Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

So what's up, geeks?

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

That's is what I meant.  The Wentz factor in that whole deal.  The more ish that comes out, the more Wentz looks sane for wanting out.  I am sure a large portion of the fan base will hate him no matter how validated he is.  

I've stated on here before I don't blame Wentz for bailing on this team. I don't blame any player for giving up and playing like sheet this past year. What a horrible organization this has turned into

12 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I've stated on here before I don't blame Wentz for bailing on this team. I don't blame any player for giving up and playing like sheet this past year.

 

I blame everyone. These guys are professionals paid millions of dollars to play a game. To excuse such behavior is unfathomable to me, I don't care how crappy the playing environment is.

12 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I've stated on here before I don't blame Wentz for bailing on this team. I don't blame any player for giving up and playing like sheet this past year. What a horrible organization this has turned into

Are you saying Wentz intentionally played poorly to make a statement to the eagles FO....that is an interesting perspective to say the least

Just now, aptosbird said:

Are you saying Wentz intentionally played poorly to make a statement to the eagles FO....that is an interesting perspective to say the least

No I'm not saying he intentionally played that way I'm saying he him wanting out after the way everything went down I don't blame him for. 

4 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

 

I blame everyone. These guys are professionals paid millions of dollars to play a game. To excuse such behavior is unfathomable to me, I don't care how crappy the playing environment is.

They all had their hands in this for sure. Not really excusing it is just frustrating watching this whole damn thing crash and burn and I don't see it getting better anytime soon and I can see more players saying the hell with this team if this is what is going on on the FO. 

Is it right that the players are doing this? No absolutely not, are we going to stop them? Nope 

Obviously jobs like we all have to work is nothing compared to the NFL but, what is the top reason for people quitting? The people they work with and their bosses. Doesn't matter how much you make if you are miserable at the end of every work day because your bosses and co workers make everything a daily nightmare. 

21 minutes ago, greend said:

So what's up, geeks?

Did you get to kill any pigs on your trip? 

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They all had their hands in this for sure. Not really excusing it is just frustrating watching this whole damn thing crash and burn and I don't see it getting better anytime soon and I can see more players saying the hell with this team if this is what is going on on the FO. 

Is it right that the players are doing this? No absolutely not, are we going to stop them? Nope 

Obviously jobs like we all have to work is nothing compared to the NFL but, what is the top reason for people quitting? The people they work with and their bosses. Doesn't matter how much you make if you are miserable at the end of every work day because your bosses and co workers make everything a daily nightmare. 

 

You're not wrong, but it's a little different when you're under contract. You can't just walk away, and that's understood when you sign. And I know everybody is capable of hating their job and suffering from a dreadful atmosphere, but if I was making 6 or 7 figures, I think I'd be able to tolerate a bit more of the negative stuff.

5 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

No I'm not saying he intentionally played that way I'm saying he him wanting out after the way everything went down I don't blame him for. 

Wentz didn't help his case with the way he played it the the stink In the organization was far reaching and top down and I'm not sure how firing the coach and getting rid of the QB us going to fix much when the two who caused the stink still remain.

Two rotten apples will ruin the whole barrell and I think it's obvious the two bad apples are still in the barrel full of new apples.

So where are these new supposed reports coming from?  Pederson being treated like a baby?  Wentz coming in to save the day to keep Reich there?

Smells fishy

1 minute ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

 

You're not wrong, but it's a little different when you're under contract. You can't just walk away, and that's understood when you sign. And I know everybody is capable of hating their job and suffering from a dreadful atmosphere, but if I was making 6 or 7 figures, I think I'd be able to tolerate a bit more of the negative stuff.

Agreed, we will see how much this kind of stuff continues.. We may all feel a different kind of way if this is actually how this team is being run. It's disgusting all the way around

2 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Wentz didn't help his case with the way he played it the the stink In the organization was far reaching and top down and I'm not sure how firing the coach and getting rid of the QB us going to fix much when the two who caused the stink still remain.

Two rotten apples will ruin the whole barrell and I think it's obvious the two bad apples are still in the barrel full of new apples.

Agreed, Wentz absolutely sucked ass let me make that clear lol. I am in no way defending the way he played. I am basically saying what you are saying and that is the people that are over seeing this absolute disaster are still here and I don't see it getting better if this is in fact how they have been dealing with things since 2016. 

1 hour ago, matchew88 said:

The problem with analytics is that its the players that make the stats. If you're OL is weak, I don't care what the league average is on 4th and 1.

I would think part of analytics is using it to understand your team's chances given their past performance.  So I would hope the analysis isn't just some sort of broad stroke analysis.  

7 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

 

You're not wrong, but it's a little different when you're under contract. You can't just walk away, and that's understood when you sign. And I know everybody is capable of hating their job and suffering from a dreadful atmosphere, but I was making 6 or 7 figures, I think I'd be able to tolerate a bit more of the negative stuff.

No but one can ask for a trade or to be released or wait til FA and bail.

3 minutes ago, Utebird said:

No but one can ask for a trade or to be released or wait til FA and bail.

 

Sure, but I don't think Wentz politely requested a trade. He demanded one understanding that his contract gave him an unusual degree of leverage.

1 minute ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

 

You're not wrong, but it's a little different when you're under contract. You can't just walk away, and that's understood when you sign. And I know everybody is capable of hating their job and suffering from a dreadful atmosphere, but if I was making 6 or 7 figures, I think I'd be able to tolerate a bit more of the negative stuff.

Work life balance. A bad work culture and environment can totally drain your energy and affect your effort at work, and I understand that to an extent. But I fully expect guys to play hard on gameday, you only get 17 of them. If work sucks, I get it, but it is up to the individual to balance it with something else or choose another profession. Personally, I would find it easier to put up with it if my home life consisted of leisure and family time with few monetary restrictions. I also wouldn't hate several months of recovery/prep time... Teachers get a break as well, but they are criminally underpaid and undervalued. They aren't exactly able to drop everything and travel to some exotic sandy beach or a culturally rich travel destination overseas whenever the mood hits them. 

21 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

So where are these new supposed reports coming from?  Pederson being treated like a baby?  Wentz coming in to save the day to keep Reich there?

Smells fishy

There is nothing about watching this team fall apart the last 3 years that leads me to believe that this story is not 100% true.

31 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

No I'm not saying he intentionally played that way I'm saying he him wanting out after the way everything went down I don't blame him for. 

i blame wentz for bailing when things got tough , grow a sit and fight to be better and prove that you are the #1 QB , don't leave and take your ball and go home when the going gets tough.

11 minutes ago, vaeagle2 said:

i blame wentz for bailing when things got tough , grow a sit and fight to be better and prove that you are the #1 QB , don't leave and take your ball and go home when the going gets tough.

Yup Wentz punked out but hey it's not like he didn't have a reason not to.

Would you want to work with Howie? The guy is a grade A Doo sh nozzle.

1 minute ago, Utebird said:

Yup Wentz punked out but hey it's not like he didn't have a reason not to.

Would you want to work with Howie? The guy is a grade A Doo sh nozzle.

well your not on the field with him and he did give you a big pay day so to answer your question yes , would you work around howie alittle for that pay day?

Lol

Just now, ManuManu said:

Lol

Life of an NFL RB. So how we feeling about a Miles Sanders extension in 2 years, fellas?

17 minutes ago, vaeagle2 said:

i blame wentz for bailing when things got tough , grow a sit and fight to be better and prove that you are the #1 QB , don't leave and take your ball and go home when the going gets tough.

Like I said we will see if more players don't do the same sheet. This is ugly 

9 minutes ago, vaeagle2 said:

i blame wentz for bailing when things got tough , grow a sit and fight to be better and prove that you are the #1 QB , don't leave and take your ball and go home when the going gets tough.

Agreed. No organization is perfect. All teams have owners who purchased the team for a reason and it's irrational to think that they would not want to have some influence over the operation. It's just that some owners are better at it, in terms of both degree of meddling and football knowledge, than others. There is always a situation. True leaders take the situation and make as much lemonade out of the lemons as they need to in order to succeed. Wentz behaved like a victim. He's not a leader. The self-centered way he plays football speaks to that as well. Hero-ball would be called "genius with a thousand helpers" in the world of labeling archetypes of bad leadership. That says a lot more to teammates about their leader than charity softball games, etc.

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Lol

glad to have him back , thought the team failed to use him enough when here

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.