EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

11 minutes ago, greend said:

I have been contemplating this but I really hate missing breakfast. Not to say that I'm not in good shape (I run and do long bike rides and such) but I am heavy for my height.

You get use to it pretty easily, especially if you drink coffee.  You can start off by waking up, having water and coffee.  Then 3 hours later, have another coffee.  Next thing you know, its time to eat.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest justrelax
3 hours ago, greend said:

C'mon man

Do I want you, or me for that matter, making the decision, or do I want Stoutland?

5 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Just cut out sugars/carbs , bread , pasta , alcohol etc , and don’t be stationary , I do a combo of walking and biking of minimal 6 miles per day . It’s actually rather easy to stay trim by doing these things .

all about discipline 

So basically cut out all the fun in your life.  No thanks.

1 minute ago, Khani1 said:

Those things will  kill you slowly , that is not fun to me , it’s like playing in traffic , why take unnecessary risk ?

5 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Those things will  kill you slowly , that is not fun to me , it’s like playing in traffic , why take unnecessary risk ?

Not if you have them in moderation and still exercise.

So smoke in moderation? 
if it’s harmful , it’s harmful , moderation or not 

14 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Do I want you, or me for that matter, making the decision, or do I want Stoutland?

Dude, you're being a bit over the top here. Neither of us have a say so there's that, but I can root for who I want to win the positions....................right?

30 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Quick, no cheating, name the Eagles punter.

I know there's time but we haven't heard a thing about this guy.  Is he a lock?  Possibility they bring in competition for TC?  We've been set at punter for years and to have a complete unknown is something we haven't had for a while.  Assuming he's going to be the PAT/FG holder as well so the hope is whatever his name happens to be is steady and good to go.

Siposs.  I really wanted them to sign James Smith but he went to the Titans. Siposs is older but like Johnston, came from Australian Rules Football.  He. Was so/so at Auburn.  Strong leg but not great height and hang time. Average ball placement.  Really hoped an UDFA would be challenging him. 

3 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Siposs.  I really wanted them to sign James Smith but he went to the Titans. Siposs is older but like Johnston, came from Australian Rules Football.  He. Was so/so at Auburn.  Strong leg but not great height and hang time. Average ball placement.  Really hoped an UDFA would be challenging him. 

Are you comfortable if he's the guy?  I'm thinking back to Sav Rocca as maybe the last unknown we had but it always seemed we at least had a 2nd leg in camp to push for the job.

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

Are you comfortable if he's the guy?  I'm thinking back to Sav Rocca as maybe the last unknown we had but it always seemed we at least had a 2nd leg in camp to push for the job.

Not at all.  Out of football last year.  Needs competition. 

Guest justrelax
24 minutes ago, greend said:

Dude, you're being a bit over the top here. Neither of us have a say so there's that, but I can root for who I want to win the positions....................right?

Right. I too have a preference but I’ll keep it to myself.

Guest justrelax
4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

If you are good with your weight and health, then the best diet there is, is EVERYTHING in moderation and exercise.  I work in an industry that supplies food for foodservice and included in that is school nutrition.  That's where the over-reaching government has failed the kids.  Instead of ensuring proper exercise and requiring a minimum of level physical fitness.  My daughter graduated HS a few years ago.  She would have gym maybe 3 times a week.  And in some instances, not for a whole marking period.  They have butchered the school nutritional requirements and have driven kids away from participating in school lunch programs.  If a kid has Gym EVERYDAY and eats real pizza and regular chocolate milk for lunch, then they will be fine.  But instead they reduced the physical activity and butchered the food program.  So instead of real food they get whole grain pizza and skim milk.  So what do you think those lazy out of shape kids do when they get home after eating that whole grain food at school?  They go home and load up on the crap that kids like and play with their phones.  Promoting activity and all foods with moderation is the way to go.  They are afraid of making a kid do a push up so the way they handle that is force them to eat something they don't want.  

Now, as an older male.  I obviously struggle with moderation.....LOL.   Wings, fried chicken, Reese's cups and coffee to say the least.  

They’re not afraid; they just don’t have the money.

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

If you are good with your weight and health, then the best diet there is, is EVERYTHING in moderation and exercise.  I work in an industry that supplies food for foodservice and included in that is school nutrition.  That's where the over-reaching government has failed the kids.  Instead of ensuring proper exercise and requiring a minimum of level physical fitness.  My daughter graduated HS a few years ago.  She would have gym maybe 3 times a week.  And in some instances, not for a whole marking period.  They have butchered the school nutritional requirements and have driven kids away from participating in school lunch programs.  If a kid has Gym EVERYDAY and eats real pizza and regular chocolate milk for lunch, then they will be fine.  But instead they reduced the physical activity and butchered the food program.  So instead of real food they get whole grain pizza and skim milk.  So what do you think those lazy out of shape kids do when they get home after eating that whole grain food at school?  They go home and load up on the crap that kids like and play with their phones.  Promoting activity and all foods with moderation is the way to go.  They are afraid of making a kid do a push up so the way they handle that is force them to eat something they don't want.  

Now, as an older male.  I obviously struggle with moderation.....LOL.   Wings, fried chicken, Reese's cups and coffee to say the least.  

What's the point in living until 80-90 if your life wasn't fun?  You need balance.  And it should be illegal to watch the Eagles without an alcohol beverage 😆

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

If a kid has Gym EVERYDAY and eats real pizza and regular chocolate milk for lunch, then they will be fine.  But instead they reduced the physical activity and butchered the food program.  So instead of real food they get whole grain pizza and skim milk

It’s hard for me to remember all the way back to school days, but IIRC we had Gym 3 days per week, and my friends and I played football over lunch hour every single day.  In the winter months it was floor hockey or basketball, or even badminton in Gym class.  As a teenager we were playing one sport or another every single day.  Wish I’d have counted my steps back then.

Of course, there was no nutritional program at school when I went; we ate whatever we (or our parents) packed us for lunch.  Typically I lived on two sandwiches, a piece of fruit, and water.

@HazletonEagle and I had discussed this earlier, but I got too busy with work and a new, first kid to follow through.  We should have a blog fitness competition.  I think there should be teams, not an individual pissing contest.  Some sort of handicap system based on age and current weight to try to make everyone equally competitive.  

Honors system is probably fine; no one ever lied or embellished on a message board.  Plus there’s that overused cliche "you’re only cheating yourself.”

I’m 35, 6’4”, usually live at 200lbs, but swelled to 235 during pandemic.  Then I noticed I don’t fit into my suits anymore when it came time to stop wearing scrubs 100% of the time.  Need to drop 35.  

1 hour ago, Original Sin said:

Just cut out sugars/carbs , bread , pasta , alcohol etc , and don’t be stationary , I do a combo of walking and biking of minimal 6 miles per day . It’s actually rather easy to stay trim by doing these things .

all about discipline 

You lost me there.

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

Quick, no cheating, name the Eagles punter.

I know there's time but we haven't heard a thing about this guy.  Is he a lock?  Possibility they bring in competition for TC?  We've been set at punter for years and to have a complete unknown is something we haven't had for a while.  Assuming he's going to be the PAT/FG holder as well so the hope is whatever his name happens to be is steady and good to go.

I think he's just a placeholder (in addition to being the actual holder!) on the roster until they sign a veteran. I'd be surprised if they go with a 28-year old rookie who's never played in the league before.

He'll get a fair shot though so I suppose he could legit win the job.

I would also say that Cameron Johnston was kind of an unknown originally.

1 hour ago, Khani1 said:

Yeah this is exactly why people fail. It’s assumed you have to be miserable to be healthy when that’s not the case at all. 

Like someone said, it’s all about changing your mindset but a cheat day here and there or a couple beers at the game isn’t the end of the world. 

1 hour ago, Khani1 said:

For the guys who were just talking about weight loss....Have you ever tried intermittent fasting?  It sounds crazy at first and you have to build up to it but you can start with a 12 hour fast, then move to 14, then 16-18, and it really can be life changing.  It removes all your sugar and carb cravings after a couple weeks.  You drink water and black tea or coffee during that time and then eat in your 6-8 hour eating window.  Just doing that and and not over-eating can help with serious weight loss.  It is mental challenging when you start but then becomes second nature after a while.

I've been doing IF since corona started, 12-8 eating window. I love it because I basically eat whatever I want in that 8 hours, I don't over eat but I don't count macros or anything. That'll change eventually when I choose to start bulking but I don't have the motivation to do so currently.

35 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

What's the point in living until 80-90 if your life wasn't fun?  You need balance.  And it should be illegal to watch the Eagles without an alcohol beverage 😆

I guess I've been a criminal my entire life. I've never had a drink of alcohol during an Eagles game.

Just now, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I guess I've been a criminal my entire life. I've never had a drink of alcohol during an Eagles game.

You're fired.

25 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

@HazletonEagle and I had discussed this earlier, but I got too busy with work and a new, first kid to follow through.  We should have a blog fitness competition.  I think there should be teams, not an individual pissing contest.  Some sort of handicap system based on age and current weight to try to make everyone equally competitive.  

Honors system is probably fine; no one ever lied or embellished on a message board.  Plus there’s that overused cliche "you’re only cheating yourself.”

I’m 35, 6’4”, usually live at 200lbs, but swelled to 235 during pandemic.  Then I noticed I don’t fit into my suits anymore when it came time to stop wearing scrubs 100% of the time.  Need to drop 35.  

I’m already in the best shape of my life. Put on 20 pounds of muscle. 

Guest justrelax
22 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I'm in my 70s, 6'5", 225, down from a peak of 246. I have an artificial hip, two bad knees, neuropathy in my feet. I've torn both Achilles tendons. I walk with a cane. I work out twice a week with a trainer, swim laps twice a week and do four 5-minute sessions a day on our stationary bike. Walking and running are out of the question. I had Covid-19 a year ago that has diminished me. Most nights I'll have an Absolut martini before dinner and a glass or two of wine with dinner. My life is pretty great.

Archived