Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

Just now, Utebird said:

 

That's a great movie.  

 

8 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

DeMarco

My least favorite Murray.  

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I wonder if this story is about Davion Taylor and Shaun Bradley. 

In one example, Roseman and his scouting staff met with a position coach before the season to review players. The coach gave a dim assessment of two rookies. Roseman approached him individually and lashed out, sources said. "You’re making me look bad in front of my scouts,” he said. https://www.inquirer.com/sports/a/howie-roseman-philadelphia-eagles-jeffrey-lurie-20210312.html 

Gee, the other version was he was defending his scouts against the position coach.

Though it'll be interesting to see how this sort of thing plays with the new coaching staff in a rebuild - if you're coaching to win now, it's a pain in the ass to have to spend time teaching raw athletic draft picks the basics instead of focusing on executing the scheme - if you're a teaching staff, coaching up raw athletes is why you were hired.

And that may have been the divide last season, the coaches wanted players they can plug in without a lot of work, Howie was drafting upside on the third day b/c he knew the day of reckoning was coming.

3 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

That's a great movie.  

 

 

Yup I could watch it Again and again and again...😉

One year ago (as of 1:38 PM Eastern time today):

Quote
Announcement.JPG

 

Less than an hour later (2:14 PM Eastern Time):

 

Quote

NewEMB.JPG

 

Of course, we didn't actually open for posting until 5 days later on the evening of April 20th (at 8:00 PM Eastern time). It was a very fast and crazy year!

7 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Yup always amazed me what Schwartz was able to do with nothing at LB or CB

 

Well, given that a number of sources have stated he had a lot of pull over personnel, that was partially his choice. He did have Bradham and Hicks, probably lobbied for Jerrigan/Malik/Hargrave, drafting Barnett, trading for Darby, drafting CBs, and he was given Jenkins and McLeod. It's unlikely most of these moves were made without his approval, and many due to his active lobbying. It's hard to identify many players that were coached up under him, I think he was more of a scheme guy than an execution guy.

9 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I wonder what the team would be like if they had traded Wentz after the 2019 season.  It also begs the question of why Wentz wasn't self-aware enough to seek a trade prior to signing a big extension.  

It would have been an admission the party was over, because trading him meant a total rebuild.

Plus it meant giving up on a guy who showed flashes of greatness, the dream dies hard.

They're preparing us for Barmore.  Also, I'd say they have more misses than hits at DE for 9 straight years of drafting.

 

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

They're preparing us for Barmore.  Also, I'd say they have more misses than hits at DE for 9 straight years of drafting.

 

This is one of the weakest DT drafts in a long time, there's nothing at the top and not much throughout, so of course this would be the draft Howie goes DT😒

Refusing to believe Christian Barmore at 12 for my sanity.

5 minutes ago, austinfan said:

It would have been an admission the party was over, because trading him meant a total rebuild.

Plus it meant giving up on a guy who showed flashes of greatness, the dream dies hard.

Hindsight being 20/20 it would have been a better decision.  Certainly Wentz would have commanded a higher price in a trade.  I mean they could have traded him to Jacksonville for their first round pick and probably another pick in 2020.  Foles would may have just been mediocre but they probably would have had Christian Wilkins meaning there would have been no need to sign Hargrave last season.  Maybe they even hold off on signing Jackson because they know they have pick 6 or the Dolphins pick and probably another 1st or 2nd in 2020.  That part of the trade puts the team in a position to draft Hebert potentially.  

 

I just need a time machine.  

3 minutes ago, RLC said:

Refusing to believe Christian Barmore at 12 for my sanity.

Oh gosh I might puke if that happened.

25 minutes ago, TEW said:

It’s exactly because resources are scarce that you should maneuver to gain extra first round picks and get more shots at the unicorn.

The only realistic place for unicorns is top picks. Really anything past 15 is irrelevant for a qb

I don't want Barmore and I don't want Bateman. Expect those to be our first and a find rounders boys 

30 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Point is that's that attitude ALL the top QBs seem to have, "I'm so good that I don't care who they bring in as the backup QB."

If you don't have that swagger, you are going to fail, because crap happens in life and you'd better have the resilience to work through it.

The idea that you have to shelter your starting QB is nonsense, because in the NFL DCs will find a weak spot and exploit it - so your QB WILL fail - it's how he deals with failure that defines his career trajectory.

One thing I like about Hurts is his mental toughness, didn't pout when he was benched in Alabama, was ready to play when needed, took on the challenge of replacing TWO QBs chosen #1 in Oklahoma without preparation as a transfer. He may or may not have what it takes to start in the NFL, but he's not going to shy away from the challenge.

What top QB that's had around 5 years in the league whose team drafted a QB in rounds 1 or 2 had a "I'm so good that I don't care who they bring in as the backup QB." attitude?

8 minutes ago, RLC said:

Refusing to believe Christian Barmore at 12 for my sanity.

Yup, if Baramore is the pick at 12 I may eat my shirt.

3 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

The only realistic place for unicorns is top picks. Really anything past 15 is irrelevant for a qb

Unicorns, yes. QBs not so much.

4 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

I don't want Barmore and I don't want Bateman. Expect those to be our first and a find rounders boys 

Mac Jones says hello. 

2 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Unicorns, yes. QBs not so much.

Brady is the outlier. So is dak really

how many qbs get drafted after round one each yr? Hit rate must be abysmal 

8 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

The only realistic place for unicorns is top picks. Really anything past 15 is irrelevant for a qb

I agree.

And it’s difficult/expensive to get that high. So when you have the chance to add a player with the upside to warrant that selection while also adding an extra first round pick, you do it, because it is the best of all worlds.

38 minutes ago, aptosbird said:

Queen was my first choice last year....I wanted my LB after years of prompting

 

Imagine if they went Queen and Chinn last year? 😖

4 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

Imagine if they went Queen and Chinn last year? 😖

They would have been bums in Jim's system that sets LBs and DBs up to fail. You cant think of them as a success on a different team. Scheme and the team around them plays a big role in the success of players. 

56 minutes ago, RLC said:

TBH, I'm not sure how you can possibly fix the scar tissue from back to back playoff runs with Nick Foles. 

I know how to not make it worse. 

2 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

They would have been bums in Jim's system that sets LBs and DBs up to fail. You cant think of them as a success on a different team. Scheme and the team around them plays a big role in the success of players. 

Schwartz has always done well with LBs.

Difference here was minus 2017 didn't really have any LBs.

Jenkins and mcleod have done well in jim's system so I imagine He would have been able to work with chinn.

Now CB I think is s different story, seems Jim is clueless when it comes to corner.

 

 

4 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

They would have been bums in Jim's system that sets LBs and DBs up to fail. You cant think of them as a success on a different team. Scheme and the team around them plays a big role in the success of players. 

Eh, I doubt they'd be bums. Queen would have replaced the white worm, I mean snake and made some plays I'm sure. Our safety situation was terrible and Chinn would have made some jarring hits at least and some plays. We'd have some hope on the back 7. 

5 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

They would have been bums in Jim's system that sets LBs and DBs up to fail. You cant think of them as a success on a different team. Scheme and the team around them plays a big role in the success of players. 

Hicks, Bradham, Kendricks all had success in Schwartz system. It’s almost like it matters if they are a good player vs a no name undrafted player. 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.