1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Apparently everyone in here is a giant 

I confess to being tall.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Apparently everyone in here is a giant 

I am very small lol 5'7 and I usually hover around 150-155 unless I'm working out a lot. Most I've ever weighed was only 165

16 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Do you consider 6'2" a "giant"?  

up until 15ish minutes ago that was the smallest person

1 hour ago, justrelax said:

Right. I too have a preference but I’ll keep it to myself.

There has to be teams ,loyalties, we must start fights over it. It needs to be the next Wentz/Hurts debate!!!!! I'm team Dillard baby!!!!!!

Just now, greend said:

There has to be teams ,loyalties, we must start fights over it. It needs to be the next Wentz/Hurts debate!!!!! I'm team Dillard baby!!!!!!

You Dillard Dullard

16 hours ago, Know Life said:

Thanks, man! I started out doing a simple calorie deficit (along with giving up sugar) and walking, but two and a half weeks ago I decided to give keto a try. I know it’s not for everyone but I’ve been pleased with the results so far.

Good stuff, congratulations! My thoughts are giving up sugar or doing keto are both unnecessary. Just maintaining a calorie deficit along with exercising can get you to any weight you want to be

19 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

You Dillard Dullard

Dillard Dullards and Mailata Milkers

3 hours ago, Khani1 said:

For the guys who were just talking about weight loss....Have you ever tried intermittent fasting?  It sounds crazy at first and you have to build up to it but you can start with a 12 hour fast, then move to 14, then 16-18, and it really can be life changing.  It removes all your sugar and carb cravings after a couple weeks.  You drink water and black tea or coffee during that time and then eat in your 6-8 hour eating window.  Just doing that and and not over-eating can help with serious weight loss.  It is mental challenging when you start but then becomes second nature after a while.

Tried it, hated it and gained weight doing it.   No thanks.   I find eating throughout the day, but limiting what I stick in my pie hole to be a far more sensible method.  If it works for you, I'm glad for you.  But I found it extremely limiting, forced me to stare at a clock to find out when I was 'allowed' to eat and when I wasn't.  I also found that I was extremely irritable and frankly, if what I am doing to improve my health has a major negative impact on my mood and negatively impacts those around me, it's likely not a good move... both in the short term and the long term.

3 hours ago, greend said:

I have been contemplating this but I really hate missing breakfast. Not to say that I'm not in good shape (I run and do long bike rides and such) but I am heavy for my height.

I would recommend against it, and recommend in place of that, going with a very healthy breakfast instead.   I eat about a cup of rolled oats, cooked in a cup of skim milk with about a half cup up to a full cup of blueberries every day.  Roughly 250-300 calories.    And, being significantly over 6 feet tall, I get a significant amount of calories to eat per day, so that accounts for roughly 1/6th of my daily allotment.  (I eat between 1500 - 2400 calories per day, but normally stick to the 1800-2100 range.  That puts me in a calorie deficit for the day, and has led to a weight loss of roughly 2 lbs per week over the past 3 months.   I did also increase my exercise... mostly just increased walking, etc.)

2 hours ago, justrelax said:

Right. I too have a preference but I’ll keep it to myself.

That sounds like a great position to take on a 'discussion' board.  Great bit of irony not to discuss football items on a football discussion board.   Maybe you are not in the right place. 

Intermittent fasting is completely unnecessary and not magical. Exercise and be in a deficit. That's it. Anything that helps you lose weight is simply following those two rules

14 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Tried it, hated it and gained weight doing it.   No thanks.   I find eating throughout the day, but limiting what I stick in my pie hole to be a far more sensible method.  If it works for you, I'm glad for you.  But I found it extremely limiting, forced me to stare at a clock to find out when I was 'allowed' to eat and when I wasn't.  I also found that I was extremely irritable and frankly, if what I am doing to improve my health has a major negative impact on my mood and negatively impacts those around me, it's likely not a good move... both in the short term and the long term.

No offense but you sound super weak.  Of course it is a struggle for the first couple weeks.  You have to reprogram your brain and fight through the food cravings for the first 2-3 weeks.  It takes about 3-4 weeks to get fat adapted and then you shred weight like crazy.  It isn't for everyone like you said.  You have to build up to it.  I have done 10 or  so 24 hours fast and 3 fasts that were 48 hours.  You need the will power though.  Most of the time when people think they are hungry, they really aren't.  It is just a habit and people eat out of boredom.  

4 minutes ago, mattmcginley7 said:

Intermittent fasting is completely unnecessary and not magical. Exercise and be in a deficit. That's it. Anything that helps you lose weight is simply following those two rules

I think the key is to have your shirt off when you work out with your boys.

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Do you consider 6'2" a "giant"?  

he does

AUSTIN-POWERS-GOLDMEMBER-Jail-Scene-Dr.-Evil-Ft.-Mini-Me-Hard-Knock-Life-GIF.gif

Guest justrelax
9 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

That sounds like a great position to take on a 'discussion' board.  Great bit of irony not to discuss football items on a football discussion board.   Maybe you are not in the right place. 

It's not that. I just don't want to re-enter the cycle of trashing one guy to the exclusion of all else. I tire of the agenda-grinding. I have been accused recently of being a self-styled expert on the OL, something I have never claimed. It was just another ad hominem remark that I find distasteful, an insult rather than a counter-argument to a voiced opinion.

If it makes you happy, I will say that I believe the Eagles would prefer that Dillard wins the job, not because it would make the pick more palatable but because in the not-too-distant future they would like to have bookend tackles for an extended period.

1 minute ago, Khani1 said:

No offense but you sound super weak.  Of course it is a struggle for the first couple weeks.  You have to reprogram your brain and fight through the food cravings for the first 2-3 weeks.  It takes about 3-4 weeks to get fat adapted and then you shred weight like crazy.  It isn't for everyone like you said.  You have to build up to it.  I have done 10 or  so 24 hours fast and 3 fasts that were 48 hours.  You need the will power though.  Most of the time when people think they are hungry, they really aren't.  It is just a habit and people eat out of boredom.  

:nonono:  Sad.   I guess losing 35 lbs in 3 months wasn't the important part, but the important part was that I didn't do it your way... so that makes me weak.

Intermittent fasting 16 hours off, 8 hours on, consistently works great. I eat what I want in those 8 hours and still do some cardio. You can easily lose weight this way.  

2 minutes ago, justrelax said:

It's not that. I just don't want to re-enter the cycle of trashing one guy to the exclusion of all else. I tire of the agenda-grinding. I have been accused recently of being a self-styled expert on the OL, something I have never claimed. It was just another ad hominem remark that I find distasteful, an insult rather than a counter-argument to a voiced opinion.

If it makes you happy, I will say that I believe the Eagles would prefer that Dillard wins the job, not because it would make the pick more palatable but because in the not-too-distant future they would like to have bookend tackles for an extended period.

Then that should be where you focus the discussion.   You don't have to be on 'team-Dillard' or 'team-Mailata' or whatever else.  That's ludicrous, just as it was with Wentz/Foles, Wentz/Hurts, etc.   

I also agree, there is far too much insulting rather than sharing of opinions... look at the post I just responded to.   But, I think it is more important to discuss the issues, and individual viewpoints on it, and deal with that other nonsense.  

I agree with you, Dillard being the long-term answer at LT seems to be the 'best' outcome, as Mailata has already proven that he can play both sides (though still has plenty of room for improvement), and means a smaller shuffle if an injury takes place with him as the OT3.  And then could slide into RT when the time to move on from Lane comes.  

Id really like to comment on this healthy eating and diet stuff but I decided with my wife about 2 weeks ago that I would stop being so anal about what I eat.

If one looks hard enough one can find fault in basically everything available to us to eat.

Brown rice is supposed to be lower on the glycemic Index than white rice but brown rice has arsenic in it 

Dairy milk causes inflammation and is fatty yet most alternative milks like nut milks are full of fillers and in the case of soy milk are estrogenic.

Wheat bread has more fiber and is supposed to be healthier yet white bread is far easier to digest and causes less inflammation but raises blood sugar.🤔

Oranges are high in vit C also high in phosphorus which is bad for kidneys.

Spinach is a super food with lots of vitamins and iron but also high in oxalate acids which prevents calcium from being absorbed.

Wine of course has reservatrol in it which is found in red grapes which is good for heart but alcohol damages the liver.

Eggs are a super food and best source of protein from a natural food source as 53% is utilized by the body, eggs also are high in phosphorus and doctors go back and forth how much they increase bad cholesterol.

Then there's the debate about nightshades.

Tomatoes for instance are good for ones prostate, yet as a nightshade can cause inflammation, same goes with red bell peppers which are a super food but also a nightshade.

Onions and garlic are super foods and anti oxidents yet for a lot of people like my mom and mother in law they cause digestive issues and inflammation.

Some people cut out pasta because it's a carb and carbs are stored as sugars, yet some of the healthiest people in the planet come from the Mediterranean where they eat pasta every day.

I've gotten to the point where I've been paralyzed by eating and it's negatively affected my health due to stress.

I try to eat vegetables and fruit daily and limit my refined sugar and processed food In take but I really like sweets, candy, ice cream, doughnuts, cake, all that yummy stuff and I need to do better limiting that stuff but not to the point where I'm stressed out so much that I'm making my self sick worrying about every little thing I eat.

My big thing is I want food that's supposed to be healthy for me actually be healthy, I dont like pretenders and the more one looks Into any food one can find the negatives in any so it can be tough weighing the benefits and negatives especially with food science and the way our food is made grown processed changing all the time 

4 hours ago, Original Sin said:

Just cut out sugars/carbs , bread , pasta , alcohol etc , and don’t be stationary , I do a combo of walking and biking of minimal 6 miles per day . It’s actually rather easy to stay trim by doing these things .

all about discipline 

Agreed.  Fewer carbs and more activity have always worked for me.

Unfortunately, bad habits and stress drive me in the other direction.

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Caption this. 

"Whoa!  Didn't you get the message from Howie?"

Archived