EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

14 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

You add bets that no ones talking about. You deflect. You change your story.

I'll take the Smith bet if you take the Gaineswell bet.  

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Couch Potato said:

IMO the Bears were hell bent on a QB and would have switched focus to Jones if Fields was gone. 

Maybe. I tend to think they really wanted fields. There was a report they began talking to teams at 7 trying to move up for fields. Maybe they do for jones but also have to convince your owner with a GM and coach on the hot seat to trade that draft capital for the 3rd or potentially 5th graded QB on their board. I think it was more justified if he was truly their second highest graded QB on their board and they loved him apparently. 

McNeil and Williams were my two favorite DTs , period .

can’t go wrong with either , McNeil reminds me of Brian Price , quick for a big guy 

13 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Frankly, I think people dont like him because he is terrible at his job and then talks down on people. 

Weird concept that it has nothing to do about him, his money, or anything in between. He is TERRIBLE at his job. 

So terrible that he built the team that won the only super bowl in franchise history.

Donahue wondered why the Eagles needed another 6th rd pick. That pick was used on Tuipulotu, so by trading down, Howie got both his 3 technique guy and his NT.

And by getting both of them, it freed him to trade his late 6th and late 7th for a 5th in 2022.

Guest justrelax
2 minutes ago, TEW said:

So terrible that he built the team that won the only super bowl in franchise history.

Minor detail. Doesn't fit the current narrative.

7 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I'll make it simple.  

Smith:  You- he plays all 17 games.  Me- he misses a game due to injury.

or

Smith:  Over/Under 1,000 yards receiving.  Me- under.

Stakes:  3 month control of avatar

Not multiple conditions.  Hard to determine a winner that way.    

I think he will miss a game because every Eagle does.  I'll take the the over 1,000.  

4 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Minor detail. Doesn't fit the current narrative.

People can be both successful and inept.  

12 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

McNeil and Williams were my two favorite DTs , period .

can’t go wrong with either , McNeil reminds me of Brian Price , quick for a big guy 

Yup. They're both good! McNeil is safer given level of competition and weight. Williams has Geno Atkins-level upside, but could flame out due to lack of weight and not being able to hold up at the POA. I was fine with either, but would have taken the HR swing with Williams.

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm not sure about that... I think we need a more physical back. Mind you I'm not even sure Howard is that at this point. 

Howard doesn't add much to special teams, Huntley meanwhile can play cover teams and return kicks.

I'm not sure why Howard was brought back, unless he's a guy one uses frequently in a rotation hd doesn't add much as he doesn't really play teams and isn't much of a receiver.

He's a high volume back not a rotational piece you give the ball to 3 times a game.

I think the 4 backs will be Sanders Scott Gainwell Huntley, if they keep 5 I'd think Clement who plays special teams and is a decent receiver would have the edge over howard 

Guest justrelax
5 minutes ago, Freshmilk said:

People can be both successful and inept.  

They can also make mistakes and learn from them.

55 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

If the eagles get 2019 Jordan Howard that’s probably better than any RB that is going to be cut or released on the market. He was good before that injury. However it’s a pretty big IF for Howard. He may just be done (he must have been really bad in Miami as he was rarely used and breida was often hurt and gaskin wasn’t great and also got hurt) but won’t know until training camp to see if that’s the case. 

Yeah I agree with you, if they get 2019 Howard then they have a good #2. But at this point that is so unlikely. 

35 minutes ago, TEW said:

Nah, there are a lot of people that live to complain. If he said what you said they’d be ridiculing that as well.

Frankly, I think a lot of people dislike him because he’s living the dream that they can’t achieve: a normal guy who works his way into NFL management and builds a super bowl winner. 

thats nonsense

what they dislike is a low character weasel that ruined our beloved team

19 minutes ago, TEW said:

luck

5 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I think the 4 backs will be Sanders Scott Gainwell Huntley, if they keep 5 I'd think Clement who plays special teams and is a decent receiver would have the edge over howard 

Oh god please don't tell me Clement is still on the roster?

FWIW

Bet MGM has the over/under on Smith set at

749.5 yards and 5.5 TD's

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

FWIW

749.5 yards and 5.5 TD's

Seems reasonable. I think at this point you gotta factor in the unknown with what hurts is going to be at QB. If he improves as a passer and develops i can easily see him going over. However that is unknown and it’s likely why those numbers aren’t higher 

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

FWIW

749.5 yards and 5.5 TD's

i'll go over

i like the over on the TDs more than the yards

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Seems reasonable. I think at this point you gotta factor in the unknown with what hurts is going to be at QB. If he improves as a passer and develops i can easily see him going over. However that is unknown and it’s likely why those numbers aren’t higher 

Yep, I'd still take the under on both though

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He's a free agent. I really doubt we will see him come back here, barring multiple injuries.

8 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You know what I was mistaken he is currently a FA I thought he had another year on his contract.

I can't imagine the eagles bro going him back.

Having said that not sure what RBs are on the market right now that are going to be better than Huntley as a 4th back.

https://www.fftoday.com/nfl/freeagents.php?o=1&PosID=20

Not seeing much on this list

2 minutes ago, Utebird said:

You know what I was mistaken he is currently a FA I thought he had another year on his contract.

I can't imagine the eagles bro going him back.

Having said that not sure what RBs are on the market right now that are going to be better than Huntley as a 4th back.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/running-back/available/

Not an inspiring list.

Guest justrelax

I'm getting a whiff of something really ugly here.

Hopefully it's my clogged sinuses.

3 minutes ago, justrelax said:

I'm getting a whiff of something really ugly here.

Hopefully it's my clogged sinuses.

more fraudulent bias claims from you?

be man enough to just come out and say it, if thats what you think.

Guest justrelax
Just now, ToastJenkins said:

more fraudulent bias claims from you?

be man enough to just come out and say it, if thats what you think.

No.

15 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

FWIW

749.5 yards and 5.5 TD's

If you assured me Smith would play 17 games I’d like the yards prop over. However, one injury makes the over tough.

Archived