EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously teams picking late in rounds would have less points 

DJ is just bored 

Nets-Bucks tonight.  

Would be great to see the Bucks win again and really help the Sixers solidify that #1 seed.   

21 minutes ago, TEW said:

Usually it’s easier to trade a first for a future first and either a present first or second, depending on how high your original first rounder is.

I have no doubt that Howie will try to extract value from at least one of our picks in the top 2 rounds next year, but that will probably depend on the QB situation. If we have to make a big move up, it might not be possible.

If they have to bring in a QB, it's unlikely that they'd have to make a big move... relatively speaking.   If they can win 8 or even 9 games and end up around pick 15 or 16, then that's a problem.  That would be a 'worst case' scenario, where you won enough games to really push you out of the range to get a QB on a reasonable price.  In that case, you've gotta hope Miami bombs their season and Tua implodes (frankly, I hope that happens anyway, because two top 10 picks is better than 1).  But, if they can only win 4 - 6 games and need to replace Hurts for the long term, that likely drops them into about pick 4 - 8.   And moving up to ensure you get your QB becomes much more affordable, especially when you look at who might be ahead of you.  Teams that took a QB this past year won't be likely to shop for a QB next year as well.   If this team manages to win 10 or more games, then I think that it could easily be argued that you don't need another QB.

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

If they have to bring in a QB, it's unlikely that they'd have to make a big move... relatively speaking.   If they can win 8 or even 9 games and end up around pick 15 or 16, then that's a problem.  That would be a 'worst case' scenario, where you won enough games to really push you out of the range to get a QB on a reasonable price.  In that case, you've gotta hope Miami bombs their season and Tua implodes (frankly, I hope that happens anyway, because two top 10 picks is better than 1).  But, if they can only win 4 - 6 games and need to replace Hurts for the long term, that likely drops them into about pick 4 - 8.   And moving up to ensure you get your QB becomes much more affordable, especially when you look at who might be ahead of you.  Teams that took a QB this past year won't be likely to shop for a QB next year as well.   If this team manages to win 10 or more games, then I think that it could easily be argued that you don't need another QB.

Agreed.

Everything really hinges on Hurts. My only concern is that his legs and revamped offense are enough to win 7 games. Like you said, worst case scenario is that middle of the pack finish where you aren't certain of his ability as the long term starter. He needs to either have a breakout season where he shows extreme growth as a passer or we need to tank.

So, you can't point me to one that illustrates your point perfectly.   Ok.

You pointed to these guys Pinkston, DJax and GLew and talked about how they never got hurt on contact plays.  I pushed back on DJax, who did.   Pinkston who avoided contact at every chance, and GLew who's career was a complete 'meh'.  

I have changed my stance on Smith from draft night... but your defense isn't that strong.    The reality is that Smith is outside the norm.  There's no getting around that.

The norm? What you say is the norm isn't the norm and you haven't shown that it is where as I've given you examples of 3 players with comparable weight who played at least 5 years in the league and between those 3 players one suffered a concussion on a helmet to helmet cheap shot and that's it. 

That concussion had nothing to do with Desean being more susceptible to injury because he ways 170 lbs 

Mailata got a concussion last year from a cheap shot helmet to helmet hit from a lb that weighs 230 lbs, Mailata weighs 350+ pounds would one then conclude Mailata is more prone to injury from contact because of his weight 

I'll wait for you to find me a stat that shows guys that have similar frame if Smith Pinkston Glew Desean are more Injury prone than bigger receivers like aj green julio jones ect.

Just because you say my case is weak doesn't make it so when you have yet to present any evidence other than Pinkston shied away from contact and Glew had a meh career.

Glad you've come around on smith, I imagine he'll get hurt at sometime most nfl players do and when he does people will say it's because of his weight without taking into consideration that guys that weigh more than him get hurt all the time as well.

11 minutes ago, TEW said:

Agreed.

Everything really hinges on Hurts. My only concern are that his legs and revamped offense are enough to win 7 games. Like you said, worst case scenario is that middle of the pack finish where you aren't certain of his ability as the long term starter. He needs to either have a breakout season where he shows extreme growth as a passer or we need to tank.

This is most certainly a 6-7 win team. And even if he shows out, like a 8-9 win team. 

1 - That's a straw man.  I asked for a time stamp.  You chose to punt.   Those 4 minutes of highlights was closer to about 1:30 when you edit out the multiple angles of the same play.   

2 - My mom is a dude?    Seems you need to work on your point building.   

Don't rely on straw men, and don't rely on being rude to make your point.

Please, claiming a straw man is taters most over used phrase when some one doesn't agree with someone's point or can't refute it.

You're a smart guy you can figure out the clip is about 1:30 of actual " highlights" I'm pretty sure you can deduce Which plays Pinkston was contacted by a defender.😒

And you should also notice that he was never hurt due to contact, did he shy away from contact? Sure, yet let's not pretend he never took a hit or wasnt tackled and spent all 5 of his seasons never being tackled.

Try not being passive aggressive to make a point.

1 hour ago, D-Shiznit said:

fzlxfcm896x61.jpg

The Gang putting in work!

Hurts and who else?   Or is that Jason Taylor ha.

6 minutes ago, blindside said:

This is most certainly a 6-7 win team. And even if he shows out, like a 8-9 win team. 

At what?

RPS?

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Hurts playing on his phone.   Hard work there.  Who’s the dude on the left?  

Sanders in the middle.  

Goedert on the left

2 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

At what?

RPS?

What is RPS?

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Hurts playing on his phone.   Hard work there.  Who’s the dude on the left?  

Sanders in the middle.  

That's Siriani no?

6 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Hurts and who else?   Or is that Jason Taylor ha.

Goedert, Sanders, and Hurts

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Looks nothing like Goedert.  

yeah, that's not Goedert. Correction, it is

Hurts, Sanders, Reagor, Hightower and Goedert have been working out together. 

1 hour ago, D-Shiznit said:

fzlxfcm896x61.jpg

The Gang putting in work!

Looks like they are bs’ing by the water cooler 

11 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

yeah, that's not Goedert. Correction, it is

Hurts, Sanders, Reagor, Hightower and Goedert have been working out together. 

Good to see hightower in that group, where's Quez, Fulgham, Ward???

6 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Looks like they are bs’ing by the water cooler 

Looks like Under Armour should have a longer limit on the length of shorts for men.  

14 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Looks nothing like Goedert.  

Weird, because that’s who it is

3 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Looks like Under Armour should have a longer limit on the length of shorts for men.  

They are about to pull a John Ritter 

I was very vocal about not wanting Smith but now that he's an Eagle I'm watching his highlights not to nitpick his size anymore but to enjoy what he is.  His NCG highlights showcase everything he does well.  One thing I will say is Alabama was super creative in getting him the ball.  I hope this new, young Eagles staff really brings a new outlook to play calling and getting the ball in their playmakers hands.

The catch at 3:00...we haven't had a guy who can make that catch in I don't know how long.

I always questioned his speed because he just doesn't look blazing fast despite dusting almost everyone.  Perfect example of this is his 2nd touchdown at the 4:00 mark.  That's Sevyn Banks, who we should be studying for the 1st round next year, trying to keep up.  He SHOULD have the angle on him coming right down the goal line but Smith just consistently gets by guys.  It's amazing to watch.

I'm really getting excited to see not only how his game translates to the NFL but how he elevate the game of the other WR.  It was fun to hear how the Bama WR would fight over which routes they would run on any given play.   He's used to playing with the best and getting the best out of his teammates.  If he can do that with Reagor, Watkins and Hightower...look out.

5 minutes ago, blindside said:

Weird, because that’s who it is

That guy looks nothing like him even though it is. 

Dallas Goedert: Philadelphia Eagles tight end sidelined by fractured ankle  | NFL News | Sky Sports

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

And how do you know this?  

I guess that’s "putting in work”. 

Verified

Jalen Hurts has been working out with his young weapons Miles Sanders, Dallas Goedert, John Hightower, Jalen Reagor

Archived