**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

It’s a sheet location for anyone in bucks, mont co, NJ, you know the people with money. Putting the stadium in center city because it’s more accessible for people in the city already is moronic because the sports complex is already accessible by the broad street line. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 20dawk4life said:

It’s a sheet location for anyone in bucks, mont co, NJ, you know the people with money. Putting the stadium in center city because it’s more accessible for people in the city already is moronic because the sports complex is already accessible by the broad street line. 

Correct

It's funny how the people in the city have no idea how people in the rest of the world travel. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Correct

It's funny how the people in the city have no idea how people in the rest of the world travel. 

Most of the people on here saying to take a train or whatever clearly don’t use septa. Septa has been sheet forever and its not gonna get better with more people using it. Trains are delayed nonstop, buses don’t have a dedicated bus lane so they’re stuck in rush hour traffic with everyone else, hell it took them until only a few years ago to put in a bus line that just runs up and down the blvd. The city isn’t built to handle the influx of people that is proposed. An easy way to tell is that the stadiums, which are dedicated to getting people in and out, aren’t exactly great. 

11 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Correct

I live in Montco. 

I can walk to the train station that is 5 minutes away and take the train right there. 

There's a PATCO stop right there, so ditto people in NJ. 

One. Train. 

No transferring to the BSL or MSL. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

I live in Montco. 

I can walk to the train station that is 5 minutes away and take the train right there. 

There's a PATCO stop right there, so ditto people in NJ. 

One. Train. 

No transferring to the BSL or MSL. 

I can not.

10 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

Most of the people on here saying to take a train or whatever clearly don’t use septa. Septa has been sheet forever and its not gonna get better with more people using it. Trains are delayed nonstop, buses don’t have a dedicated bus lane so they’re stuck in rush hour traffic with everyone else, hell it took them until only a few years ago to put in a bus line that just runs up and down the blvd. The city isn’t built to handle the influx of people that is proposed. An easy way to tell is that the stadiums, which are dedicated to getting people in and out, aren’t exactly great. 

I rode the R5 for years going to achool. Try again.

• Haha 1

My guess is that they’ll put a big parking garage or garages right next to the arena in addition to the parking garages already in the area.  And it’s really not that hard to get on Vine St / 676 from there especially at 9:30 or 10 o’clock at night.

21 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I can not.

Sorry it's going to be harder for you to attend the 2 games you go to 9 years from now 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

Sorry it's going to be harder for you to attend the 2 games you go to 9 years from now 

Thank you. 

Hopefully they come up with a better plan. 

The Asians are going to shoot this one down.  They weren't asked permission. 

8 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

I rode the R5 for years going to achool. Try again.

"I took the regional rail decades ago, I know how septa is” 

then you should know how sheety septa is. 

1 hour ago, 20dawk4life said:

"I took the regional rail decades ago, I know how septa is” 

then you should know how sheety septa is. 

It is indeed pretty crappy. But all mass transit is. Cheaper than gas and parking still

Damn I’m ready for the season… pages of talking about the location of an arena that won’t be built anytime soon. 

7 minutes ago, nipples said:

Damn I’m ready for the season… pages of talking about the location of an arena that won’t be built anytime soon. 

Im ready for a phase 2 of free agency. It seems like the entire league has been quiet this whole summer. Theres a bunch of good players still unsigned. Headlined by Sexton at this point. But you have a bench scorer in Schroder.

Sixers can get more shooting with Monk or Lamb

Backup bigs headlined by Whiteside, but you still have Morris who wants to come here. Paschal. And even Hollywood Hernangomez.

Wonder if its almost time where we can land any of these guys for the minimum.

On 7/23/2022 at 12:42 PM, HazletonEagle said:

Please let me know where my nearest convenient train station is to take me to philly. 

I can drive 45-60 minutes and an additional 10 dollars in tolls, or about an hour and 10 minutes without tolls, to Allentown to jump on a greyhound bus and ride that for 2 hours to Philly. Thats ridiculously dumb.

Or I can drive to Pottstown for an Amtrack which Im seeing, in addition to my drive time, are anywhere from 1hr 25 minutes on the train up to 2hr 37 minutes to Philly.

Or, I can drive an hour and a half to reading, for Amtrack and take the train for another 2 hours. Or theres an option for 3hrs and 20 minutes. 

Or I can drive to Lehighton, and take a Fullington bus for 5 hours and 20 minutes!

From there, I have no idea how much longer itll take to get to the actual arena.

I can drive to Philadelphia in 1.5 - 2 hours, and park right at the stadium, and more importantly, I can get home just as quickly. They better be able to come up with some way better options for the thousands of out of towners who will be there each night.

Any of those other options are idiotic. 

Your best option would be to drive to a park and ride (I use the one off 95), which is free to park. Then take the train. It's really not as bad as you're making it out to be. 

On 7/24/2022 at 9:59 AM, 20dawk4life said:

There are a ton of public transportation options in Bucks. 

12 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Your best option would be to drive to a park and ride (I use the one off 95), which is free to park. Then take the train. It's really not as bad as you're making it out to be. 

It certainly is.

Driving all the way to 95 and parking at a park and ride is almost exactly equivalent to how I used to take 95 and exit pretty much right in to the arena parking lot.

So you are trying to tell me parking 3 rows away from the doors of the arena isnt much better than parking somewhere off 95, and then taking a train. And dealing with the crowded train station after the game.

1 hour ago, nipples said:

I’m actually curious with the Celtics getting involved in the KD sweepstakes. The nets should be thrilled if brown is the centerpiece in that deal. He’s an all star and no other team involved wants to trade you that type of player. Suns can’t deal ayton anymore. It’s basically bridges and Cam Johnson, i much rather have brown than both of those guys. Add on i agree with Woj, windhorst and now shams that feels like suns are out with ayton not being able to be traded. They needed him to get assets back to put in that trade. Raptors aren’t giving up Barnes. Siakam doesn’t work due to being on a max rookie extension and the nets having Simmons. Miami has Herro and straus, i rather have brown. Herro might get to all star level but he’s not very good defensively whereas brown is very good  

Celtics are the favorites to win the title by mgm and DraftKings. I feel like smart, brown and white for KD likely gets this deal done. however if KD declines faster than anticipated then the Celtics could regret that deal  

1 hour ago, Gannan said:

There are a ton of public transportation options in Bucks. 

I live in bucks. There’s the regional rail and catching a bus at Neshaminy mall for lower bucks. 

1 minute ago, 20dawk4life said:

I live in bucks. There’s the regional rail and catching a bus at Neshaminy mall for lower bucks. 

Yeah Ill hop on at Langhorne or the Park and Ride off 95. I started doing it the Super Bowl year when they started charging $50 to park for eagles games. 

54 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

It certainly is.

Driving all the way to 95 and parking at a park and ride is almost exactly equivalent to how I used to take 95 and exit pretty much right in to the arena parking lot.

So you are trying to tell me parking 3 rows away from the doors of the arena isnt much better than parking somewhere off 95, and then taking a train. And dealing with the crowded train station after the game.

Dude it can take well over an hour to get out of that place. The sports complex isn't nearly the paradise you're making it out to be. 

Lol if Boston doesn’t make this trade i can’t imagine brown being thrilled to once again be put on the block. Seems like he’s already irritated  

Just saying brown is a free agent at the end of the 23-24 season. He could walk if he gets irritated enough with Boston. Harris and potentially harden off the books that offseason. Could potentially have a trio of embiid, brown and maxey if things fell into place 

12 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Thank you. 

Hopefully they come up with a better plan. 

The Asians are going to shoot this one down.  They weren't asked permission. 

Lol.  Please stop

27 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Dude it can take well over an hour to get out of that place. The sports complex isn't nearly the paradise you're making it out to be. 

Wrong.

I'm out in 15 minutes every time.  You must be talking about eagles games. 

• Like 1

What's Morey done with all of this money Hammy Harden freed up?