Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

Featured Replies

10 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

you think the Sixers are going to give him a max contract anyway if he looks the same as this year in 22-23 and he’s another year older?

I put nothing past this organization and those 2 butt buddies. Either way harden is gonna get paid next year no matter what. He helped them out this year and I'm willing to bet Morey will get him paid one way or another next season to make up for this year. 

  • Replies 31.3k
  • Views 1.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I put nothing past this organization and those 2 butt buddies. Either way harden is gonna get paid next year no matter what. He helped them out this year and I'm willing to bet Morey will get him paid one way or another next season to make up for this year. 

 i think the sixers are looking at it this way, if he returns to form they’d give him the money. I think that’s obvious. In fact i think they’d prefer this option 

However if he doesn’t and he doesn’t play well again ( if he gets even worse) I don’t see them paying him more money. I think part of their thinking is they’re trying to set themselves up if James Harden doesn’t return to form that the 2024 offseason they have Harris and harden contracts coming off the books (less likely but could use them as expiring contracts in a move). That’s a significant amount of cap space cleared after the 23-24 season to add to in his prime maxey and embiid likely on the verge of declining out of his prime. 

If harden plays better this year sixers are locked into a likely max. If he doesn’t then at the end of the 23-24 offseason they clear around 84 mil in cap space with kork, Harris, harden and melton off the books. 

.....Aaaaandddd the NBA is harassing the 76ers AGAIN. They are investigating tampering with Harden and damn near everyone else they got in FA. The NBA doesn't even try to hide their hatred for the 76er org. The 76ers should sue them for harassment. Adam Silver isn't even a human- he is an alien.... just look at him. A 76er hating alien. Go back to Uranus.🤣

4 hours ago, Talonblood said:

.....Aaaaandddd the NBA is harassing the 76ers AGAIN. They are investigating tampering with Harden and damn near everyone else they got in FA. The NBA doesn't even try to hide their hatred for the 76er org. The 76ers should sue them for harassment. Adam Silver isn't even a human- he is an alien.... just look at him. A 76er hating alien. Go back to Uranus.🤣

What? They clearly were tampering with Tucker before FA opened. 

4 hours ago, Talonblood said:

.....Aaaaandddd the NBA is harassing the 76ers AGAIN. They are investigating tampering with Harden and damn near everyone else they got in FA. The NBA doesn't even try to hide their hatred for the 76er org. The 76ers should sue them for harassment. Adam Silver isn't even a human- he is an alien.... just look at him. A 76er hating alien. Go back to Uranus.🤣

He looks more like Nosferatu.

All in all, I don’t think much happens with this investigation. Worst case scenario NBA takes away a future second round draft pick. Whatever.

 

I thought I read a few weeks ago that the NBA would be investigating the Knicks for Brunson too.

Knicks deserve that, and 6ers deserve it for Tucker. But not for Harden.

16 hours ago, Talonblood said:

.....Aaaaandddd the NBA is harassing the 76ers AGAIN. They are investigating tampering with Harden and damn near everyone else they got in FA. The NBA doesn't even try to hide their hatred for the 76er org. The 76ers should sue them for harassment. Adam Silver isn't even a human- he is an alien.... just look at him. A 76er hating alien. Go back to Uranus.🤣

He’s just doing what Xi tells him to do.

On 7/30/2022 at 1:54 PM, HazletonEagle said:

I thought I read a few weeks ago that the NBA would be investigating the Knicks for Brunson too.

Knicks deserve that, and 6ers deserve it for Tucker. But not for Harden.

Frankly i think the whole tampering thing is stupid. Players around the league routinely discuss things and players coming to play together.  Draymond called KD right after they lost the finals to get KD to GS and that was 2 weeks before FA. The NBA is kind of a joke when it comes to tampering because literally every player does it every offseason or when the hangout together 

On 7/30/2022 at 4:26 PM, Dave Moss said:

 

I mean Leon Rose is his godfather and the GM of the Knicks so pretty much impossible to prove any tampering 

Not that a 12 hour bus ride to get to Philly from 1.5 hours away is a good idea, but here is one less option for people to travel to the arena. Bus station getting bought and relocated somewhere farther away rather than right across the street.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2022/08/02/sixers-proposal-for-new-arena-in-center-city-grows-larger-with-plans-to-acquire-greyhound-bus-terminal/?fbclid=IwAR3nJ8BmLCcuSTbjAO-opREM8nQnSuTrDYnhVeXTJl4Ilaxmg1LjFHMs28M

5 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

Looks like the Micic plan. Which was a missed opportunity also.

I would rather see petrusev play over here

54 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

I would rather see petrusev play over here

Without reading the article, my guess is they want him to play as many minutes so he can to continue to develop. The Euroleague is probably the best spot to do that considering the quality of competition. It's arguably a higher quality league than the G-League and he will play a ton. If he comes over he sits on the bench and sees maybe a couple minutes here and there mixed in with G-League games 

8 minutes ago, Mat said:

Without reading the article, my guess is they want him to play as many minutes so he can to continue to develop. The Euroleague is probably the best spot to do that considering the quality of competition. It's arguably a higher quality league than the G-League and he will play a ton. If he comes over he sits on the bench and sees maybe a couple minutes here and there mixed in with G-League games 

I dont think he got a lot of minutes last year. Hopefully his next team sees him as a better fit. But he definitely would have developed more here rather than riding the bench in a 2nd rate league. 

Maxey took the first vacation of his life,  and didn't know what you are supposed to do while on vacation. 

He’s the most impressive young player I’ve ever had in 21 years of coaching. So that’s how impressive he is. His work ethic, Vince, is beyond belief. I mean many times, already this summer at least two or three times, we’ve had to tell him to go sit down somewhere and go relax. He works with Sam Cassell and my son Spencer as they’re skill development coaches and he called Spencer two weeks ago because, like I guess like Ros (Gold-Onwude), he went on the vacation. The difference Ros is this is the first vacation he’s ever been on in his life is what he told us and I was like, ‘Wait, what?‘ he said ‘No, I’ve never been on vacation’ and he asked Spencer, ‘What do you do on vacation?’ True question like ‘What do you do on vacation?’ And Spence was like, ‘You relax.’ And he’s like, ‘For how long? For how many days? I mean, we’re going through a week. I can’t relax for a week.’

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Maxey took the first vacation of his life,  and didn't know what you are supposed to do while on vacation. 

He’s the most impressive young player I’ve ever had in 21 years of coaching. So that’s how impressive he is. His work ethic, Vince, is beyond belief. I mean many times, already this summer at least two or three times, we’ve had to tell him to go sit down somewhere and go relax. He works with Sam Cassell and my son Spencer as they’re skill development coaches and he called Spencer two weeks ago because, like I guess like Ros (Gold-Onwude), he went on the vacation. The difference Ros is this is the first vacation he’s ever been on in his life is what he told us and I was like, ‘Wait, what?‘ he said ‘No, I’ve never been on vacation’ and he asked Spencer, ‘What do you do on vacation?’ True question like ‘What do you do on vacation?’ And Spence was like, ‘You relax.’ And he’s like, ‘For how long? For how many days? I mean, we’re going through a week. I can’t relax for a week.’

Funny and a little bit sad

  • Author
3 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Maxey took the first vacation of his life,  and didn't know what you are supposed to do while on vacation. 

He’s the most impressive young player I’ve ever had in 21 years of coaching. So that’s how impressive he is. His work ethic, Vince, is beyond belief. I mean many times, already this summer at least two or three times, we’ve had to tell him to go sit down somewhere and go relax. He works with Sam Cassell and my son Spencer as they’re skill development coaches and he called Spencer two weeks ago because, like I guess like Ros (Gold-Onwude), he went on the vacation. The difference Ros is this is the first vacation he’s ever been on in his life is what he told us and I was like, ‘Wait, what?‘ he said ‘No, I’ve never been on vacation’ and he asked Spencer, ‘What do you do on vacation?’ True question like ‘What do you do on vacation?’ And Spence was like, ‘You relax.’ And he’s like, ‘For how long? For how many days? I mean, we’re going through a week. I can’t relax for a week.’

He was on the radio this morning.  You can tell he was doing something while he was in the phone.  Sounded like he was picking up around his place or something.  Anyway he said it was the first time he’s been on a plane in his life for something not related to basketball. He made it sound like it was really long, and it was just a normal 5-6 day trip.  Said he was also trying to convince Harden to get up at 6 am and workout with him.   

  • Author

Imagine if the Sixers got punished by the league because of Morey’s tampering.  Wonder how people would feel about him and his obsession with Hammy Harden then.  

1 hour ago, West_Philly said:

Funny and a little bit sad

Dude has played AAU his entire life so his summers were just basketball 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.