**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

2 hours ago, Gannan said:

Dude it can take well over an hour to get out of that place. The sports complex isn't nearly the paradise you're making it out to be. 

Not for a sixers game. Birds game sure. It’s hell. But there’s also like 100k people.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Im ready for a phase 2 of free agency. It seems like the entire league has been quiet this whole summer. Theres a bunch of good players still unsigned. Headlined by Sexton at this point. But you have a bench scorer in Schroder.

Sixers can get more shooting with Monk or Lamb

Backup bigs headlined by Whiteside, but you still have Morris who wants to come here. Paschal. And even Hollywood Hernangomez.

Wonder if its almost time where we can land any of these guys for the minimum.

I’d be happy with Morris. This team has lacked toughness. Adding Morris along with Tucker would solve that. 

I'm sure by the time this arena is built the sixers will have stopped being relevant again and no one will want to go to the games anyway :lol: 

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

tuDfjF8.jpg

Boston gives Robert Williams, Jalen Brown, 3 1sts for KD. Boston becomes the Hands on favorite to win the title the next 4 years. Tatum not having to be the #1 will do wonders for his career, he looked way over his head in the finals.

Nets turn around and package those picks with theirs for 6 total 1st rounders to Utah with some salary swap to get Donovan Mitchell. We know Danny Ainge wants picks for him over anything else.

The money works. Convince Kyrie to stay and sign an extension by showing him the monster lineup you’ve made and that he’s the bona fide #1 option on a genuinecontender.

Kyrie-Donovan-Brown-Simmon-Williams

Best defensive front court in the league, 3 dominant scoring options, Simmons can be the point forward a la Draymond Green and not need to be a scorer with this lineup, and Seth Curry could be 6th man of the year

• Like 1

That's the best deal for the Nets I've seen and probably the best one they're going to get. 

23 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Lol if Boston doesn’t make this trade i can’t imagine brown being thrilled to once again be put on the block. Seems like he’s already irritated  

Just saying brown is a free agent at the end of the 23-24 season. He could walk if he gets irritated enough with Boston. Harris and potentially harden off the books that offseason. Could potentially have a trio of embiid, brown and maxey if things fell into place 

I'm not convinced that Embiid won't be starting the downside of his career by the 24/25 season. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Gannan said:

That's the best deal for the Nets I've seen and probably the best one they're going to get. 

That’s not how the do trades though.  Just so you know. 

32 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

That’s not how the do trades though.  Just so you know. 

0DA92E14-B3A8-4298-8673-3E8AEA002F54.gif.77585c4b421dbfff961081fc6d83c858.gif

• Haha 1

No fat offseason Harden yet....

Someone on Twitter called him Slimbo Slice :roll:

• Haha 4

Pelicans can get some money back if Zion's weight or BF% go over a certain amount.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/268113/Zion-Williamsons-Contract-Can-Be-Reduced-If-Weight-Body-Fat-Go-Over-Predetermined-Amount

and, 

LOL at Draymond Green

Draymond Green reportedly "wants" and believes he is deserving of a four-year max contract extension, sources told Anthony Slater and Marcus Thompson II of The Athletic.

Green will be eligible for the extension on August 3.

The forward, who will make $25.8 million next season, has a player option in 2023-24. Green could opt out and sign a four-year extension, which would be worth $138.4 million.

The Warriors currently have no plans to offer Green the max extension, according to reports. The Athletic adds that Steph Curry would be unhappy should the team lose Green because they did not want to pay him.

Green is willing to explore "outside options" to receive a deal closer to what he's looking for. 

Green would be 37 years old at the end of his desired extension. 

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

The Tucker contract was 100% tampering as obvious as can be. I hope Morey gets a legitimate punishment for it because he is an idiot. I hope it doesnt hurt the team badly, because the fans dont deserve to suffer more than our horrible GMs already make us.

On Harden, its really interesting that a few years ago the NBA changed rules to try to limit players switching teams. And yet, its also against the law to have future deals in place with your own players? Thats entirely counter-intuitive to the NBAs mission for stability of rosters. 

I expect something to come down on them for Tucker. If anything happens on the Harden situation Ill be very annoyed about that.

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

The Tucker contract was 100% tampering as obvious as can be. I hope Morey gets a legitimate punishment for it because he is an idiot. I hope it doesnt hurt the team badly, because the fans dont deserve to suffer more than our horrible GMs already make us.

On Harden, its really interesting that a few years ago the NBA changed rules to try to limit players switching teams. And yet, its also against the law to have future deals in place with your own players? Thats entirely counter-intuitive to the NBAs mission for stability of rosters. 

I expect something to come down on them for Tucker. If anything happens on the Harden situation Ill be very annoyed about that.

Ive been reading articles about they think Morey and Harden have a wink wink deal. Where Harden took the hit this year with it being understood that Harden will recoup what he gave up this year next year. 

So probably won't find out about harden till after this season, they think harden opts out then Morey gives him his max contract for helping them out this year. If that happens you guys can take your harden did a great thing and shove it. 

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Ive been reading articles about they think Morey and Harden have a wink wink deal. Where Harden took the hit this year with it being understood that Harden will recoup what he gave up this year next year. 

So probably won't find out about harden till after this season, they think harden opts out then Morey gives him his max contract for helping them out this year. If that happens you guys can take your harden did a great thing and shove it. 

That was always the case to happen if he plays better than he did this past year for the sixers and closer to what he once was. Hence the 1+1 contract set up. 

you think the Sixers are going to give him a max contract anyway if he looks the same as this year in 22-23 and he’s another year older?

I’d be willing to bet if he plays as poorly in the postseason next year and like he did during the regular season that the Sixers are not going to give him a max contract. and he’d be stupid to opt out of $36 million at that point cause it would be obvious he is just shot and older. 

it is OK to hate on James Harden for a lot of things. heck i do and I’m not a huge James harden fan since ASU. Imo he’s one of the most overrated players in nba history as he’s always come up short in the biggest moments. Also he could’ve been better if he actually took better care of himself.

But he could have said F the sixers. I want the $47 million, opted in and the sixers roster is basically what it was last year without tucker and house. If you don’t like those two guys fine. However the Sixers team is better today than it was last year because he decided to not opt into that contract regardless of what happens after this year. There’s no argument about that. If he miraculously returns to form it was a calculated gamble by him. However he still helped the sixers roster construction for this year. Cause without him willingly doing so, the sixers don’t have the roster they do. As much as i dislike harden he could’ve just pulled a lillard and took the most money and not cared and gambled that he would be better in 22-23 and pocketed $47 and then (in his mind) a potential Max next offseason  

that said I don’t know how they go after the sixers for tampering and not the Knicks. for weeks before the playoffs even ended was known they were going to go after Brunson. And put out there they were going to give him $100+ million. So i don’t know how the Knicks aren’t being investigated in all this either cause that has been reported during the playoffs before the finals  

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

you think the Sixers are going to give him a max contract anyway if he looks the same as this year in 22-23 and he’s another year older?

I put nothing past this organization and those 2 butt buddies. Either way harden is gonna get paid next year no matter what. He helped them out this year and I'm willing to bet Morey will get him paid one way or another next season to make up for this year. 

7 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I put nothing past this organization and those 2 butt buddies. Either way harden is gonna get paid next year no matter what. He helped them out this year and I'm willing to bet Morey will get him paid one way or another next season to make up for this year. 

i think the sixers are looking at it this way, if he returns to form they’d give him the money. I think that’s obvious. In fact i think they’d prefer this option 

However if he doesn’t and he doesn’t play well again ( if he gets even worse) I don’t see them paying him more money. I think part of their thinking is they’re trying to set themselves up if James Harden doesn’t return to form that the 2024 offseason they have Harris and harden contracts coming off the books (less likely but could use them as expiring contracts in a move). That’s a significant amount of cap space cleared after the 23-24 season to add to in his prime maxey and embiid likely on the verge of declining out of his prime. 

If harden plays better this year sixers are locked into a likely max. If he doesn’t then at the end of the 23-24 offseason they clear around 84 mil in cap space with kork, Harris, harden and melton off the books. 

.....Aaaaandddd the NBA is harassing the 76ers AGAIN. They are investigating tampering with Harden and damn near everyone else they got in FA. The NBA doesn't even try to hide their hatred for the 76er org. The 76ers should sue them for harassment. Adam Silver isn't even a human- he is an alien.... just look at him. A 76er hating alien. Go back to Uranus.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Talonblood said:

.....Aaaaandddd the NBA is harassing the 76ers AGAIN. They are investigating tampering with Harden and damn near everyone else they got in FA. The NBA doesn't even try to hide their hatred for the 76er org. The 76ers should sue them for harassment. Adam Silver isn't even a human- he is an alien.... just look at him. A 76er hating alien. Go back to Uranus.🤣

What? They clearly were tampering with Tucker before FA opened. 

4 hours ago, Talonblood said:

He looks more like Nosferatu.

All in all, I don’t think much happens with this investigation. Worst case scenario NBA takes away a future second round draft pick. Whatever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I thought I read a few weeks ago that the NBA would be investigating the Knicks for Brunson too.

Knicks deserve that, and 6ers deserve it for Tucker. But not for Harden.