Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

2 hours ago, RLC said:

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/philadelphia-eagles-jeffrey-lurie-carson-wentz-20210413.html

Marcus Hayes' article opens with " Dysfunction and hubris has been the cornerstone of Jeffrey Lurie’s front offices in the 26 years that he has owned the Eagles. This dynamic supplies endless tales of mismanagement, bad decisions, and showdowns. "

The Eagles are top 10 in regular season wins and playoff wins since 2000.  

And then people wonder why the Eagles only give out real info to national media members.

Give me more of that dysfunction, and send some over to the Flyers and Phillies.

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

Like I said we will see if more players don't do the same sheet. This is ugly 

that said i do wish him well enough for our teams 1st rounder

21 minutes ago, vaeagle2 said:

i blame wentz for bailing when things got tough , grow a sit and fight to be better and prove that you are the #1 QB , don't leave and take your ball and go home when the going gets tough.

The problem is Wentz comes from a broken home and seems to have been kind of dorky before he hit it big, so the insecurity issues make sense to me. He also went from a small school in ND to the number 2 pick in the NFL. That doesn't mean someone like him can't be mentally tough and confident, but with what we have seen it makes sense.

 

 

Just now, Diehardfan said:

The problem is Wentz comes from a broken home and seems to have been kind of dorky before he hit it big, so the insecurity issues make sense to me. That doesn't mean someone like him can't be mentally tough and confident, but it makes sense.

 

aslong as he returns a 1st to us , good luck to him , but just alittle LOL

 
 
Tom Pelissero
 
@TomPelissero
· 13m
NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith and president JC Tretter just sent this letter to all players, reiterating the union’s recommendation that players should not attend voluntary workouts amidst the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
 
 
Broncos are boycotting  workouts
2 minutes ago, Original Sin said:
 
 
Tom Pelissero
 
@TomPelissero
· 13m
NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith and president JC Tretter just sent this letter to all players, reiterating the union’s recommendation that players should not attend voluntary workouts amidst the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
 
 
Broncos are boycotting  workouts

their next recommendation will be to avoid camp , wtf

2 hours ago, justrelax said:

Strongly agree. Your reference to an after-action report is on target. The fact that play calling is fluid, as mike says, does not mean that it cannot or should not be analyzed. Why did a play work? Why was it called? (A play call can have a purpose even if it doesn’t work. Perhaps its purpose is to set up another play.) The process should be constantly reviewed and adjusted. Every play should have a reason. Otherwise your throwing darts blindfolded.

An insecure coach, who makes decisions based on his "gut feel", would feel threatened by his owner asking him why he did things. Now, "gut feel" isn't necessarily wrong, there's a lot of evidence that Heuristics are a low cost form of decision making that often is as efficient as more formal modeling, but I don't trust people who haven't thought through why they did things. And that may well have been the issue, Doug felt like he was being second guessed, Lurie may have felt that he had hired a second rate mind that was just playing hunches and hadn't thought through his strategy.

In my experience, the inability to answer simple questions exposes a surface thin understanding - people who really know their stuff tend to be able to explain it to novices because they understand it at the intuitive level. In football, it might be more than just a mechanical "they ran this defense, I responded off my chart with that play," but observing "tells" such as DL with their hands on their hips, a CB who was overplaying, and so forth.

So the problem isn't playing hunches, it's not being able to explain why you trusted your hunch.

55 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Did you get to kill any pigs on your trip? 

Actually I didn't. It was in the 80s and 90s when I was there. Nothing was moving. My buddy got a couple though. 

5 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Man.  I should have copied and saved my posts slamming Lurie last offseason and the subsequent defense responses that came right back at me.  Sure seems like his defenders have gotten quiet.  It's almost like when I started the Howie sucks campaign a few years ago and now look at all of us all agreeing together.  I wonder what topic I'll have to spike the football on this time next year.  My gut is Devonte Smith.   

In 2023, it'll be Brian Johnson, I'll be able to come back and say "I told you so".  Because he'll be gone as a HC somewhere else and we'll be stuck with NS for another year.  

I was right there with you.  I've been bashing Lurie for some time only to be met with would you rather have Jerry Jones comments.  

12 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

 

Good

14 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Give me more of that dysfunction, and send some over to the Flyers and Phillies.

What do the Flyers and Phillies have to do with the Eagles?

Nothing!

1 minute ago, Desertbirds said:

Good

my J & J got cancelled from walmart since they have issue's with women clotting. was going tomorrow.

 

 

Lurie didn't interfere with AR or Chip, and they let Sirianni hire his own coaches.

See a trend? I mean who did Doug hire that has a good reputation around the NFL? Groh wasn't chosen to replace Sirianni in Indy.

Groh is WR coach, not even QBs coach, Brady, the new OC, was assistant QB coach two years ago and QB coach last year. Peter principle.

14 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

 

Here we go.  Things are going to get dicey and tricky for sure.  I support anyone getting the vaccine or who already has but I also support those who aren't getting the vaccine.  

1 minute ago, vaeagle2 said:

my J & J got cancelled from walmart since they have issue's with women clotting. was going tomorrow.

 

 

Bummer.

I received my second shot of Moderna about a week ago.

8 minutes ago, greend said:

Actually I didn't. It was in the 80s and 90s when I was there. Nothing was moving. My buddy got a couple though. 

damn this puts a damper on my project LOL

images (2).jpg

4 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Here we go.  Things are going to get dicey and tricky for sure.  I support anyone getting the vaccine or who already has but I also support those who aren't getting the vaccine.  

And businesses have the right to only let vaccinated folks in.

2nd shot of Pfizer Sunday , body aches and chills were unbelievable yesterday , feel ok today .

25 minutes ago, vaeagle2 said:

well your not on the field with him and he did give you a big pay day so to answer your question yes , would you work around howie alittle for that pay day?

Not if I could get the same pay to play for a different team.

Which Wentz did, he said thanks for the contract Howie, $ U ck my  Fat head I'm out!

17 minutes ago, Original Sin said:
 
 
Tom Pelissero
 
@TomPelissero
· 13m
NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith and president JC Tretter just sent this letter to all players, reiterating the union’s recommendation that players should not attend voluntary workouts amidst the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
 
 
Broncos are boycotting  workouts

Well how about they get vaccinated and go to work. Are you telling me pro teams have no sway to get their "obese" players vaccinated?

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

And businesses have the right to only let vaccinated folks in.

Just like they can tell you no shoes or shirts , no service , no vaccine no service .

3 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Lurie didn't interfere with AR or Chip, and they let Sirianni hire his own coaches.

See a trend? I mean who did Doug hire that has a good reputation around the NFL? Groh wasn't chosen to replace Sirianni in Indy.

Groh is WR coach, not even QBs coach, Brady, the new OC, was assistant QB coach two years ago and QB coach last year. Peter principle.

Yup.
 

Also in the 4 years Doug was here after year 1, did he ever bring in any external coaches to replace vacancies? Always seemed like he was promoting from existing staff. How can anything be fixed when it’s the same people shifting around. The only 2 outside voices brought in last year were apparently "forced” on him and he didn’t get along with them. 

3 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

Bummer.

I received my second shot of Moderna about a week ago.

I got my first Moderna last week.  My arm hurt like a **** the next day.

6 minutes ago, vaeagle2 said:

my J & J got cancelled from walmart since they have issue's with women clotting. was going tomorrow.

 

 

I got my J&J on Saturday morning.  When sleeping i started waking up with chills and felt warm... Sunday i was achy and tired with slight fever.  Monday I was all good again..  My wife had her J&J shot yesterday afternoon and was a little dizzy when woke up but no real other symptoms so far

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.