Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, DeathByEagle said:

every rumor out there about a player has the Eagles linked to it. FA, Trade etc. Seams reporters just love to put the Eagles name out on everything. 

Watson will never want to be a Eagle with Howie here and his view matters with the no trade clause. So the reporters can write it all they want, dont see it happening. 

I think before this mess you would be correct. But since, he might want out of Houston bad enough and now has limited teams that would be ok bringing him in that he could waive it.

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

One saving grace with Barmore is that Howie doesn't take Alabama guys.  Did I just jinx us?

Just now, DeathByEagle said:

every rumor out there about a player has the Eagles linked to it. FA, Trade etc. Seams reporters just love to put the Eagles name out on everything. 

Very true!  Probably bored reporters trying to create stories.

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

They could make it work. It would just prolong the process of what they are trying to clean up.

Howie probably could make the numbers work, but I agree.  I wouldn't touch him given his current legal issues.   

5 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I agree.  I'm just bracing myself for a Howie move.  I'd love him in round 3.

I like him. That’s about the round i think he should go. Wouldn’t be surprised if he went late round two. However i really wanted to use that gif 

6 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Yes.  Been saying it for a while now.   Sadly some don't see it, they are buying into Lurie's garbage.

 

Howie's best trait should be "value-hunting". He's legitimately good at that.

Yet he's too impatient to take advantage of that. Quick fixes undercuts any good he's done. 

6 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Dont listen to what people say

watch what they do

I don't.    Others around here do.  When Lurie talks, they take notes and then just regurgitate that same crap.

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I like him. That’s about the round i think he should go. Wouldn’t be surprised if he went late round two. However i really wanted to use that gif 

Well Played GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

7 minutes ago, RLC said:

Howie's best trait should be "value-hunting". He's legitimately good at that.

Yet he's too impatient to take advantage of that. Quick fixes undercuts any good he's done. 

Absolutely.   Look at 2017... bargain hunting: Long, Robinson, Blount, Jernigan (just a swap of 3rd round picks), Jeffery,  Torrey Smith....   all low risk, low contract (relatively with Jeffery and Smith) with minimal commitments.  Only Long was under contract for more than 1 year.  (Smith was a series of 1 year deals.)

 

After that, he got stupid with 'trying to keep the window open'.   Well, the window wasn't opened by grandiose stupidity, so how would changing paths to grandiose stupidity keep the window open?   In fact, the grandiose stupidity CLOSED the window... and quickly.

40 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Christian Baramore has all the measurables athletic ability and talent scouts and GMs love, his problem is actual production and motor but coaches are all ego maniacs and think they can bring the best out of players.

If a dude doesn't have a high motor in college what makes one think giving him millions of dollars will all the sudden change that?

I hope he's gone by 12 cuz Howie is definitely the type of idiot GM to draft Baramore

Barmore is the only DL prospect in this draft worth a first round pick.  He’s a value pick only after #20, though.

Draft Party tickets in hand. Section 120(50 yard line), Away side, Dead center of the section so everyone can see me flipping off Howie in the Owners box after he screws up the pick.

52 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

If your evaluation process is sound you dont hedge

You’re dealing with sub 50% chances here. That’s the nature of the draft. There is no certainty.

39 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Absolutely.   Look at 2017... bargain hunting: Long, Robinson, Blount, Jernigan (just a swap of 3rd round picks), Jeffery,  Torrey Smith....   all low risk, low contract (relatively with Jeffery and Smith) with minimal commitments.  Only Long was under contract for more than 1 year.  (Smith was a series of 1 year deals.)

 

After that, he got stupid with 'trying to keep the window open'.   Well, the window wasn't opened by grandiose stupidity, so how would changing paths to grandiose stupidity keep the window open?   In fact, the grandiose stupidity CLOSED the window... and quickly.

That was Doug. Am I the only one in here who watched Lurie’s press conference after Pederson was fired? Lurie was very blunt that Doug wanted to keep extending the window.

10 minutes ago, TEW said:

You’re dealing with sub 50% chances here. That’s the nature of the draft. There is no certainty.

Not debating that

but if you have good process you have to trust it right?

you dont need to bat 1000...you just need to be better than your competition

2 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Not debating that

but if you have good process you have to trust it right?

you dont need to bat 1000...you just need to be better than your competition

Right, but I’m saying the best process is hedging because of the highly uncertain nature of the draft. Big moves for QBs have low EV even relative to other teams also not batting 1000.

Just now, TEW said:

Right, but I’m saying the best process is hedging because of the highly uncertain nature of the draft. Big moves for QBs have low EV even when adjusted for other teams also not batting 1000.

If you want to win you have to go after the exponential returns, mr. IB/PE. Thats the game

you want to be competitive or win a championship?

3 hours ago, bpac55 said:

speaking of Aaron Donald, surprised this hasn't be mentioned yet:

NFL Star Aaron Donald Accused Of Assault

Attorney Todd Hollis provided a picture to KDKA's Andy Sheehan of a man who appeared to have a swollen eye and cuts on his face

Lol he claims he accidentally just bumped into Donald and was hit. I think something was said

Also he's probably looking for a paycheck

22 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

If you want to win you have to go after the exponential returns, mr. IB/PE. Thats the game

you want to be competitive or win a championship?

The franchise QB delivers both. I’m saying we should maximize our chances at getting a franchise QB. That means you want more chances with higher upside not fewer chances with a marginally higher floor.

Let's see how this draft plays out.

I think 2018-2020 was an anomaly, fueled by the SB.

Doug and Schwartz had too much influence, and both were win now with veterans guys, I don't think either has the patience to develop a young team.

Should Howie have overruled them? Well, that also meant telling Lurie the party is over, it was a fluke, prepare for pain. So they doubled down.

The fact that Doug actually wanted to go for it in 2021 tells me all I need to know about his psyche, wishful thinking.

My suspicion is Howie has self-scouted, the fact that he and Lurie have committed to a rebuild (compare to the Flyers) says they have "buyers regret" for the last couple seasons.

Go back to 2012/2013, after the "Dream Team" debacle and before Chip asserted control over personnel, Howie's best drafts because he was focused on rebuilding and had little interference, so it was him and the scouts. Same in 2016. I think he can see that too, he's best when he trusts the board and wheels and deals off the board.

I'm optimistic b/c I see a lot of young AR in Sirianni, and I think he'll be on the same page with Howie and the scouts for the next couple drafts.

Doesn't mean they'll take the players this board wants, but they won't be taking players to plug holes or b/c the HC is enamored with the next Jeffrey or DeSean.

 

33 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Lol he claims he accidentally just bumped into Donald and was hit. I think something was said

Also he's probably looking for a paycheck

Yep, I'm sure this goes away quickly & quietly.  How about $1 million and an autographed jersey?

As far as Hurts, if drafting Hurts deep sixed Wentz' psyche, it was just a matter of time, something would have thrown him for a loop.

A confident QB isn't threatened by a late 2nd rd pick, you think Brady gave a crap about Garopollo?

And a QB who lacks confidence is too fragile to be a franchise QB.

If Hurts merely turns out to be a middle of the pack QB, that's tremendous value for #53, because middle of the pack QBs get traded for 1st rd picks all the time.

2 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Let's see how this draft plays out.

I think 2018-2020 was an anomaly, fueled by the SB.

Doug and Schwartz had too much influence, and both were win now with veterans guys, I don't think either has the patience to develop a young team.

Should Howie have overruled them? Well, that also meant telling Lurie the party is over, it was a fluke, prepare for pain. So they doubled down.

The fact that Doug actually wanted to go for it in 2021 tells me all I need to know about his psyche, wishful thinking.

My suspicion is Howie has self-scouted, the fact that he and Lurie have committed to a rebuild (compare to the Flyers) says they have "buyers regret" for the last couple seasons.

Go back to 2012/2013, after the "Dream Team" debacle and before Chip asserted control over personnel, Howie's best drafts because he was focused on rebuilding and had little interference, so it was him and the scouts. Same in 2016. I think he can see that too, he's best when he trusts the board and wheels and deals off the board.

I'm optimistic b/c I see a lot of young AR in Sirianni, and I think he'll be on the same page with Howie and the scouts for the next couple drafts.

Doesn't mean they'll take the players this board wants, but they won't be taking players to plug holes or b/c the HC is enamored with the next Jeffrey or DeSean.

 

You have some Lowie on your chin.

5 minutes ago, austinfan said:

I think 2018-2020 was an anomaly, fueled by the SB.

Inside The Nba Lol GIF by NBA on TNT - Find & Share on GIPHY

7 minutes ago, austinfan said:

As far as Hurts, if drafting Hurts deep sixed Wentz' psyche, it was just a matter of time, something would have thrown him for a loop.

A confident QB isn't threatened by a late 2nd rd pick, you think Brady gave a crap about Garopollo?

And a QB who lacks confidence is too fragile to be a franchise QB.

If Hurts merely turns out to be a middle of the pack QB, that's tremendous value for #53, because middle of the pack QBs get traded for 1st rd picks all the time.

Brady was in the league for close to 15 years when they drafted Garapollo lol of course he wasn’t phased by it

I'm just going into this draft hopeful that all the crap being talked about Lurie/Howie reaches their ears and they actually self-evaluate and do better. People thought the Sixers were doomed last offseason until Morey got here. Not saying the Eagles will go that route. Just saying I remember the Sixers offseason being really doom and gloom until Morey and Doc showed up. 

4 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Brady was in the league for close to 15 years when they drafted Garapollo lol of course he wasn’t phased by it

Not only that, but the guy is at worst the second best QB of all time (depending on how you feel about Montana) and easily the most successful long term. I really think he couldn't care less.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.