EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

35 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Yikes. 

Trade them Matt Pryor for Royce Freeman straight up!

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Nfl teams want camp  , players union doesn’t want camp , so this is on the players 

Just wait.  The twitter keyboard warriors are going to do everything in their power to make James look like a victim here if they don't pay him.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Farris To Participate In NFLPA Collegiate Bowl - University of Hawai'i at  Manoa Athletics

Key and Peele skit 

So I keep hearing from Tate and eagles media folk that Gainwell will boost the eagles return game, even though as far as I can tell he never returned any kicks or punts in college so what gives???

I imagine Reagor will get more PR opportunities not sure who KR will be.

Huntley, Gainwell, some scrub???

Donnie played like absolute crap in that Super Bowl.  But holy hell could he throw a deep pass.  He made Pinky and Lewis look like studs on their big catches. 

33 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Zach Ertz...

He said first contact.........not "no" contact.  

38 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I'm sure its a standard contract thing to protect teams from player stupidity. 

I don't feel too much remorse for him.  If my contract terms were structured this way, I would hire armed guards to make sure I don't take a breath outside of the team facilities (at least while working out).  

5 minutes ago, hukdonfoniks said:

Donnie played like absolute crap in that Super Bowl.  But holy hell could he throw a deep pass.  He made Pinky and Lewis look like studs on their big catches. 

The way his career ended, the drunk driving and d-bagginess of him make it easy to forget how good Donovan was in his prime.  Even with the worm burners I'd love to have a quarterback with his talent again.

1 hour ago, Utebird said:

Here's more than a couple plays of Pinkston not avoiding contact when he sees it coming.

Share the time stamps, because I really had a hard time seeing them.   I also saw a lot of the same highlights from multiple angles, not a lot of highlights... 

Between Rojesterman Farris, Jake Funk, and Cameron Cheeseman, not sure which one I'd bet on for the name HOF

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Players might want to rethink boycotting OTA's to do their own workouts

Union is giving great advice.

I don’t care that the Astros cheated, still rooting for them over the Yankees 

52 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Live by the sword, die by the sword.  Players want to avoid team workouts and practices, then they are rightfully exposed when they get hurt on their own time.  

And the fault lies with the Union, who is supposedly going to look out for their best interests.

3 minutes ago, Mrkingofspades said:

Between Rojesterman Farris, Jake Funk, and Cameron Cheeseman, not sure which one I'd bet on for the name HOF

Just like the Eagles screwing up and not signing Brennan Eagles, the Packers blew it with Cheeseman 

5 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Share the time stamps, because I really had a hard time seeing them.   I also saw a lot of the same highlights from multiple angles, not a lot of highlights... 

If you are looking for Pinkston to truck some one you will be disappointed, adjust your expectations 

You said Pinkston always shied away from contact.

Plenty of lights in the video where he's obviously contacted by defenders.

Never said Pinkston bad a lot of highlights he was average at best and only played 5 season yet despite him sucking notice on the cups he did make a play around defenders and got tackled his 170 pound frame didn't break in half.

Smith will be fine he's shown to be tougher on tape than Pinkston was 

40 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Second player leaning into the Meek Mill angle and I am here for it. I will NEVER forget watching this live. 

giphy-downsized.gif

47 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Guess you missed the one where he breaks out of a tackle of two defenders, or the one where he stiff arms a dude to the ground, I mean what are you expecting???, you think there are highlights of 175  pound receivers trucking dudes like earl campbell?

Heck I've seen WRs with 20 more pounds go down on first contact 

If eagles fans were expecting Pinkston to be the christian Okoye of WRs than that's their fault for having unrealistic expectations 

If anyone expects Smith to truck any one adjust your expectations accordingly.

I expected him to not get thrown around like a rag doll by Ricky Manning Jr.  

Who?   

Yeah... Ricky Manning Jr. Dude was a 5'9" CB... but at 195 lbs, he took Pinkston's lunch money, took his Trapper Keeper and made him eat it.

1 minute ago, DEagle7 said:

Second player leaning into the Meek Mill angle and I am here for it. I will NEVER forget watching this live. 

giphy-downsized.gif

If anything the Eagles can bring Clement back to the organization as a hype man!  That team was not losing.

49 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Were Andre Dillard and Timmy Jernigan’s injuries at the facility, or away from?  I don’t recall

Jernigan was away, I believe.   Dillard was at TC.

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

I expected him to not get thrown around like a rag doll by Ricky Manning Jr.  

Who?   

Yeah... Ricky Manning Jr. Dude was a 5'9" CB... but at 195 lbs, he took Pinkston's lunch money, took his Trapper Keeper and made him eat it.

Yup he did, opposite corner did the same thing to thrash.

Coincidentally that game got so many complaints as did the AFCCG where the Pats corners mugged the receivers all game that that off season the league changed the co tact to within 5 yards rule eventually leading to the contactless league we have today.

Thank ricky manning jr and the Panthers daring the refs to call PI every snap 

Archived