EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Except for the picks... it was 70, not 71, and it was moving back 3 spots, not 2. 

There are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can’t. 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, metal said:

Yup there's a reason all those guys are FA.

Couple big names like todd gurley whose surprisingly only 26 but has the knees of a 60 year old and will command more money than eagles have.

Former eagle😉 frank gore might be done, former eagle Mccoy and his 2 super bowl rings has been done for a while, I wouldn't count out AP he's a freak but I think I'm counting him out .

Gus Edwards was good once upon a time but is now damaged goods.

TJ yeldon not sure what his deal is, maybe his circle button is broken ☹️

If I'm Howie, I'm talking to the following teams just to see what it would take to add to the backfield.  The Steelers have an absurd amount of talented RB now.

Broncos- Royce Freeman

Jets- La'Mical Perine

49ers- Raheem Mostert

Steelers- Jaylen Samuels, Benny Snell, Kallen Ballage

Patriots- Damien Harris

If our O-Line is healthy can we be a top 5 OL in the NFL again?  Also what would that line look like?

LT - Mailata
LG- Dickerson 
C- Kelce
RG- Brooks
RT - Johnson

If healthy and Siriani has some creative play calling we could be alright.  Also would it be better to train Dillard as RT or LG?  Seems like his footwork is good on the left side.  Dickerson goes to C next year when Kelce gone.  Thoughts?

Just now, bpac55 said:

If I'm Howie, I'm talking to the following teams just to see what it would take to add to the backfield.  The Steelers have an absurd amount of talented RB now.

Broncos- Royce Freeman

Jets- La'Mical Perine

49ers- Raheem Mostert

Patriots- Damien Harris

Nah.. not enough snaps to go around. Sanders will get a majority of the snaps. The coaching staff seems excited about Gainwell and Scott is still viable. We’re fine there

Guest justrelax
1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

Broncos- Royce Freeman

Jets- La'Mical Perine

49ers- Raheem Mostert

Patriots- Damien Harris

What’s the hurry?

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Ok.  I will PM you the conditions we have agreed upon so we both have record of the bet.  If he hits or goes over 1,000 yards you can pick my avatar that I will use for 3 months,  the moment he goes over.  If he finishes the season under 1,000 yards I will pick your avatar that you will use for 3 months, once the season is over.

Agreed?  

Agreed 

13 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Yup there's a reason all those guys are FA.

Couple big names like todd gurley whose surprisingly only 26 but has the knees of a 60 year old and will command more money than eagles have.

Former eagle😉 frank gore might be done, former eagle Mccoy and his 2 super bowl rings has been done for a while, I wouldn't count out AP he's a freak but I think I'm counting him out .

Gus Edwards was good once upon a time but is now damaged goods.

TJ yeldon not sure what his deal is, maybe his circle button is broken ☹️

I love TJ Yeldon's running style.  Would rather kick the tires on him instead of Howard.

It's a shame Bryce Love destroyed his knee at Stanford.  He was looking special.  He must be toast.

D'Onta Foreman is young and has the size I'm looking for but he's just been beat up already at 24.

Bradshaw letting Rogers have it 

Him being that upset shows me how weak he is," Bradshaw said Monday to Moose and Maggie on WFAN. "Who the hell cares who you draft? He's a three-time MVP in the league and he's worried about this guy they drafted last year at No. 1?

"...And for him to be upset, my god, I don't understand that. Pittsburgh drafted Mark Malone No. 1, Cliff Stoudt in the third or fourth round - I had them coming at me from all angles. I embraced it, because when we went to practice, I wasn't worried about those guys. They didn't scare me a bit. So I don't understand why he's so upset at Green Bay."

And then if they fire the general manager he'll come back? Are you kidding me? Really Aaron, that's where this is? Here's what I'd do - I wouldn't budge. Let him gripe, let him cry - retire, you're 38, go ahead and retire, see you later.

"I'm really strong about stuff like that, and it just makes him look weak. In my way [of looking at things], it makes him look weak. How dare you draft somebody! What did he say? ... Me being the MVP really screwed them, it really messed them up. Well, you're gonna make I don't know how much money, but obviously he doesn't need the money. So probably he should just retire and go do Jeopardy! That's the way I look at it, but I wouldn't budge. I'm strong about stuff like that. Either he gives in and Green Bay doesn't, or move on."

2 minutes ago, blindside said:

Nah.. not enough snaps to go around. Sanders will get a majority of the snaps. The coaching staff seems excited about Gainwell and Scott is still viable. We’re fine there

Do you trust Miles Sanders to stay healthy?  He hasn't been yet and that's a mild concern.  If he goes down you have Gainwell most likely starting with Scott backing him up.  I don't like that.

I'm over the Boston Scott project TBH.  Step above a JAG and gets love because he's built like Sproles.  Bring him in for both Giants games and that's it.  

Guest justrelax
28 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

If our O-Line is healthy can we be a top 5 OL in the NFL again?  Also what would that line look like?

LT - Mailata
LG- Dickerson 
C- Kelce
RG- Brooks
RT - Johnson

If healthy and Siriani has some creative play calling we could be alright.  Also would it be better to train Dillard as RT or LG?  Seems like his footwork is good on the left side.  Dickerson goes to C next year when Kelce gone.  Thoughts?

I don’t think Dickerson will be ready. Also, even if he is, taking Seumalo out will make the line ponderous. If Kelce is the only guy who can pull we’ll be running into a lot of stacked interiors since we can’t get outside.

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

After thinking on it, Landon Dickerson was the steal of the draft. 

1 DeVonta Smith = 166lbs

1 Landon Dickerson = 323lb

therefore

1 Landon Dickerson = 2 DeVonta Smiths

You call that thinking?

Guest justrelax
Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Are you going to share what you think stinks in here?  (not presumptive at all, I'm sure?

I’m not. 

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I wouldn't pencil Dickerson in as a starter this year.  And as far as next year goes.  I would prefer to keep him at G.  I would hate to know we wasted such a high draft pick on a center.  

He tore his ACL in December. I’d love to know where he is at this moment in his rehab and if the eagles medical staff view him as on track and ready to go week 1. I tend to think it’s a bit of a stretch he’s ready week 1 with the timing of the injury. 

1 minute ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

You call that thinking?

Math checks out

52 minutes ago, Freshmilk said:

People can be both successful and inept.  

Yes, but there aren't many of us.

4 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I love TJ Yeldon's running style.  Would rather kick the tires on him instead of Howard.

It's a shame Bryce Love destroyed his knee at Stanford.  He was looking special.  He must be toast.

D'Onta Foreman is young and has the size I'm looking for but he's just been beat up already at 24.

Yup id rather kick the tires on yeldon than howard as well.

Bryce love yeah before the knee looked like a 1st rounder, guess he never recovered☹️

Yeah saw Foreman and thought he's still pretty young, he would have been better in the 80s, as a 3yards and pile of dust RB, as is he's too stiff doesn't offer much as a receiver or on teams, kind of like Howard as I'm still wondering why he's on the roster???

1 minute ago, Original Sin said:

Bradshaw letting Rogers have it 

Him being that upset shows me how weak he is," Bradshaw said Monday to Moose and Maggie on WFAN. "Who the hell cares who you draft? He's a three-time MVP in the league and he's worried about this guy they drafted last year at No. 1?

"...And for him to be upset, my god, I don't understand that. Pittsburgh drafted Mark Malone No. 1, Cliff Stoudt in the third or fourth round - I had them coming at me from all angles. I embraced it, because when we went to practice, I wasn't worried about those guys. They didn't scare me a bit. So I don't understand why he's so upset at Green Bay."

And then if they fire the general manager he'll come back? Are you kidding me? Really Aaron, that's where this is? Here's what I'd do - I wouldn't budge. Let him gripe, let him cry - retire, you're 38, go ahead and retire, see you later.

"I'm really strong about stuff like that, and it just makes him look weak. In my way [of looking at things], it makes him look weak. How dare you draft somebody! What did he say? ... Me being the MVP really screwed them, it really messed them up. Well, you're gonna make I don't know how much money, but obviously he doesn't need the money. So probably he should just retire and go do Jeopardy! That's the way I look at it, but I wouldn't budge. I'm strong about stuff like that. Either he gives in and Green Bay doesn't, or move on."

We just live in a different era boys.  It started with the NBA.  I really hope we aren't entering this new world of the NFL where every year quarterbacks are forcing their way out of teams.  Is it entitlement? Fear of losing a job?  These teams invest hundreds of millions of dollars in to these "franchise" quarterbacks and they get butt hurt over another guy at the same position being drafted.  I'm looking at you too Carson.

Good for Terry for calling him out like that. 

Guest justrelax
1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

We just live in a different era boys.  It started with the NBA.  I really hope we aren't entering this new world of the NFL where every year quarterbacks are forcing their way out of teams.  Is it entitlement? Fear of losing a job?  These teams invest hundreds of millions of dollars in to these "franchise" quarterbacks and they get butt hurt over another guy at the same position being drafted.  I'm looking at you too Carson.

Agree. Rodgers forgets he sat behind Favre for a while.

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

He tore his ACL in December. I’d love to know where he is at this moment in his rehab and if the eagles medical staff view him as on track and ready to go week 1

He can do cart wheels so if Stoutland needs him to do that eagles are set.

Run blocking pass blocking????

Cartwheels ✔️

7 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Math checks out

You forgot the remainder.

5 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Favre reacted similarly when GB drafted rodgers, monkey see monkey do.

1 hour ago, TEW said:

Nah, there are a lot of people that live to complain. If he said what you said they’d be ridiculing that as well.

Frankly, I think a lot of people dislike him because he’s living the dream that they can’t achieve: a normal guy who works his way into NFL management and builds a super bowl winner. 

I said many, not all.

The fact Green Bay has only drafted one offensive player in a decade, and it was the presumptive replacement for Rodgers, I can easily see why he'd be pissed. You can take the position that him being so good allowed them to build a great roster outside of skill players, but they haven't done that either. So, then, why wouldn't you pour resources to help out a QB who is likely a top 5-10 all timer when it's all over? It's mind boggling, and it reeks of GB management being negligent. Imagine that happened in Philly? That they've only won one Super Bowl with Rodgers is borderline unfathomable, yet, here we are...

10 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Math checks out

spacer.png

Archived