EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

You’re going to be formally introduced to the Hurts Hurdlers early next season; the excuses will be fast and furious 

Alas, you are probably correct.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Desertbirds said:

Alas, you are probably correct.

I think it all boils down to expectations.  He’s going into his first full season and, as I’ve said before, my only expectation is that he progresses to what I consider some relatively pedestrian starting QB metrics:

62% comp, 2:1 TD/INT ratio, 11 yards per completion.

Numbers only say so much, though.  He’s got to be better in the 2nd half of games and he’s got to make plays in the 4th quarter that contribute to winning — even if the team doesn’t finish ahead.

Guest justrelax

Lest we remember Ogden as killing everybody, such was not the case. Dwight Freeney owned him.

17 minutes ago, Mrkingofspades said:

I remember DJax being super tiny coming out of college, maybe a little bigger than Smith. From what I recall, DJax never had an injury history that related to his small frame. It was mostly hamstrings and the groin issue. Correct me if I'm wrong. 

I'm not really worried about Smith's size. As long as the team uses him right, he should be just fine. 

You are correct. Pinkston Glew Desean all in the 170 range never missed any games due to contact related Injuries.

If Smith gets hurt I'd guess it won't be because he can't take a hit 

51 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Interesting takes on Dickerson from some anonymous scouts.

Third scout: "Not a good athlete, on the ground a lot. I don’t like his stiffness. I don’t like this and that. But he’s a guy I want on my team. He’s my type of guy even when I look at him as an athlete. Fortunately, you’re not going to be able to work the guy out.”

I have no idea what this guy is trying to say. 

Also,

Fourth scout: "It’s a wonderful story … but he’s not that good. He’s been hurt his whole life, and he’s limited athletically. Does the guy have any talent? No. Just a guy.”

image.gif.6042611b7b2675ea9e8dfe255ca0435a.gif

15 minutes ago, RLC said:

Those scouts are right. Dickerson is a JAG in the SEC.

Dang, I hope his legs hold up. Dude manhandles people 

28 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

So it took you all this time to come full circle to admit the only reason why Dillard would have a leg up (or his job to lose) is because he was a 1st round pick.  Which is what I said about Lowie dictating the roster.  No one said JM is a sure fire perennial pro bowler.  Just you.  You came with the ridiculous hot take of him being the most overrated player the past 10 years.  Then you asked me to name a player I thought was more overrated, which is an impossible counter to prove.  I'm not the only one who called you out, champ.  It's ok.  The world needs losers.  

Ok we can’t all be EMB tough guys like you. My reasoning was simply because JM has not proven to be good enough and Dillard hasn’t proven to be bad enough. Not that complicated. 

But I’ll take the L if it makes you and your minions feel better. 

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Quick.  Show how he looked in the National Championship game.....

He was on the field on a torn ACL. #winner

54 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Dillard will have had two years to build his core strength come TC. Then we’ll see.

Hopefully he was working on his legs while he was recuperating from the bicep.  Or was it a tricep?

54 minutes ago, greend said:

I want him on my team but he sucks? That scout sounds like an idiot

Yup.   Denying the talent is just ridiculous.   He has a lot of talent.   But, he's been Mr. Glass.   

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Interesting takes on Dickerson from some anonymous scouts.

Third scout: "Not a good athlete, on the ground a lot. I don’t like his stiffness. I don’t like this and that. But he’s a guy I want on my team. He’s my type of guy even when I look at him as an athlete. Fortunately, you’re not going to be able to work the guy out.”

I have no idea what this guy is trying to say. 

Also,

Fourth scout: "It’s a wonderful story … but he’s not that good. He’s been hurt his whole life, and he’s limited athletically. Does the guy have any talent? No. Just a guy.”

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=31166660

31 minutes ago, Utebird said:

You are correct. Pinkston Glew Desean all in the 170 range never missed any games due to contact related Injuries.

If Smith gets hurt I'd guess it won't be because he can't take a hit 

Does that include the concussion DJax got back in 2010, I think?   Or the broken leg on the punt return this past year?  

7 minutes ago, RLC said:

He was on the field on a torn ACL. #winner

It was the final snap, for a kneel down.   #meaningless

19 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Does that include the concussion DJax got back in 2010, I think?   Or the broken leg on the punt return this past year?  

True. Djax got lit up on a medicine ball by Kolb.

Yet lots of WRs that weigh more than 170 get concussions as well.

The broken leg was a fluke Injury where Desean slipped tried to get up and got his leg pinned on him awkwardly by a cheap shot DB.

I guess I should amend my statement and say Desean had more soft tissue Injuries or other non contact injuries than he did contact injuries 

Glew and Pinkston as far as I can remember didn't suffer any Injuries due to contact, Pinkston had the achilles and occasional hammy issues most notably In the super bowl 

I dont remember Glew ever getting hurt due to contact/ getting hit.

Where as plenty of guys that weigh more than 170 have  had contact Injuries over the years including bigger physical receivers line aj Green, julio Jones and Mike evans.

Where other bigger receivers like Fitz and hopkins rarely if ever miss games 

Which says to me that it doesn't have much to do with weight at all.

17 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

It was the final snap, for a kneel down.   #meaningless

Then how come no other player ever does that?

1 hour ago, Mrkingofspades said:

I remember DJax being super tiny coming out of college, maybe a little bigger than Smith. From what I recall, DJax never had an injury history that related to his small frame. It was mostly hamstrings and the groin issue. Correct me if I'm wrong. 

I'm not really worried about Smith's size. As long as the team uses him right, he should be just fine. 

Can they be comparable?

I think when I see Landon Dickerson's injury report and him wearing number 69 it reminds me of Reggie Ray from Not Another Teen Movie and how they kept trying to keep him on the field through injuries/concussions

1 minute ago, garingovt2000 said:

I think when I see Landon Dickerson's injury report and him wearing number 69 it reminds me of Reggie Ray from Not Another Teen Movie and how they kept trying to keep him on the field through injuries/concussions

Underrated stupid comedy....also an amazing rack in the movie.

5 minutes ago, Utebird said:

True. Djax got lit up on a medicine ball by Kolb.

Yet lots of WRs that weigh more than 170 get concussions as well.

The broken leg was a fluke Injury where Desean slipped tried to get up and got his leg pinned on him awkwardly by a cheap shot DB.

I guess I should amend my statement and say Desean had more soft tissue Injuries or other non contact injuries than he did contact injuries 

Glew and Pinkston as far as I can remember didn't suffer any Injuries due to contact, Pinkston had the achilles and occasional hammy issues most notably In the super bowl 

I dont remember Glew ever getting hurt due to contact/ getting hit.

Where as plenty of guys that weigh more than 170 have  had contact Injuries over the years including bigger physical receivers line aj Green, julio Jones and Mike evans.

Where other bigger receivers like Fitz and hopkins rarely if ever miss games 

Which says to me that it doesn't have much to do with weight at all.

Pinkston always shied away from contact.  GLEW is hardly an example to hold up for 'success' in the NFL.   

Those are my points.  You said that DJax didn't suffer any contact injuries.  He did.  Lots of other WRs have as well.

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

Underrated stupid comedy....also an amazing rack in the movie.

Yeah I edited the clip since you replied to include the sportscaster who is pretty funny.  It is a classic and well casted with hot chicks 

35 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

It's ok buddy.  You'll always have Nick's body part....

Kicking Rocks GIFs | Tenor

Which one are you? 

50125536-C752-4E38-8A65-D06F259CC97C.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Pinkston always shied away from contact.  GLEW is hardly an example to hold up for 'success' in the NFL.   

Those are my points.  You said that DJax didn't suffer any contact injuries.  He did.  Lots of other WRs have as well.

Remember DJax got hit hard on a crossing route.  Not sure if he missed any game after that.  But he was kind of shy on the routes in the middle. 

5 minutes ago, RLC said:

Then how come no other player ever does that?

That was very much a 'Rudy' moment.   Meaningless in every way.   They did it for him, because they liked him, and they could send him off with a nice gesture.

Archived