Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

Matt Miller earlier said NFL teams love Barmore, and now he has the Eagles taking him in his mock. 

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Interesting that the Eagles did not attend Fields pro day today. 

That's how we like to do it.  It's called an "Andre Dillard" in NFL circles

34 minutes ago, justrelax said:

You said top 15. Besides Brady that would include Rodgers, Brees, Wilson, etc. But yes, the hit rate is abysmal, first round or not. From 2009 through 2016, 17 QBs were drafted in 1st round. NONE of them are still with the team that drafted them. 2017 is a bit better. Mahomes is set, but the other two - Trubisky and Watson - are pretty iffy though in the latter case not for football reasons. After that they’re all on rookie contracts so you can’t really tell.

The argument was made here, and I agree with it, that teams are generally better off going BPA and not trading up for a QB.

Interesting that Rodgers sat for how long? Mahomes sat. There were risks with taking both. Brady was a sixth rounder for a reason and only got to play bc Bledsoe got hurt.

none were unicorns

12 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I was flat out wrong about jefferson I didn't think he'd project to outside WR like he did, and I really like Chinn I thought he was the pick for sure,

Having said that Hurts and Reagor will get their chance to shut everyone up this year, I hope they do though not so sure, I have more hope for reagor than hurts.

I really like hurts just not sure his passing skills match all his Intangibles.

 

I dont doubt Hurts work ethic or physical toughness

sadly those cant compensate for his lack of ability as a passer

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

What top QB that's had around 5 years in the league whose team drafted a QB in rounds 1 or 2 had a "I'm so good that I don't care who they bring in as the backup QB." attitude?

You think Mahomes would care?

Montana and Favre kept real threats buried on the bench for 3 years.

6 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

I dont doubt Hurts work ethic or physical toughness

sadly those cant compensate for his lack of ability as a passer

Actually, the issue isn't his passing skills, Hurts throws as nice a ball as say Brees or Montana.

It's whether he can master the pro game, but that's the same issue with every QB in the top 10 these days, how many come out of Stanford like Elway or Luck, running a pro style offense, making NFL reads and throws? The spreads and RPOs make it almost impossible to judge college QBs, which is why Mahomes and Watson fell to #10 and #12. Instead, people focus on arm strength and athleticism, when the mental part of the game is what separates the stars from the backups.

Yes, arm strength matters to some extent, or Fitzgerald would be a pro bowl QB. But far less than people seem to think, 90% of throws are within 20 yards of the LOS, and deep throws are as much anticipating your receiver getting open and putting the ball where he can run under it than throwing a bullet 50 yards.

4 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Actually, the issue isn't his passing skills, Hurts throws as nice a ball as say Brees or Montana.

Dying Laughing GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

2 minutes ago, austinfan said:

You think Mahomes would care?

Montana and Favre kept real threats buried on the bench for 3 years.

No idea. I think Chiefs would be stupid for using a pick that early on QB though and I'm sure their fanbase would feel that way too

Did Montana and Favre's teams draft a QB in rounds 1 or 2 during their first 5 years? Definitely wasn't Rodgers as that wasn't until 2005

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Dying Laughing GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Kinda like how Sudfeld is unstoppable 

28 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Matt Miller earlier said NFL teams love Barmore, and now he has the Eagles taking him in his mock. 

Oh god.

339 hours to go. On the clock in about 341 hours.

I need to watch some Barmore. I never seriously considered him, but maybe I need to...

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

I need to watch some Barmore. I never seriously considered him, but maybe I need to...

He's good. A legitimate 1st rounder. Not a top 15 player.

We have holes everywhere. Unless we trade down, no thanks. 

36 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Matt Miller earlier said NFL teams love Barmore, and now he has the Eagles taking him in his mock. 

 

3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I need to watch some Barmore. I never seriously considered him, but maybe I need to...

That would be epic fail.  Sign Malik Jackson, sign Javon Hargrave the next offseason, draft Barmore the next offseason.

47 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Matt Miller earlier said NFL teams love Barmore, and now he has the Eagles taking him in his mock. 

Hopefully it's some kind of smoke screen.

Baramore reminds me of Nick Fairley, good inside pass rusher when he cares, sucks against the run.

20 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I need to watch some Barmore. I never seriously considered him, but maybe I need to...

No you don't lol 

just messin, we may as well prepare ourselves for something like this 

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

 

 

It doesn't say those teams were the only ones in attendance. The teams the said were just the ones they confirmed and likely wanted to talk about.  They apparently went to his first workout.  

19 minutes ago, downundermike said:

That would be epic fail.  Sign Malik Jackson, sign Javon Hargrave the next offseason, draft Barmore the next offseason.

Maybe he jumped off one of Lurie's 3 screens while he was hunkered down breaking down  his tape

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

Neither one is good, but we might as well take a shot. 

Edit: Maybe Hurst is ok. Not sure why they’d cut him. 

Hurst would be a decent number 3 DT.  

3 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

One year ago (as of 1:38 PM Eastern time today):

 

Less than an hour later (2:14 PM Eastern Time):

 

 

Of course, we didn't actually open for posting until 5 days later on the evening of April 20th (at 8:00 PM Eastern time). It was a very fast and crazy year!

Honestly F the eagles for closing that board during the pandemic when all this was going on. But you my friend are a god send! Thank you for all you do behind the scenes 

6 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Hurst would be a decent number 3 DT.  

The more I read about him, I think you’re right. I wouldn’t be surprised if (unless the release is official) some team offers a 7 so they don’t have to wait for waivers. 

57 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

I dont doubt Hurts work ethic or physical toughness

sadly those cant compensate for his lack of ability as a passer

 

I don't see any lack of ability as a passer from him except the ability to throw it 65+ yards down the field in the air.  

4 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

 

I don't see any lack of ability as a passer from him except the ability to throw it 65+ yards down the field in the air.  

45.9 completion percentage in the second half of his starts.

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

Matt Miller earlier said NFL teams love Barmore, and now he has the Eagles taking him in his mock. 

The only thing encouraging about this potential pick would be the utter mayhem it would cause on the Board.  

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.