Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

12 minutes ago, Swoop said:

That's so far off base. Posters (including me) have paid money to fund the board. We should at the very least be able to log in and not read pages and pages and pages of politics and race baiting. 

I paid to save the boards. I didnt expect to have any type of ownership or control. That wasnt the deal. I have no expectations of poster conduct based on the fact that I made a donation. You shouldnt either.

 With that said, theres been a code of conduct in blog since its inception and that has been broken lately. Used to be no religion, and no politics. Posters used to be able to follow those rules in here. Little by little as more idiots infiltrate politics have trickled in. But at the beginning of that process, there were still enough intelligent and respectful members in here exclusively that we could have those discussions, and it stayed respectful, and that made the blog actually a better place to discuss than going to CVON. So even then I thought it was ok.

But these days, theres too many idiots. Too few old blog regulars here. And its really no different than CVON. So, theres no reason to allow it in here once it goes off the rails like it has. It needs to stop now. 

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I like Perkins.  Is he an option at 37?  Is that too high for him?

Sounds about right  for him

17 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

So what's keeping Sanders from being a volume RB?  Was it the silly rotation (see ya Duce) or the fact that he has nagging injuries?  Both?

Will be interesting to see how a new staff approaches the RB position.  I forget if Nick mentioned they do a committee or not.  

Doug said fatigue.

Rather than admit he had no feel for in-game playcalling, he chose to toss his player under the bus and said an NFL RB was too tired to get more carries

What are the thoughts on Landon Dickerson?  He's graded in that same general area with Humphrey and Davis as OG studs in the 2nd.  I think both of those guys will go before him, and I wouldn't be pissed if we traded back into the 2nd if he fell back far enough.  Give me that scenario 2 with stud corner in 1st, Marshall or Bateman at 37, and trade back into the upper 50s for Dickerson if he falls far enough.  

10 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I paid to save the boards. I didnt expect to have any type of ownership or control. That wasnt the deal. I have no expectations of poster conduct based on the fact that I made a donation. You shouldnt either.

 With that said, theres been a code of conduct in blog since its inception and that has been broken lately. Used to be no religion, and no politics. Posters used to be able to follow those rules in here. Little by little as more idiots infiltrate politics have trickled in. But at the beginning of that process, there were still enough intelligent and respectful members in here exclusively that we could have those discussions, and it stayed respectful, and that made the blog actually a better place to discuss than going to CVON. So even then I thought it was ok.

But these days, theres too many idiots. Too few old blog regulars here. And its really no different than CVON. So, theres no reason to allow it in here once it goes off the rails like it has. It needs to stop now. 

This.  @VaBeach_Eagle you think we can set some blog and forum ground rules for some folks that have forgotten.

Remember when the endless debates were about whether Time of Possession matters or not?

 

 

 

Pepperidge Farm remembers. 

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

This.  @VaBeach_Eagle you think we can set some blog and forum ground rules for some folks that have forgotten.

The blog has always functioned fine without "posted" ground rules....just intelligent respectful posters. It doe not need ground rules, just moderators to help keep the conversation clean...if they can step in and do that all is good

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

This.  @VaBeach_Eagle you think we can set some blog and forum ground rules for some folks that have forgotten.

I just think the mods will have to unfortunately take the time to clean it up. I dont think theres anything for VA to do. These posters were reminded of the rules repeatedly with people telling them to go to CVON. 

Financial discussion was informative, and cordial. Even with afan and e45 disagreeing with TEW and meatmcginley about the value of BTC.

Chauvin discussion, and race baiting stuff has to get cleaned up. Maybe some warnings. Wouldnt be upset to see a ban of cliftoma the race baiter...

27 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Option 1:

Rd1 - Smith/Waddle

Rd2 - Farley/Samuel Jr

Option 2:

Rd1 - Surtain/Horn

Rd2 - Bateman/Marshall Jr

What ya got?

1

Smith and I guess Farley.

Samuel could be on the board at 70 though, sneakily, so you could go somewhere else with 37.

Just now, schuy7 said:

1

wrong. 

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Remember when the endless debates were about whether Time of Possession matters or not?

 

 

 

Pepperidge Farm remembers. 

You’d better not start a Field Position  matters discussion, or Doug will come in here and create an account to set you straight 

Just now, Alphagrand said:

You’d better not start a Field Possession matters discussion, or Doug will come in here and create an account to set you straight 

thats like a combination of field position and time of possession right? Or are owners raising the stakes and playing for ownership of each other's fields?

26 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Option 1:

Rd1 - Smith/Waddle

Rd2 - Farley/Samuel Jr

Option 2:

Rd1 - Surtain/Horn

Rd2 - Bateman/Marshall Jr

What ya got?

2.  I don't see Howie going WR in Round 1 for two straight years.  They have certain ways of doing things in terms of how they allocate money by certain positions and how they draft.  I think option 2 is far more likely.  Plus, I like Marshall and we need another starting CB.  I wouldn't rule out the Eagles taking Slater at 12 if he is there.  His versatility might be too tempting for them. He can play all the OL positions so if there are any injuries, it gives them a lot of flexibility to move him where they need him.

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

wrong. 

I'm just not a big Horn fan. Marshall I really like. Bateman is okay.

59 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

@Moderator5 @Moderator6 @Moderator12

clean up in aisle 5?

We got a bunch of dummies who wont go to CVON and we got @Cliftoma race baiting. 

Im normally one to support off topic discussion in the blog, even politic but this is just ridiculous. Especially since no one has even asked for my opinion once yet. 

I'm race baiting?? Ok.  Koy was the one who stated that Floyd died because he took drugs and resisted arrest when it clearly it was Chauvin's knee on the neck.  I'm willing to let it drop.  Oh, and nobody asked your opinion because nobody cares. 

Just now, Cliftoma said:

I'm race baiting?? Ok.  Koy was the one who stated that Floyd did because he took drugs and resisted arrest when it clearly it was Chauvin's knee on the neck.  I'm willing to let it drop.  Oh, and nobody asked your opinion because nobody cares. 

Then let it drop...no need to continue exacerbating the issue....

I do my best to stay on topic with the Eagles.   I don't venture out of this topic ever.  We are living in some seriously uneasy times in our country and world.  There are some times on here where it's hard to hold back a thought or response based on other comments. I think it's important to look at all angles of things be it a national story like the shooting or the Eagles and their draft picks.  

I got off topic today for a little bit but felt it was worth it.  I contributed funds to VA to keep the old boards going and my intent is to always keep it Eagles related. 

Apologies to those on here who didn't want to be bombarded with political nonsense. 

6 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

I'm just not a big Horn fan. Marshall I really like. Bateman is okay.

Would you be ok with Farley in the 2nd?  Because this will be him by week 2 in pregame warm-ups. 

Back Pain GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

 

4 minutes ago, aptosbird said:

Then let it drop...no need to continue exacerbating the issue....

I will.  Done. 

Just now, hputenis said:

Would you be ok with Farley in the 2nd?  Because this will be him by week 2 in pregame warm-ups. 

Back Pain GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

 

I have no idea what to think of Farley.  Someone will draft him and he will be fine or the Eagles draft him and he never plays a down.  There's no other way around it.

9 minutes ago, downundermike said:

This.  @VaBeach_Eagle you think we can set some blog and forum ground rules for some folks that have forgotten.

Honestly, I have so much going on that I haven't been able to pay attention to much that's been going on (here or in the world in general). But if politics are the problem outside of CVON, that should be an easy issue to address. Everyone should just keep the politics inside CVON. 

I know that there's a lot of political 'stuff' infiltrating all aspects of life, so it's hard to keep it separated from non-political discussions. But we (everyone) need to have a place where we can retreat to and escape all of that. Someplace where bitter political 'enemies' can enjoy civil, non-political discussions. 

The New EMB turns 1 year old in 3 days (1 year since the creation of the URL, hosting account and board software license) and the draft is coming up a couple of weeks after that. I would think that there's enough to talk about without having politics creep in and ruin the fun. 

4 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Would you be ok with Farley in the 2nd?  Because this will be him by week 2 in pregame warm-ups. 

Back Pain GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

 

Yeah, I'm not sure. I'm not an expert on back surgeries of course. It's the ultimate risk-reward with Farley. I'm not sure where I would be comfortable with him. Maybe the second half of the second round.

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

I have no idea what to think of Farley.  Someone will draft him and he will be fine or the Eagles draft him and he never plays a down.  There's no other way around it.

100%.  

29 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I paid to save the boards. I didnt expect to have any type of ownership or control. That wasnt the deal. I have no expectations of poster conduct based on the fact that I made a donation. You shouldnt either.

 With that said, theres been a code of conduct in blog since its inception and that has been broken lately. Used to be no religion, and no politics. Posters used to be able to follow those rules in here. Little by little as more idiots infiltrate politics have trickled in. But at the beginning of that process, there were still enough intelligent and respectful members in here exclusively that we could have those discussions, and it stayed respectful, and that made the blog actually a better place to discuss than going to CVON. So even then I thought it was ok.

But these days, theres too many idiots. Too few old blog regulars here. And its really no different than CVON. So, theres no reason to allow it in here once it goes off the rails like it has. It needs to stop now. 

I don't expect control, I expect that people aren't allowed to continually discuss politics and race bait in a football forum.

2 minutes ago, Swoop said:

I don't expect control, I expect that people aren't allowed to continually discuss politics and race bait in a football forum.

I don have expectations. Likes and dislikes. Not expectations.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.