Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

16 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Let's see how this draft plays out.

I think 2018-2020 was an anomaly, fueled by the SB.

Doug and Schwartz had too much influence, and both were win now with veterans guys, I don't think either has the patience to develop a young team.

Should Howie have overruled them? Well, that also meant telling Lurie the party is over, it was a fluke, prepare for pain. So they doubled down.

The fact that Doug actually wanted to go for it in 2021 tells me all I need to know about his psyche, wishful thinking.

My suspicion is Howie has self-scouted, the fact that he and Lurie have committed to a rebuild (compare to the Flyers) says they have "buyers regret" for the last couple seasons.

Go back to 2012/2013, after the "Dream Team" debacle and before Chip asserted control over personnel, Howie's best drafts because he was focused on rebuilding and had little interference, so it was him and the scouts. Same in 2016. I think he can see that too, he's best when he trusts the board and wheels and deals off the board.

I'm optimistic b/c I see a lot of young AR in Sirianni, and I think he'll be on the same page with Howie and the scouts for the next couple drafts.

Doesn't mean they'll take the players this board wants, but they won't be taking players to plug holes or b/c the HC is enamored with the next Jeffrey or DeSean.

 

Lol. He had no control over his coaching staff, and you expect us to believe he had too much control?

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

Wentz clearly had some scar tissue from the Eagles’ SB run without him, as well as the playoff run the following year. Lowie should have had some emotional intelligence. 

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Wentz clearly had some scar tissue from the Eagles’ SB run without him, as well as the playoff run the following year. Lowie should have had some emotional intelligence. 

I blame Doug...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

...and McNabb.

25 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Let's see how this draft plays out.

I think 2018-2020 was an anomaly, fueled by the SB.

Doug and Schwartz had too much influence, and both were win now with veterans guys, I don't think either has the patience to develop a young team.

Should Howie have overruled them? Well, that also meant telling Lurie the party is over, it was a fluke, prepare for pain. So they doubled down.

The fact that Doug actually wanted to go for it in 2021 tells me all I need to know about his psyche, wishful thinking.

My suspicion is Howie has self-scouted, the fact that he and Lurie have committed to a rebuild (compare to the Flyers) says they have "buyers regret" for the last couple seasons.

Go back to 2012/2013, after the "Dream Team" debacle and before Chip asserted control over personnel, Howie's best drafts because he was focused on rebuilding and had little interference, so it was him and the scouts. Same in 2016. I think he can see that too, he's best when he trusts the board and wheels and deals off the board.

I'm optimistic b/c I see a lot of young AR in Sirianni, and I think he'll be on the same page with Howie and the scouts for the next couple drafts.

Doesn't mean they'll take the players this board wants, but they won't be taking players to plug holes or b/c the HC is enamored with the next Jeffrey or DeSean.

 

Adam Caplan was explaining the other day that Schwartz was pushing hard to draft one of Queen or Murray in the 1st last year and was pissed when Howie took Reagor instead. 

30 minutes ago, austinfan said:

As far as Hurts, if drafting Hurts deep sixed Wentz' psyche, it was just a matter of time, something would have thrown him for a loop.

A confident QB isn't threatened by a late 2nd rd pick, you think Brady gave a crap about Garopollo?

And a QB who lacks confidence is too fragile to be a franchise QB.

If Hurts merely turns out to be a middle of the pack QB, that's tremendous value for #53, because middle of the pack QBs get traded for 1st rd picks all the time.

You mean the Garopollo that got traded because of Brady?

5 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

Adam Caplan was explaining the other day that Schwartz was pushing hard to draft one of Queen or Murray in the 1st last year and was pissed when Howie took Reagor instead. 

Howie isn't going to take LB in the first round so that was wishful thinking for Schwartz.

I'm not sure who murray is I'm drawing a blank?

3 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Howie isn't going to take LB in the first round so that was wishful thinking for Schwartz.

I'm not sure who murray is I'm drawing a blank?

Probably but still further proof that Schwartz wasn’t willing wanting to have undrafted players start at LB. 

Kenneth Murray I believe is his name. Went to the chargers? 

3 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Go before 12 please

Watch him go at 12. We took Cox at 12

4 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Howie isn't going to take LB in the first round so that was wishful thinking for Schwartz.

I'm not sure who murray is I'm drawing a blank?

The 10 Best Bill Murray Performances of All-Time

7 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

Adam Caplan was explaining the other day that Schwartz was pushing hard to draft one of Queen or Murray in the 1st last year and was pissed when Howie took Reagor instead. 

I wonder if this story is about Davion Taylor and Shaun Bradley. 

In one example, Roseman and his scouting staff met with a position coach before the season to review players. The coach gave a dim assessment of two rookies. Roseman approached him individually and lashed out, sources said. "You’re making me look bad in front of my scouts,” he said. https://www.inquirer.com/sports/a/howie-roseman-philadelphia-eagles-jeffrey-lurie-20210312.html 

27 minutes ago, BGDutchNorris said:

I'm just going into this draft hopeful that all the crap being talked about Lurie/Howie reaches their ears and they actually self-evaluate and do better. People thought the Sixers were doomed last offseason until Morey got here. Not saying the Eagles will go that route. Just saying I remember the Sixers offseason being really doom and gloom until Morey and Doc showed up. 

They were doomed but they did have Embiid and Simmons. 

4 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I wonder if this story is about Davion Taylor and Shaun Bradley. 

In one example, Roseman and his scouting staff met with a position coach before the season to review players. The coach gave a dim assessment of two rookies. Roseman approached him individually and lashed out, sources said. "You’re making me look bad in front of my scouts,” he said. https://www.inquirer.com/sports/a/howie-roseman-philadelphia-eagles-jeffrey-lurie-20210312.html 

Either that or 2 of Reagor, Hightower and Watkins.

54 minutes ago, TEW said:

The franchise QB delivers both. I’m saying we should maximize our chances at getting a franchise QB. That means you want more chances with higher upside not fewer chances with a marginally higher floor.

Scarce...very scarce...resource. Unicorns not value stocks when it comes to QB

we have finite roster spots and cap dollars. Too much opportunity cost to hedge at the most expensive position

27 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Wentz clearly had some scar tissue from the Eagles’ SB run without him, as well as the playoff run the following year. Lowie should have had some emotional intelligence. 

TBH, I'm not sure how you can possibly fix the scar tissue from back to back playoff runs with Nick Foles. 

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

Either that or 2 of Reagor, Hightower and Watkins.

Reagor was starting and all reports were that he was who the coaching staff wanted over Jefferson.  Reagor started and so did Hightower.  Watkins was the only one that didn't get that many snaps.  Schwartz was starting a often befuddled and overmatched Gerry over the rookies.  

29 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Not only that, but the guy is at worst the second best QB of all time (depending on how you feel about Montana) and easily the most successful long term. I really think he couldn't care less.

Point is that's that attitude ALL the top QBs seem to have, "I'm so good that I don't care who they bring in as the backup QB."

If you don't have that swagger, you are going to fail, because crap happens in life and you'd better have the resilience to work through it.

The idea that you have to shelter your starting QB is nonsense, because in the NFL DCs will find a weak spot and exploit it - so your QB WILL fail - it's how he deals with failure that defines his career trajectory.

One thing I like about Hurts is his mental toughness, didn't pout when he was benched in Alabama, was ready to play when needed, took on the challenge of replacing TWO QBs chosen #1 in Oklahoma without preparation as a transfer. He may or may not have what it takes to start in the NFL, but he's not going to shy away from the challenge.

13 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Howie isn't going to take LB in the first round so that was wishful thinking for Schwartz.

I'm not sure who murray is I'm drawing a blank?

DeMarco

34 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Not only that, but the guy is at worst the second best QB of all time (depending on how you feel about Montana) and easily the most successful long term. I really think he couldn't care less.

Its widely reported he went to Kraft and bished

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

DeMarco

Booooo this man

51 minutes ago, Swoop said:

You have some Lowie on your chin.

You sure its not hair gel? 

No, your right, its Lowie. Go get him a towel.

Don;t worry, sound bite only, lol. 

2 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Its widely reported he went to Kraft and bished

Booooo this man

And then went out and showed them they were idiots for thinking he was too old and needed to be replaced in a couple seasons.

Wentz fell apart when he thought he'd actually have to compete for his job.

14 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

Probably but still further proof that Schwartz wasn’t willing wanting to have undrafted players start at LB. 

Kenneth Murray I believe is his name. Went to the chargers? 

Yup always amazed me what Schwartz was able to do with nothing at LB or CB

 

25 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

Adam Caplan was explaining the other day that Schwartz was pushing hard to draft one of Queen or Murray in the 1st last year and was pissed when Howie took Reagor instead. 

Queen was my first choice last year....I wanted my LB after years of prompting

 

15 minutes ago, greend said:

The 10 Best Bill Murray Performances of All-Time

 

1 minute ago, RLC said:

TBH, I'm not sure how you can possibly fix the scar tissue from back to back playoff runs with Nick Foles. 

I wonder what the team would be like if they had traded Wentz after the 2019 season.  It also begs the question of why Wentz wasn't self-aware enough to seek a trade prior to signing a big extension.  

7 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Scarce...very scarce...resource. Unicorns not value stocks when it comes to QB

we have finite roster spots and cap dollars. Too much opportunity cost to hedge at the most expensive position

It’s exactly because resources are scarce that you should maneuver to gain extra first round picks and get more shots at the unicorn.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.