EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

6 minutes ago, RLC said:

NFL Teams: STAY IN SHAPE!
Also NFL Teams: Get hurt staying in shape and you're on your own. 

Nfl teams want camp  , players union doesn’t want camp , so this is on the players 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Yikes. 

We're going to learn a lot about the Broncos with this. Doing this to James is going to hurt in their recruitment of players

5 minutes ago, greend said:

He was away from the team facility. Do you understand?

Live by the sword, die by the sword.  Players want to avoid team workouts and practices, then they are rightfully exposed when they get hurt on their own time.  

16 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Here's more than a couple plays of Pinkston not avoiding contact when he sees it coming.

No, there is not.  There is not one play where he is going head on with a defender.

Just now, greend said:

He also didn't avoid it. 

If he had the opportunity he did as was his job.

Pinkston gets a lot of flack on this board and has for years because if one non catch agai st washington where mcnabb threw him a hospital ball he made a business decision and then said he lost it in the lights and eagles fans kill him for it and discount anything good he did 

Pinkston was a string bean and not the toughest WR around and yet he was a pretty good Z receiver who could stretch the field and keep defenses honest.

The eagles won a super player with a similar ayer in a similar role in torrey smith 

I'm not going to crown Pinkston as anything other than what he was which was a marginal WR who could be a deep threat but the constant painting   him as always soft and contact avoident and utter trash are misfounded tate rhetoric.

Pinkston had some good moments as an eagle and helped them win some big games, I wish he would have had more big moments but it is what it is.

37 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You first.  

A7B3A81C-655D-48AF-94E1-16C0F510D017.jpeg

I''ll take a guess, Chubby in the Brown Moomoo???

Supersize it please. WHAT, no more Supersizing??? Just double my order then. 

5 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Yikes. 

Didn't realize the union didn't want them even working out at the facilities. What a ridiculous take. "Hey avoid the multi-million dollar building full of gym equipment, trainers, dieticians and medical staff and go work out at Planet Fitness." 

Just now, DeathByEagle said:

I''ll take a guess, Chubby in the Brown Moomoo???

Supersize it please. WHAT, no more Supersizing??? Just double my order then. 

You’d do me 

15 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Players might want to rethink boycotting OTA's to do their own workouts

Is this a league thing or a team contract thing?

5 minutes ago, RLC said:

We're going to learn a lot about the Broncos with this. Doing this to James is going to hurt in their recruitment of players

It's their own fault. He would have been fine if he was at the facility 

4 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Live by the sword, die by the sword.  Players want to avoid team workouts and practices, then they are rightfully exposed when they get hurt on their own time.  

This

Just now, Mike030270 said:

Is this a league thing or a team contract thing?

It's their own fault. He would have been fine if he was at the facility 

This

I'm sure its a standard contract thing to protect teams from player stupidity. 

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

No, there is not.  There is not one play where he is going head on with a defender.

Guess you missed the one where he breaks out of a tackle of two defenders, or the one where he stiff arms a dude to the ground, I mean what are you expecting???, you think there are highlights of 175  pound receivers trucking dudes like earl campbell?

Heck I've seen WRs with 20 more pounds go down on first contact 

If eagles fans were expecting Pinkston to be the christian Okoye of WRs than that's their fault for having unrealistic expectations 

If anyone expects Smith to truck any one adjust your expectations accordingly.

Just now, Utebird said:

Zach Ertz...

3 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

You’d do me 

I swear to god if someone posts the Silence of the Lambs Buffalo Bill gif I will quit the boards

3 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

You’d do me 

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Didn't realize the union didn't want them even working out at the facilities. What a ridiculous take. "Hey avoid the multi-million dollar building full of gym equipment, trainers, dieticians and medical staff and go work out at Planet Fitness." 

Were Andre Dillard and Timmy Jernigan’s injuries at the facility, or away from?  I don’t recall

3 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Guess you missed the one where he breaks out of a tackle of two defenders, or the one where he stiff arms a dude to the ground, I mean what are you expecting???, you think there are highlights of 175  pound receivers trucking dudes like earl campbell?

If eagles fans were expecting Pinkston to be the christian Okoye of WRs than that's their fault for having unrealistic expectations 

If anyone expects Smith to truck any one adjust your expectations accordingly.

Those are not plays you avoid contact on.  Based on reading back through the discussion, I want to see a play that he is running right into contact.  There is nothing like that on the video.

Here is an example of him avoiding contact because Taylor was going to destroy him.  Now show me him making a catch with this type of collision about to happen.

1 minute ago, Alphagrand said:

Were Andre Dillard and Timmy Jernigan’s injuries at the facility, or away from?  I don’t recall

Dillard was during TC. Jernigan was away and I don't remember if it even involved working out or it was him doing something stupid. I don't think it ever leaked exactly what happened. 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Zach Ertz...

Exactly dude weighs 250 pounds, that's 80 more pounds than Pinkston and I think I've seen Pinkston break more tackles☹️

23 minutes ago, greend said:

I think I saw 1, seriously 

I saw one clip of Pinkston initiating contact on his own. He wasn’t protected either. 

Of course, it was Reid he chest bumped in the locker room. 

10 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Those are not plays you avoid contact on.  Based on reading back through the discussion, I want to see a play that he is running right into contact.  There is nothing like that on the video.

Here is an example of him avoiding contact because Taylor was going to destroy him.  Now show me him making a catch with this type of collision about to happen.

Yes everybody has seen the play above where mcnabb throws Pinkston a hospital ball and he makes a business decision, I even mentioned it a few posts before and it's sad that's all people remember of Pinkston.

Why would you want to see play of Pinkston running head on into contact, offensive players are taught to avoid getting tackled.

Having said that go find a clip of say where Pinkston caught one of those stupid stop passes Reid used to toss him where he gets the ball at the LOS then get easily pushed out if bounds after a 5 yard gain. Plenty of those he was going head on with a corner straight at them, 5 yard gains on quick stop patterns don't normally make highlight reels though, even then if you are expecting you 170lb WR to truck people that's on you, adjust your unrealistic expectations.

Pinky aint trucking no one, either is smith Desean Glew harrison or any other slight WR.

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Defensive Back from Hawaii

I don’t believe you. 

Archived