DeVonta Smith.  Look at the difference in arms and calves.  Waddle is pretty built.  

BY53kGK8?format=jpg&name=small

 

 

 

Why does his thickness matter?  These guys are not running backs. 

23 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I'm not claiming he was a threat.  I'm saying he resisted everything they asked him to do.  He refused to get in the car.  He did nothing they asked of him.  Then Floyd voluntarily rolled out the other side of the car.  

Again, I'm not excusing Chauvin.   I'm talking about things that happened while leading up to Floyd being on the ground.

If Floyd wasn't a threat, then Chauvin shouldn't have been using deadly force.  Force should be in proportion to the threat.  Once he was on his stomach with his hands handcuffed behind his back, there was very little threat and therefore the use of deadly force was completely unacceptable.  

13 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

For those thinking Waddle is skinny like DeVonta Smith.  Look at the difference in arms and calves.  Waddle is pretty built.  

BY53kGK8?format=jpg&name=small

Man, I really hope MIA draft Devonta Smith at #6 or DET at #7

I wouldn’t be livid if the Eagles drafted him, but I’d sure be apprehensive 

Just now, Cliftoma said:

If Floyd wasn't a threat, then Chauvin shouldn't have been using deadly force.  Force should be in proportion to the threat.  Once he was on his stomach with his hands handcuffed behind his back, there was very little threat and therefore the use of deadly force was completely unacceptable.  

OK, you're ignoring everything I'm saying.  I'm not talking about when Chauvin was on his neck.  I'm talking about everything leading up to that point.  

2 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

 

Floyd swallowing a fatal amount of fentanyl is why he died. Also if you watched the video, he was resisting. 

Ok Neck Beard worshipper.  Despite all the medical experts testifying to the exact opposite, you are right.  Your racism is showing for all to see.  

Why don’t you guys PM each other or discuss that topic in the thread named for it over in CVON?

3 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Man, I really hope MIA draft Devonta Smith at #6 or DET at #7

I wouldn’t be livid if the Eagles drafted him, but I’d sure be apprehensive 

Id be livid with us picking Waddle. I dont want another project WR that does not have route running skills. I dont want Ruggs jr. 

Floyd had consumed enough fentanyl to kill the Eagles' entire starting offensive line. He had 11 grams in his system! Two grams is a fatal dose. That's on top of the other drugs, such as meth, that he had in his system at the time of his death. 

Stating that doesn't automatically mean that the cop did nothing wrong, but you're being disingenuous if you say that his autopsy doesn't drastically complicate the prosecution's case.

2 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Why don’t you guys PM each other or discuss that topic in the thread named for it over in CVON?

Just put them on ignore. Thats what I did to ignore that type of discussion/topic that does not belong here. 

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Five bucks says in November he joins the bucs 

 

Don’t need him , they will bring AB back , I see they just signed Giovani Bernard 

5 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

OK, you're ignoring everything I'm saying.  I'm not talking about when Chauvin was on his neck.  I'm talking about everything leading up to that point.  

It doesn't matter what happened before.  Police tactics are supposed to change based on the situation.  The knee on his neck is what killed Floyd.  And, at that time, Floyd was not resisting arrest and he was no longer a threat.  He was face down with his hands behind his back.  So, why did Chauvin continue to use deadly force for over 9 minutes when none was necessary?  

1 minute ago, DeathByEagle said:

Id be livid with us picking Waddle. I dont want another project WR that does not have route running skills. I dont want Ruggs jr. 

I think Waddle is MUCH more than what Ruggs was.  Ruggs was purely a speed guy.  Waddle has ridiculous quickness and was used all over the formation.  I think the comparison with the 2 begins and ends with speed and that's it.

I'd be happy with Waddle.

We have 11 picks in this draft.  They should be able to get some good players in. 

Tommy's first mock picked Smith at #12.  Nothing against the young man, but his light and thin built is concerning to take on the pounding in NFL.  NFL CBs are physical and fast, will Smith be able to last and not get hurt?

Howie has been the topic of discussions of late.  He has had a few questionable picks in recent years.  Holding on old players too long is a problem.  Picking injured players recovering is also a problem.  He may just one of those guys who wants to shop for bargains to show he has the eyes for talents.  Go for the sure things, trust the board as some say, may prove to be more rewarding.

 

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

I'm not arguing that one bit.  I agree, even in the heat of the moment you need to know what weapon you have pulled.

Can't you see that suspects also shouldn't run?  Can we find some common ground here?  He clearly was trying to get away.  

The common ground is that deadly force shouldn't be used unless the officers or another's life is at risk.  A suspect running away is never grounds for deadly force. Suspects often flee but the solution isn't deadly force in a free society.   The problems won't be fixed until qualified immunity is eliminated and cops are prosecuted.  

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.