Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

Interesting that the Eagles did not attend Fields pro day today. 

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

1 hour ago, austinfan said:

And then went out and showed them they were idiots for thinking he was too old and needed to be replaced in a couple seasons.

Wentz fell apart when he thought he'd actually have to compete for his job.

Sure, Howie, sure.

26 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

Imagine if they went Queen and Chinn last year? 😖

Jefferson/Chinn/ADG

1 hour ago, austinfan said:

Point is that's that attitude ALL the top QBs seem to have, "I'm so good that I don't care who they bring in as the backup QB."

If you don't have that swagger, you are going to fail, because crap happens in life and you'd better have the resilience to work through it.

The idea that you have to shelter your starting QB is nonsense, because in the NFL DCs will find a weak spot and exploit it - so your QB WILL fail - it's how he deals with failure that defines his career trajectory.

One thing I like about Hurts is his mental toughness, didn't pout when he was benched in Alabama, was ready to play when needed, took on the challenge of replacing TWO QBs chosen #1 in Oklahoma without preparation as a transfer. He may or may not have what it takes to start in the NFL, but he's not going to shy away from the challenge.

Point is most qbs can count on their GMs to bring in talent to help make them more successful not bring in a "back-up" qb instead. 

3 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Jefferson/Chinn/ADG

Why they thought Davion Taylor was a better prospect than ADG is beyond me.  He didn't do much his rookie year either but he's going to be a very solid pro.

Just now, ToastJenkins said:

Brady is the outlier. So is dak really

how many qbs get drafted after round one each yr? Hit rate must be abysmal 

I mean how many starters in the NFL aren't 1st round picks? I think there will likely only be like 6 teams going into the season without a first round pick as a starter. 

6 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Jefferson/Chinn/ADG

If I remember the scouts liked jefferson and Chinn and Lowie went reagor hurts.

☹️

 

2 minutes ago, Utebird said:

If I remember the scouts liked jefferson and Chinn and Lowie went reagor hurts.

☹️

 

That is correct.  What do scouts know though.

12 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Interesting that the Eagles did not attend Fields pro day today. 

They were at his first pro day

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

One year ago (as of 1:38 PM Eastern time today):

 

Less than an hour later (2:14 PM Eastern Time):

 

 

Of course, we didn't actually open for posting until 5 days later on the evening of April 20th (at 8:00 PM Eastern time). It was a very fast and crazy year!

You da real MVP VB Eagle.  I'm happy that you took the initiative to keep this going and I hope that we can keep a fan run EMB going for a long time.

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

They're preparing us for Barmore.  Also, I'd say they have more misses than hits at DE for 9 straight years of drafting.

 

I'm gonna puke if at the beginning of this draft we were thinking that we'd get an elite playmaker on the team, then ed up with a DT.  BOOOO!!!

2 hours ago, austinfan said:

As far as Hurts, if drafting Hurts deep sixed Wentz' psyche, it was just a matter of time, something would have thrown him for a loop.

A confident QB isn't threatened by a late 2nd rd pick, you think Brady gave a crap about Garopollo?

And a QB who lacks confidence is too fragile to be a franchise QB.

If Hurts merely turns out to be a middle of the pack QB, that's tremendous value for #53, because middle of the pack QBs get traded for 1st rd picks all the time.

Wentz had a front row seat to witness the dysfunction outlined in several recent reports. I doubt it was the Hurts selection that "deep sized Wentz' (sic) psyche." It may have been the last straw, but I suspect it was not directly causative.

2 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

You da real MVP VB Eagle.  I'm happy that you took the initiative to keep this going and I hope that we can keep a fan run EMB going for a long time.

I'm gonna puke if at the beginning of this draft we were thinking that we'd get an elite playmaker on the team, then ed up with a DT.  BOOOO!!!

The only thing that will make it worse is that if an elite playmaker or 2 make it to 6.

7 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

You da real MVP VB Eagle.  I'm happy that you took the initiative to keep this going and I hope that we can keep a fan run EMB going for a long time.

A lot of people played a part, from donating (many members) to Moderators helping set things up ( @Moderator12 did a lot of work getting our settings to match the old EMB), to the man that I hired to replicate the old EMB's skin (perfectly, I might add... I could likely have gotten it close but it would have taken a long time and would definitely not have been perfect lol).

I actually just had to spend $1,475.64 for the coming years worth of hosting and other security services (which Bank of America actually blocked the charge because they thought it was fraud until I confirmed it lol).

Se each year, even if I forget that today's the anniversary of Dave's announcement, I'll get a friendly little reminder from GoDaddy when they want their money lol.

30 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Interesting that the Eagles did not attend Fields pro day today. 

Do you have a source for that? 

1 hour ago, Utebird said:

Yup, if Baramore is the pick at 12 I may eat my shirt.

Pit stains and all?

4 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Do you have a source for that? 

 

 

6 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

A lot of people played a part, from donating (many members) to Moderators helping set things up ( @Moderator12 did a lot of work getting our settings to match the old EMB), to the man that I hired to replicate the old EMB's skin (perfectly, I might add... I could likely have gotten it close but it would have taken a long time and would definitely not have been perfect lol).

I actually just had to spend $1,475.64 for the coming years worth of hosting and other security services (which Bank of America actually blocked the charge because they thought it was fraud until I confirmed it lol).

Se each year, even if I forget that today's the anniversary of Dave's announcement, I'll get a friendly little reminder from GoDaddy when they want their money lol.

That part was easy.  It was manually checking each of the 800 people that signed up in the first 5 days to verify no one was stealing other peoples accounts was were the real work was :lol:

12 minutes ago, Moderator12 said:

That part was easy.  It was manually checking each of the 800 people that signed up in the first 5 days to verify no one was stealing other peoples accounts was were the real work was :lol:

lol Yeah, that happened to me when the old EMB moved from the really old EMB to Invision. 

7 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Those were the days! 

 

 

37 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

You da real MVP VB Eagle.  I'm happy that you took the initiative to keep this going and I hope that we can keep a fan run EMB going for a long time.

I'm gonna puke if at the beginning of this draft we were thinking that we'd get an elite playmaker on the team, then ed up with a DT.  BOOOO!!!

Barmore would have me feeling ill. Then Bateman in round two would pretty much crush me. I'd rather Paye at 12 if they are hellbent on DL at 12

1 hour ago, ToastJenkins said:

Brady is the outlier. So is dak really

how many qbs get drafted after round one each yr? Hit rate must be abysmal 

You said top 15. Besides Brady that would include Rodgers, Brees, Wilson, etc. But yes, the hit rate is abysmal, first round or not. From 2009 through 2016, 17 QBs were drafted in 1st round. NONE of them are still with the team that drafted them. 2017 is a bit better. Mahomes is set, but the other two - Trubisky and Watson - are pretty iffy though in the latter case not for football reasons. After that they’re all on rookie contracts so you can’t really tell.

The argument was made here, and I agree with it, that teams are generally better off going BPA and not trading up for a QB.

13 minutes ago, justrelax said:

You said top 15. Besides Brady that would include Rodgers, Brees, Wilson, etc. But yes, the hit rate is abysmal, first round or not. From 2009 through 2016, 17 QBs were drafted in 1st round. NONE of them are still with the team that drafted them. 2017 is a bit better. Mahomes is set, but the other two - Trubisky and Watson - are pretty iffy though in the latter case not for football reasons. After that they’re all on rookie contracts so you can’t really tell.

The argument was made here, and I agree with it, that teams are generally better off going BPA and not trading up for a QB.

Thing you are right. Honestly, teams are better off paying a ransom to a team for an established vet like the Texans were going to get before the allegations came out.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

That is correct.  What do scouts know though.

I was flat out wrong about jefferson I didn't think he'd project to outside WR like he did, and I really like Chinn I thought he was the pick for sure,

Having said that Hurts and Reagor will get their chance to shut everyone up this year, I hope they do though not so sure, I have more hope for reagor than hurts.

I really like hurts just not sure his passing skills match all his Intangibles.

 

7 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

How are the books?  DO we need to make another round of donations?

We started the day with $2,314.12, after paying for the hosting services today, we're left with $838.48 but since today's payment was charged to my credit card where I get a 2% cash back bonus for online purchases, once I get that 2% I'll add that back to the boards bank account. That's about $30.00

For the moment, I wouldn't expect any expenses to take away from the current account balance. So we don't really need to raise any funds but we also don't want to wait until the last minute for next year's bills. So at some point, we'll need to. 

Of course, when we get our AdSense capabilities turned back on, that will help (provided we don't get banned at some point), then there's our Fanatics commissions (anyone that's going to buy anything from Fanatics, should use our link), same goes for Amazon purchases. 

Of course, anyone that does not have a Rakuten account, can sign up using our link and get $10 (after making their first 'qualified' purchase of $25 or more) and once they do make that $25 worth of 'qualified' purchases (within 90 days), the board will get a $25 referral commission. 

So if we could get a couple hundred people to do that and make the purchases needed to 'qualify' (within 90 days of signing up), the board would have more than enough funds for at least a couple of years (200 joins with the associated qualifying purchases, would get the board $5,000.00). But even if we only got 25 people to do it, we'd get enough added to the account that next years bill would be set. This particular commission/bonus offer, expires June 30th. After that, I don't think everyone would get that $10 bonus and I think the commission drops to either $10 or $15.

For anyone that doesn't know what Rakuten is:

Spoiler

When you're going to buy something from various sites like eBay, Amazon (sometimes), Fanatics or many other places (and some physical stores), you go to your Rakuten account and find the site that you want to shop at. Click the link and go to that site. Shop as normal, and (usually), get a percentage discount (each site is different and has different percentage discounts). The amount of discount that you got, gets added to your account and at some point, you get paid however much has accumulated.

I've gotten a few hundred dollars back by using it. 

The way I look at Rakuten's referral program is 'easy money for the board' if we can get a good number of people to join and 'qualify'.

Neither one is good, but we might as well take a shot. 

Edit: Maybe Hurst is ok. Not sure why they’d cut him. 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.