EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

6 hours ago, Bacarty2 said:

this isnt the question at hand. 

It's which would you rather prefer going into a HC gig. 

Job 1) No cap space. A GM who looks like he's losing his mind. terrible draft picks currently on the roster and a guy who was slated to be a good back up 12 months ago is being forced to be a franchise QB. 

OR

Job 2) Ton of cap room. Ton of power. Good rookies on contract. the QB of your choosing. 

The only way you still think it's the Eagles your a homer/hoagie mouth

Probably Job 2.

Then I find out it's the Jets, Bengals or Jags and I say No Thanks.  I'll coach the Eagles instead.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, bpac55 said:

I said it in a long post yesterday but the Eagles have dug themselves a hole at TE.  We very well could go from having Ertz and Goedert to neither of them next year with no one waiting in the wings to take over.  I feel this was a solid tight end draft class in the first 4 rounds.  I think the Jets got an absolute steal by getting Kenny Yeboah as an UDFA.  I thought he was a fringe 3rd-4th round player, a poor mans Kyle Pitts.

Just because of the market, Goedert is going to get over $10 million/year and I'm sure he's looking for the $12-$12 million/year range.  I have a hard time paying him that money but they almost have to because they have nothing.  Sorry, I'm not counting on Tyree Jackson or Hakeem Butler to break out....although I would love Jackson to be the next Logan Thomas.

Look at this 2022 Tight End free agent class.  HOLY STACKED.  Goedert would be silly to sign any extension with the Eagles before free agency.  The market for tight ends next spring is going to be sky high.  These guys are going to get PAID.

Mark Andrews, Dallas Goedert, Mike Gesicki, David Njoku, OJ Howard, Hayden Hurst, Evan Ingram, Gerald Everett.  Those are just the young guys under 28.  You then have Ertz (32), Gronk (33) and even Jimmy Graham (36) who could still command high end contracts.

Do you know anything about supply and demand? 8th grade economics. You defeated your argument within your post. Well done

13 minutes ago, Vortex said:

Do you know anything about supply and demand? 8th grade economics. You defeated your argument within your post. Well done

The NFL doesn't work like 8th grade economics unfortunately but appreciate the snark.  The real world doesn't operate under salary caps and franchise tags.  The reality is half of those guys won't see the open market, however one of them will set the market.  The 2021 Tight End franchise tender was $9.6 million.  

I'm guessing Mark Andrews or Mike Gesicki are the first to re-up with their teams.  Both have proven to be great for their respective young quarterbacks. Statistically speaking, Andrews is on par with Hunter Henry.  Henry just signed a 3 year deal for $37.5 million.  $10 million is the floor for the 2022 TE class.

Receiving
Rk Player From To AV G Rec Yds TD Y/R Lng
1 Mark Andrews 2018 2020 24 45 156 2105 20 13.5 74
2 Hunter Henry 2016 2020 19 55 196 2322 21 11.8 59
    Receiving
Rk Player From To AV G Rec Yds TD Y/R Lng
1 Mark Andrews 2018 2020 24 45 156 2105 20 13.5 74
2 Dallas Goedert 2018 2020 10 42 137 1465 12 10.7 41

It's going to be interesting to see how it all plays out.  I'm sticking to my guns in thinking the Eagles misplayed the entire TE situation.

3 hours ago, Know Life said:

:offtopic:

I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share.

Carry on.

Found your 52 lbs. Want them back?

58 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

I lost 58 pounds after the Eagles won the Super Bowl. Took me from February til December. Kept most of it off for about a  year and a half. Then the pandemic hit and I gained it all back. Who knew that sitting on the couch and eating candy almost non-stop for the better part of a year could somehow affect your weight?

Anyway, since mid March, I'm down about 18 pounds. Still looking to drop the other 40. I doubt I'll get it all off by Christmas this time around, but 25 by then seems doable. The key is changing your mindset. You really have to commit to it mentally. And there's a cool aspect of dieting that is helpful. And that is that after about three weeks, your body no longer craves the late night snacks. You look at bags of candy in the house and it doesn't even entice you. 

Devin Booker 6-6 from three in the first quarter. Unreal. 

6 minutes ago, blindside said:

Devin Booker 6-6 from three in the first quarter. Unreal. 

There would be nothing better than LeBron's first round exit. 

Watched Andre Dillard's PC earlier. He's listening to the right advice. Looks good, comes across more humble than ever (previous PCs he came off very entitled), says the right things. Maybe Brooks got in his ear.

6 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I remember a horrific night when they did.

image.gif.3f8c519d512d33039b1ee8985e4e57e1.gif

1 hour ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I lost 58 pounds after the Eagles won the Super Bowl. Took me from February til December. Kept most of it off for about a  year and a half. Then the pandemic hit and I gained it all back. Who knew that sitting on the couch and eating candy almost non-stop for the better part of a year could somehow affect your weight?

Anyway, since mid March, I'm down about 18 pounds. Still looking to drop the other 40. I doubt I'll get it all off by Christmas this time around, but 25 by then seems doable. The key is changing your mindset. You really have to commit to it mentally. And there's a cool aspect of dieting that is helpful. And that is that after about three weeks, your body no longer craves the late night snacks. You look at bags of candy in the house and it doesn't even entice you. 

At least you have motivation to lose the weight. Legitimately i go to the gym and lift but I’ve just accepted that I am just going to be heavier then i should.  

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

If the Lakers get knocked out of the playoffs we’re all gonna miss out on the chance to hear LeBron reciting his greatest hits after a Finals win:

”Me-Me-I-Me-I-Me-Me-Me-I-I-Me”

3 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

You got your wish.

Personally I dont hate Lebron but I hate the Lakers.  Glad they're gone. Their fanbase is like the Cowboys of the NBA.

8 hours ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

May I ask what was the driving force? 

I’m starting a health coaching gig so I’d love to hear what motivated you and what you did? Thanks and great job! 

Thank you!

I suppose it was the fact that I’m pushing 40 and felt like I was running out of time to make a change. Sadly, I’ve been overweight/obese for most of my life. I’ve tried dieting before, with some success, but could never keep the weight off.

Then, in 2013, I witnessed my mother die from an overdose. A year later, I was diagnosed with PTSD. Two and a half years later, my father died from a heart attack. In 2019, I lost my brother. During all of that time, I had gained a significant amount of weight. Some people lose their appetite when grieving, but I turned to food as a comfort.

But in late March of this year, something just clicked. I woke up and decided I was going to make a change. I chose to start on February 1st.

I started with a simple calorie deficit, along with eliminating sugar. I had started to drink coffee a few months prior, so I was sad about giving that up so soon. I lost 13lbs in about two weeks doing that.

Over the next three and a half months, I lost roughly 35lbs. It probably would have been more, but I allowed myself some cheat days.

Then, on May 16th, I started doing keto. I had read about it during the months prior and thought I’d give it a shot since I had been limiting my carbs anyway. And since starting, I’ve lost an additional 17lbs. Not to mention, I feel great (aside from some back pain that I had before starting my journey).

I hope this helps you. I know I probably gave you way more information than you wanted, and I apologize for taking up so much space here, but maybe my story will inspire someone.

I hope it does. 

If anyone else has any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out.

5 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Nah, you can toss them in the Schuylkill.

12 hours ago, justrelax said:

Not our choice to make.

C'mon man

12 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Tons of water too, right?

Always!

8 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Keep at it.

4 hours ago, WentzFan11 said:

Makes two of us. 

Cheers to the "Sons of Stoutland".

For the guys who were just talking about weight loss....Have you ever tried intermittent fasting?  It sounds crazy at first and you have to build up to it but you can start with a 12 hour fast, then move to 14, then 16-18, and it really can be life changing.  It removes all your sugar and carb cravings after a couple weeks.  You drink water and black tea or coffee during that time and then eat in your 6-8 hour eating window.  Just doing that and and not over-eating can help with serious weight loss.  It is mental challenging when you start but then becomes second nature after a while.

Quick, no cheating, name the Eagles punter.

I know there's time but we haven't heard a thing about this guy.  Is he a lock?  Possibility they bring in competition for TC?  We've been set at punter for years and to have a complete unknown is something we haven't had for a while.  Assuming he's going to be the PAT/FG holder as well so the hope is whatever his name happens to be is steady and good to go.

6 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

For the guys who were just talking about weight loss....Have you ever tried intermittent fasting?  It sounds crazy at first and you have to build up to it but you can start with a 12 hour fast, then move to 14, then 16-18, and it really can be life changing.  It removes all your sugar and carb cravings after a couple weeks.  You drink water and black tea or coffee during that time and then eat in your 6-8 hour eating window.  Just doing that and and not over-eating can help with serious weight loss.  It is mental challenging when you start but then becomes second nature after a while.

I have been contemplating this but I really hate missing breakfast. Not to say that I'm not in good shape (I run and do long bike rides and such) but I am heavy for my height.

Just cut out sugars/carbs , bread , pasta , alcohol etc , and don’t be stationary , I do a combo of walking and biking of minimal 6 miles per day . It’s actually rather easy to stay trim by doing these things .

all about discipline 

Archived