Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

6 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Slater would just be too good to pass on. No complaints if we take him

I wouldn't mind him as a guard (this season at least) if he fell.  Recent big boards have him possibly going before Sewell.  I have no idea why other than smoke.  

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

I think he play either. Could be an all world guard for ten years. Dude is complete

I wouldn’t hate it. There’s just a huge void opposite of Slay and he’s not getting any younger. If they took Slater over Horn then I would be pretty annoyed.

Depends what they came back with rounds two and three. What if you can get Campbell at 37?

OT i love the hustle Dwight Howard has even at his age

Just now, eaglesflyers#1 said:

James Wiggins ❤️

I think there's quite a few safety's this year. I like Wiggins as well. They have to snag one of them minimum. 

8 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

I wouldn’t hate it. There’s just a huge void opposite of Slay and he’s not getting any younger. If they took Slater over Horn then I would be pretty annoyed.

I would be aggravated as well, though I would get it. Slater looks legit. Brooks is 33 and Isaac isn't anywhere near a Brooks or the prospect Slater is. I want the o-line back to top 5 status. Slater helps that cause. I really like Alijah Vera-Tucker too though 12 is a little rich. 

3 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

OT i love the hustle Dwight Howard has even at his age

I like Dwight except when he gets stupid offensive fouls that he can totally avoid. That’s my biggest gripe with him. They usually always come at the worst possible time. 

12 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

I wouldn’t hate it. There’s just a huge void opposite of Slay and he’s not getting any younger. If they took Slater over Horn then I would be pretty annoyed.

There will be CB options at 37 too. This is a multi year build IMO. Some positions will be sacrificed and addressed next year. We just don't have two 1's and two 2's this year unfortunately. But I get it, I'm a fan of Horn and covet him at 12. 

Slater would be a very good down the line draft pick. He would give the team a lot of different options as well as insurance for a repeat Brooks injury, a Seumalo injury, a Kelce injury/retirement. As far as excitement it would be fairly boring but it would be smart. 

1 hour ago, vaeagle2 said:

6ers shooting terrible , embiid can't even finish a dunk with little contact

He had 23 points in the 1st half and now they're up 23 points with 8 minutes left on the road against a team that has been hot.  I fired off a Ben Simmons anger post the night he had 42 a little too early.  

Yo yo yo let’s rage 

7 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Yo yo yo let’s rage 

Beach Party Running GIF by Party Down South - Find & Share on GIPHY

 

 

1 hour ago, greendestiny27 said:

I could totally see this team liking Barmore, similar size to Cox who they also picked at 12. 

If Howie trades back again, then I think Barmore would probably be the target. But, I think he will go around 20.

I’m hoping now for a Surtain/Horn + Bateman/Marshall combo. But I think something realistic that fits their draft philosophy, roster philosophy and needs could be:

R1- Rashawn Slater OL: positional versatility OT/OG

R2- Tyson Campbell CB: CB2 w/CB1 potential

R3A- Rashad Weaver DL: inside/out versatility, situationally 

R3B- Chazz Surratt- S turned off ball LB

R4- Nico Collins WR: solid X candidate w/good frame

R5- Kylin Hill RB: RB2 who can start when needed

R6A Olaijah Griffin CB: backup outside CB

R6B Sam Ehlinger QB: developmental QB

R6C Tariq Thompson S: late round steal, 2 high S

R7A Daelin Hayes DL: PS candidate

R7B Tommy Doyle OL: PS candidate

 

I think this is pretty realistic in that it’s doesn’t include any picks that have little to no chance of being available at these spots. It addresses a good number of their needs and places emphasis on the lines. Frankly it includes about 4 of my favorite players so it’s definitely got some of my bias in it (Campbell, Collins, Hill, Thompson). 

24 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

If Howie trades back again, then I think Barmore would probably be the target. But, I think he will go around 20.

I think if one-two of: Surtain, Horn, Slater, Smith, Waddle are there at 12 they need to just take BPA and move on. If all five of them are gone somehow that means a consensus top 10 pick has slipped to 12. Either way they should not move back again. 

4 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I think if one-two of: Surtain, Horn, Slater, Smith, Waddle are there at 12 they need to just take BPA and move on. If all five of them are gone somehow that means a consensus top 10 pick has slipped to 12. Either way they should not move back again. 

If our first pick is Barmore, there will be a broken Samsung in the house.  As much as I love Fletcher Cox,  the 2nd most dominant DT in football, he is still not even close to Aaron Donald.  Chances are Barmore isn't close to either of these guys at the pro level.  I just realized that I'm responding to the wrong person because of 1-4 glasses of bourbon.  Carry on!  

 

21 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I’m hoping now for a Surtain/Horn + Bateman/Marshall combo. But I think something realistic that fits their draft philosophy, roster philosophy and needs could be:

R1- Rashawn Slater OL: positional versatility OT/OG

R2- Tyson Campbell CB: CB2 w/CB1 potential

R3A- Rashad Weaver DL: inside/out versatility, situationally 

R3B- Chazz Surratt- S turned off ball LB

R4- Nico Collins WR: solid X candidate w/good frame

R5- Kylin Hill RB: RB2 who can start when needed

R6A Olaijah Griffin CB: backup outside CB

R6B Sam Ehlinger QB: developmental QB

R6C Tariq Thompson S: late round steal, 2 high S

R7A Daelin Hayes DL: PS candidate

R7B Tommy Doyle OL: PS candidate

 

I think this is pretty realistic in that it’s doesn’t include any picks that have little to no chance of being available at these spots. It addresses a good number of their needs and places emphasis on the lines. Frankly it includes about 4 of my favorite players so it’s definitely got some of my bias in it (Campbell, Collins, Hill, Thompson). 

Rounds 2 through 5 would be excellent.  I wouldn’t really like the Slater pick, but I wouldn’t hate it either 

12 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I think if one-two of: Surtain, Horn, Slater, Smith, Waddle are there at 12 they need to just take BPA and move on. If all five of them are gone somehow that means a consensus top 10 pick has slipped to 12. Either way they should not move back again. 

Shouldn’t have the first time. 

10 minutes ago, hputenis said:

If our first pick is Barmore, there will be a broken Samsung in the house.  As much as I love Fletcher Cox,  the 2nd most dominant DT in football, he is still not even close to Aaron Donald.  Chances are Barmore isn't close to either of these guys at the pro level.  I just realized that I'm responding to the wrong person because of 1-4 glasses of bourbon.  Carry on!  

 

That's a rather varied range of amounts there.  That being the case I'm going to guess it's closer to 4.  😁

2 hours ago, hputenis said:

It's clearly going to be the bolded.  They perceive themselves as smarter than everyone in the room at all times.  They think they're smarter (Howie and Lurie) than the fans, the national media, the local media, the city of Philadelphia, and they think nobody is truly paying attention to all of these rumors because they "just" won the SB.  I honestly think they are completely oblivious to everything that goes on around them.  

I think about this saying constantly, and I feel like I've posted it before, but "If you listen to the fans you'll end up sitting with them."  In our case, if they listened to the fans, we'd have young talent all over the place on both sides of the ball.  

Well, let's see what happens without Doug and Schwartz pushing for veterans and "NFL ready" draft picks.

Something tells me this coaching staff may mesh far better with the personnel people.

Somehow Stoutland seems to lobby for the right guys, maybe the problem is the wrong guys lobbying for draft picks.

27 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

That's a rather varied range of amounts there.  That being the case I'm going to guess it's closer to 4.  😁

I see where he’s coming from. My one glass is usually 3 times the suggested serving size 

1 hour ago, Alphagrand said:

Rounds 2 through 5 would be excellent.  I wouldn’t really like the Slater pick, but I wouldn’t hate it either 

I feel the same. 

4 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I don't understand the appeal of Bateman.  

@Outlaw you wanna take this or should I ? 

9 hours ago, bpac55 said:

There was A LOT of resisting prior to him being on the ground.  Floyd was uncooperative and belligerent the entire time.  From when they tried to get him in the squad car, to when he fell out the other side of it, Floyd did nothing to do what the officers asked.  He was yelling he couldn't breathe before even getting in the car.

He was claiming he was claustrophobic, the officers offered to put the windows down.  There were drugs found on the floor of the squad car from where Floyd was laying.  

Chauvin went beyond what was needed but there are other mitigating factors here.  

You sound just like AFan defending Howie. He’s not your uncle. You have no skin in the game. Let the guy receive his just deserts. I hope all cops correctly consider his acts very unprofessional as well as him being actually a criminal

8 hours ago, NCiggles said:

The common ground is that deadly force shouldn't be used unless the officers or another's life is at risk.  A suspect running away is never grounds for deadly force. Suspects often flee but the solution isn't deadly force in a free society.   The problems won't be fixed until qualified immunity is eliminated and cops are prosecuted.  

Oh come on man, give the poor guy a break

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.