Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

6 minutes ago, Cliftoma said:

Ok Neck Beard worshipper.  Despite all the medical experts testifying to the exact opposite, you are right.  Your racism is showing for all to see.  

Okay buddy. You're a perfect representation of the left in 2021 "Everyone that disagrees with me is a racist." 

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Hearing about the article this morning from The Athletic sharing more information as to how dysfunctional Lowie is.  It help shed more light on Carson’s decline and desire to leave.  

That level of dysfunction could really mess up an organization...then watching the draft "strategy" had to be hard from the inside.

1 minute ago, Cliftoma said:

It doesn't matter what happened before.  Police tactics are supposed to change based on the situation.  The knee on his neck is what killed Floyd.  And, at that time, Floyd was not resisting arrest and his was no longer a threat.  He was face down with his hands behind his back.  So, why did Chauvin continue to use deadly force for over 9 minutes when none was necessary?  

I'm exiting this conversation and this is my last comment on it but it 100% matters what happens leading up to things.  Again, I'm agreeing that Chauvin was out of line for what he did but to dismiss everything that happened leading up to it is just a silly point of view.  If you haven't, watch the entire body cam footage.  George Floyd was all over the place during the arrest.  It feels like he was going to have a heart attack at any given moment the way he was worked up. 

Chauvin was wrong but Floyd did nothing to help himself get in to that position whether it was the drugs in his system or the constant ignoring and resisting.  

5 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Okay buddy. You're a perfect representation of the left in 2021 "Everyone that disagrees with me is a racist." 

F' off Aint nobody got time for racists.  You are the perfect example of the ultra right in 2021 "black people getting murdered by cops at a disproportional rate because they deserve it and are less than human"

The instant that race BS starts, I just block the main clowns involved.  It's ridiculous.

And now these two have turned it into right versus left.

It should be an instant ban from the board.

2 minutes ago, Cliftoma said:

F' off Aint nobody got time for racists.  You are the perfect example of the ultra right in 2021 "black people getting murdered by cops at a disproportional rate because they deserve it and are less than human"

 

I didn't say anything at all like that nor have I brought up race in anyway whatsoever but keep acting like a little immature child. You're a walking caricature of the modern left.  "Everyone that disagrees with me is a racist." 

I'm pretty passionate about clean water. I'm thinking of bringing it up in this thread about football.

4 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I'm exiting this conversation and this is my last comment on it but it 100% matters what happens leading up to things.  Again, I'm agreeing that Chauvin was out of line for what he did but to dismiss everything that happened leading up to it is just a silly point of view.  If you haven't, watch the entire body cam footage.  George Floyd was all over the place during the arrest.  It feels like he was going to have a heart attack at any given moment the way he was worked up. 

Chauvin was wrong but Floyd did nothing to help himself get in to that position whether it was the drugs in his system or the constant ignoring and resisting.  

As a white man, I know I could do everything Floyd did and a lot more in terms of getting the the face of the police and I would not have been treated the way Floyd was. There is a difference in accountability for mistreating or murdering a white citizen. You are missing the context for the context of the behavior leading up to what happened. No need to reply. Just pointing that out in terms of a context of Floyd's behavior having a causal relationship to what happened. You have to include that he was a black man in the framing of that analysis.

1 minute ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

I'm pretty passionate about clean water. I'm thinking of bringing it up in this thread about football.

Hi Chris Long!

4 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

 

I didn't say anything at all like that nor have I brought up race in anyway whatsoever but keep acting like a little immature child. You're a walking caricature of the modern left.  "Everyone that disagrees with me is a racist." 

You are walking example of the racist right.  Because Floyd had drugs in his systems he deserved to die at the hands of a racist animal.  I have a suggestion, why do you let someone kneel on your neck for over 9 minutes with your hands in cuffs behind your back and your face shoved into the asphalt?  Let's see how you come out.   

Just now, Cliftoma said:

You are walking example of the racist right.  Because Floyd had drugs in his systems he deserved to die at the hands of a racist animal.  I have a suggestion, why do you let someone kneel on your neck for over 9 minutes with your hands in cuffs behind your back and your face shoved into the asphalt?  Let's see how you come out.   

 

Where have I said any of this?  You have issues.  

1 hour ago, TorontoEagle said:

It's more about the consequences to cops when they F up. Almost always they get off without any criminal charge, and in fact are able to get a job as a cop in another county/state. This "senior" officer who can't tell the difference between a taser and a gun should never be allowed to police again. They should be held to the absolute highest possible standard. 

I can agree with all that

1 hour ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

It is an outlier, but it's an outlier the same way a plane crash is. They don't happen often, but when they do, investigations as to what went wrong, if someone was at fault, and what changes need to be made to ensure something like that doesn't happen again occur. It's really the same thing here. When stuff like this happens, you can't just go "Well, 99% of the interactions go smoothly so we don't need to do anything." The issue is still there and if it happens once it's already too many times. 

Nonsensical to think you can get to 100% even with radical reform

image.gif.a58685c466d8f3ac554e2944ab304e02.gif

7 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

 

Where have I said any of this?  You have issues.  

Whatever Koy boy lol.  Your exact quote responding to Chauvin kneeling on Floyd's neck was "Don't swallow a lethal dose of fentanyl and resist arrest."  Literally, none of the medical or police experts have said that was the reason for his death.  And, literally, all of them have said that Chauvin's deadly force restraint with compression pressure on the neck was the cause of his death and the actions of Chauvin were completely unjustified.  

21 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

The common ground is that deadly force shouldn't be used unless the officers or another's life is at risk.  A suspect running away is never grounds for deadly force. Suspects often flee but the solution isn't deadly force in a free society.   The problems won't be fixed until qualified immunity is eliminated and cops are prosecuted.  

Jumping in the car like that an officer has to make a split second decision as to whether the vehicle or perp poses an imminent threat to anyone. Reasonable to think it could depending on circumstances.

38 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

OK, you're ignoring everything I'm saying.  I'm not talking about when Chauvin was on his neck.  I'm talking about everything leading up to that point.  

You mean "neck area" according to most of the prosecution witnesses on cross who admitted he was on his shoulder blades or base of the neck. Why is this crap in here though? Not blaming you I just walked in and am wondering why we are off topic again.

17 minutes ago, Cliftoma said:

Whatever Koy boy lol.  Your exact quote responding to Chauvin kneeling on Floyd's neck was "Don't swallow a lethal dose of fentanyl and resist arrest."  Literally, none of the medical or police experts have said that was the reason for his death.  And, literally, all of them have said that Chauvin's deadly force restraint with compression pressure on the neck was the cause of his death and the actions of Chauvin were completely unjustified.  

 

They say that it contributed to his death but was not the direct cause of death.  If Chauvin didn't have his knee on Floyd's neck would Floyd have died?  Maybe not for sure.  But anytime you are stupid enough to ingest into your body a lethal drug especially at the amount which Floyd had swallowed you are opening yourself up to very serious health consequences.  

As for Chauvin's and how they are apparently the the result of widespread institutional racism in police, I think that's an absurdly ridiculous claim especially in this circumstance.  Chauvin and Floyd new each other and did side work at the same club.  It's much more likely that Chauvin's bias against Floyd were developed over his actual interactions and relationship in passing with Floyd over the time they had known each other working the same club.  It was a personal beef which Chauvin's job as a cop allowed him to abuse the situation of arresting Floyd.  But people like you are so hyper to quickly call anyone and everything racist it's just so disgusting.  

Just now, Diehardfan said:

You don't follow the case either. Wasn't on his neck. The BS line the prosecution is spewing is "around the neck" now.

I have watched every witness testify.  The defense had one photo where Chauvin was on his upper back and the expert admitted on redirect that it would still be deadly force even if it was on the upper back.  The rest of the video clearly shows the knee on the neck.    

Let me settle this for you guys

 

0E32AC83-7260-4DD7-891D-3A157FFAD5C0.jpeg

7 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

 

They say that it contributed to his death but was not the direct cause of death.  If Chauvin didn't have his knee on Floyd's neck would Floyd have died?  Maybe not for sure.  But anytime you are stupid enough to ingest into your body a lethal drug especially at the amount which Floyd had swallowed you are opening yourself up to very serious health consequences.  

As for Chauvin's and how they are apparently the the result of widespread institutional racism in police, I think that's an absurdly ridiculous claim especially in this circumstance.  Chauvin and Floyd new each other and did side work at the same club.  It's much more likely that Chauvin's bias against Floyd were developed over his actual interactions and relationship in passing with Floyd over the time they had known each other working the same club.  But people like you are so hyper to quickly call anyone and everything racist it's just so disgusting.  

Whether it was race motivated or not, it was murder.  Chauvin's deadly force was not justified.  To see that look in Chauvin's eye while he was killing Floyd and not think that he thought of Floyd of someone less than human is to ignore reality.  

 

I don't think I've seen any of you in the thread

 

1 hour ago, Original Sin said:

Chauvin is toast 

need to put him in GP and let everyone know he is a cop and why he is in prison 

It's world wide. I think the majority of the jurors said they've seen or heard about it. I doubt whatever prison he'd go to wouldn't have heard

1 hour ago, wtfcares said:

How would you guys rank the position our FO will most likely draft in the first this year. I think for me it goes like this:

1) CB - if Surtain or Horn are there at 12, I don’t think there’s anyway they draft anyone else given their talent and our CB situation. 

2) DE - I know this isn’t a board fan favourite but I think Howie has shown his bias towards drafting in the trenches high. I think he goes back to that. Add in the fact that BG is getting up their in age, Barnett is on his last year, and they really have no viable starters to develop behind them(Sweat cannot be a starter imo given his knee)

 

3) OT - Similar to DE, I think Howie’s favouritism towards the lines comes out here. I do think this would only be if both CBs were taken and one of Sewell or Slater slides.

4) WR/TE - I really don’t see them taking a WR in the 1st 2 years in a row. Unless one of Chase or Pitts miraculously slides to 12. Even with Pitts there, I think there’s a chance Howie passes or trades back, given the struggles they had of incorporating Ertz and Goedert on the field at the same time. 

With as many holes as this team has I think everything is in play

26 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

I'm pretty passionate about clean water. I'm thinking of bringing it up in this thread about football.

It's amazing how long the process has been taking for Flint

Just now, Cliftoma said:

Whether it was race motivated or not, it was murder.  Chauvin's deadly force was not justified.  To see that look in Chauvin's eye while he was killing Floyd and not think that he thought of Floyd of someone less than human is to ignore reality.  

 

It was certainly manslaughter, but I'm not sure if it was necessarily murder.  

You're all stupid and wrong...stfu

2AEE04E4-6542-4CEF-88CA-7799022BC419.jpeg

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.