EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

11 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

He tore his ACL in December. I’d love to know where he is at this moment in his rehab and if the eagles medical staff view him as on track and ready to go week 1. I tend to think it’s a bit of a stretch he’s ready week 1 with the timing of the injury. 

9 months to complete ACL surgery rehab, and absolutely no hurry to get him into the lineup with Kelce, Brooks, and Seumalo on the IOL.

Doubt he would be in the lineup for any preseason games, and possibly in uniform for Week 1 strictly as a backup.  Driscoll and Herbig would likely sub in first off the bench, and Dickerson would be a full go in practice by early September.  100% game shape by Week 3 or 4.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Alphagrand said:

9 months to complete ACL surgery rehab, and absolutely no hurry to get him into the lineup with Kelce, Brooks, and Seumalo on the IOL.

Doubt he would be in the lineup for any preseason games, and possibly in uniform for Week 1 strictly as a backup.  Driscoll and Herbig would likely sub in first off the bench, and Dickerson would be a full go in practice by early September.  100% game shape by Week 3 or 4.

No reason to play dickerson, give him a red shirt year on a team that will finish last In the division then come back next year and compete.

Dickerson is not beating out Brooks/Kelce/Seumalo off a torn ACL as a rookie with limited OTAs. There's no chance. 

2 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

PUP candidate?

8 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

The fact Green Bay has only drafted one offensive player in a decade, and it was the presumptive replacement for Rodgers, I can easily see why he'd be pissed. You can take the position that him being so good allowed them to build a great roster outside of skill players, but they haven't done that either. So, then, why wouldn't you pour resources to help out a QB who is likely a top 5-10 all timer when it's all over? It's mind boggling, and it reeks of GB management being negligent. Imagine that happened in Philly? That they've only won one Super Bowl with Rodgers is borderline unfathomable, yet, here we are...

Not just rodgers. They had favre and rodgers for a combined 32 seasons in a row and the only SB they got to and won with rodgers was as a 6 seed.

Frankly i can understand why he’s angry. They were in the nfc title game against San Francisco in 2019. Instead of going WR or helping the team with a corner to get over the hump and top they decided to take a QB in round one who wasn’t going to help. Then they get back to the nfc title game and lose cause Kevin king stinks and their head coach kicks a FG instead of giving him one last chance to get the potential tie. And if he potentially had another weapon maybe they get over the hump. 

Add on he likely knows he has limited time left so he wants to be all in so another reason why he likely hated that pick 

Guest justrelax
2 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Much more likely than playing, let alone starting, in game one.

Stoutland is not a coach who likes to rush his players. Quite the contrary. 

4 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

That’s generally how i see it. I could also see them if they really wanted to take things slow putting him on pup to start the season. 

2 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

PUP candidate?

I could totally see that especially if they are ok bringing him back along slowly with Driscoll and herbig being your main backups at that point. Especially considering the injuries he’s sustained in the past. 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Not just rodgers. They had favre and rodgers for a combined 32 seasons in a row and the only SB they got to and won with rodgers was as a 6 seed.

Frankly i can understand why he’s angry. They were in the nfc title game against San Francisco in 2019. Instead of going WR or helping the team with a corner to get over the hump and top they decided to take a QB in round one who wasn’t going to help. Then they get back to the nfc title game and lose cause Kevin king stinks and their head coach kicks a FG instead of giving him one last chance to get the potential tie. And if he potentially had another weapon maybe they get over the hump. 

Rodgers is older. Has plenty of money to retire if he wants.  He doesn't need to shut and play.  Why wouldn't he exert his will if he's unhappy? He doesn't need to take the abuse of another season if he isn't where he wants to be.

1 minute ago, justrelax said:

Much more likely than playing, let alone starting, in game one.

Stoutland is not a coach who likes to rush his players. Quite the contrary. 

It feels like there's a rush in here to replace Seumalo with Dickerson. I'm not sure why. Seumalo has been a solid piece, and while he'll probably never make a Pro Bowl, who cares? He's been steady and has improved each year, though I would guess he's about as good as he'll get. I think we've been spoiled with Peters, Kelce, Lane, Brooks, who were All Pros each of them. Dickerson hopefully is the Kelce replacement, I don't see the need to move Seumalo over at all. 

9 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

The fact Green Bay has only drafted one offensive player in a decade, and it was the presumptive replacement for Rodgers, I can easily see why he'd be pissed. You can take the position that him being so good allowed them to build a great roster outside of skill players, but they haven't done that either. So, then, why wouldn't you pour resources to help out a QB who is likely a top 5-10 all timer when it's all over? It's mind boggling, and it reeks of GB management being negligent. Imagine that happened in Philly? That they've only won one Super Bowl with Rodgers is borderline unfathomable, yet, here we are...

Drafted 1 offensive player in a decade? I think not 

1 minute ago, Original Sin said:

Drafted 1 offensive player in a decade? I think not 

Sorry one O player in the first round. 

Just now, pgcd3 said:

Rodgers is older. Has plenty of money to retire if he wants.  He doesn't need to shut and play.  Why wouldn't he exert his will if he's unhappy? He doesn't need to take the abuse of another season if he isn't where he wants to be.

I 100 percent agree. I don’t blame him at all. Frankly the packers shouldve have gone all in last year and they wouldn’t have found themselves in this position. Apparently there was also some pettiness from the GM where rodgers talked about a WR he was really high on in training camp, good chemistry with and the GM cut him the next day which irked rodgers. 

3 hours ago, WentzFan11 said:

McNeil Vs. Williams. 

Donahoe is a goober then. Williams + 6th is better than McNeil. Williams alone might be better than McNeil. Lets see what comes of that player chosen there too.

If Donahoe cant identify someone he likes in the 6th round of the draft, then what is he doing all year long? 

Typical football guy wanting to stick to the board rather than getting more good players. Howie is the best in that room. 

8 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Sorry one O player in the first round. 

I think it’s one offensive skill position player in the first two rounds when he was officially the starter. I think bulaga and sherif were first rounders but oline. I know Adams and Nelson were the only WR during his time they drafted in the first two rounds. 

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

That’s generally how i see it. I could also see them if they really wanted to take things slow putting him on pup to start the season. 

I would much rather they not put him on PUP to start the season.  Frankly, this team doesn't have enough talent on the roster that the #53 guy on the roster is so vital to success for this team when it matters that they have to protect him.    But, putting Dickerson on PUP to start the year means he cannot participate at all in practice until their window opens for him.   I'd much rather 'burn' the roster spot allowing him to practice, even in a limited capacity than protect the 6th CB on the roster, or whatever.   Carry some extra CBs on the PS if needed, but the reps are huge.    

Why?  Because as mentioned, this draft can be looked at as rising or falling based on the Dickerson pick.  Kelce is almost assuredly retiring at the end of the season, Brooks is another candidate that is likely moving on after this season.  One way or the other, there will be a void on the interior of the OL, possibly two.  And Dickerson would be the likely candidate to take over one of those spots, either at RG or C, or even LG, I suppose if Seumalo moves inside to C.  Those extra weeks of reps in practice, especially with the limited access during OTAs due to the union's short sightedness, makes it all the more important for him to get these reps during the season.

Offense isn’t the problem with GB , I believe they were number one scoring O last year , and are pretty good through out the years , defense has been lacking 

3 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

think i am already down to Ridder and Daniels as QBs for next year.

do not want a midget QB

EDIT: Guess i should include Shough too

You gotta wonder if the eagles are such big fans of Russell Wilson, and Hurts, how much theyre going to like Malik Willis, and not care about his height. 

1 minute ago, pgcd3 said:

I wish Rodgers would retire; the guy is not only a diva but he's made of teflon.  Rodgers threw 6 passes in the red zone in that Bucs game that wouldn't have hit the broad side of a barn, so Lafleur kicks a FG to get 3 points instead of zero.  Dumb decision of course -- but Rodgers wasn't get him anything there on that 4th down.  The game got too big for him, just like the SF game did.

Players don't get to hire or fire General Managers.  I'm definitely not qualified to run an NFL team, because I'd have traded Watson and Rodgers to the highest bidder before it even hit the news cycle.

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I would much rather they not put him on PUP to start the season.  Frankly, this team doesn't have enough talent on the roster that the #53 guy on the roster is so vital to success for this team when it matters that they have to protect him.    But, putting Dickerson on PUP to start the year means he cannot participate at all in practice until their window opens for him.   I'd much rather 'burn' the roster spot allowing him to practice, even in a limited capacity than protect the 6th CB on the roster, or whatever.   Carry some extra CBs on the PS if needed, but the reps are huge.    

Why?  Because as mentioned, this draft can be looked at as rising or falling based on the Dickerson pick.  Kelce is almost assuredly retiring at the end of the season, Brooks is another candidate that is likely moving on after this season.  One way or the other, there will be a void on the interior of the OL, possibly two.  And Dickerson would be the likely candidate to take over one of those spots, either at RG or C, or even LG, I suppose if Seumalo moves inside to C.  Those extra weeks of reps in practice, especially with the limited access during OTAs due to the union's short sightedness, makes it all the more important for him to get these reps during the season.

I don’t disagree with your logic. It’s pretty sound. but i could totally see the eagles wanting that extra roster spot and after what happened with alshon last year and losing togiai i could see them going the pup route.  

5 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Offense isn’t the problem with GB , I believe they were number one scoring O last year , and are pretty good through out the years , defense has been lacking 

The point is why take an antagonistic approach with such an elite talent? It's just poor management. 

5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I don’t disagree with your logic. It’s pretty sound. but i could totally see the eagles wanting that extra roster spot and after what happened with alshon last year and losing togiai i could see them going the pup route.  

If we have a guy like that, then fine, you keep him on the roster.  But, in this season, it's not about this season.  (it shouldn't have been last year, either)   So, you sacrifice a 'JAG' to go to the PS and you don't worry about it.  OR... you let a veteran go that has no future here and turn that position over to the young guy.  A guy like Singleton, for example, isn't here for the long term.  He's already 27.  He'll be 30 by the time it matters, if it even matters then.  Let the younger guys learn the ropes.  Or let Edwards go.  Whomever.   The goal isn't supposed to be 2021, or even 2022.  But, Dickerson, if he can stay healthy is a guy that's supposed to be the answer from 2022 to the foreseeable future... a stalwart on the OL.   So, you get him as many reps as early as possible in practice. 

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

WHY?  Mailata is a better player with more upside.  Because we drafted him higher?  RPS guy says there's competition at every position.  

Do you think Sirianni always goes rock? Is he one of those guys? 

Archived