**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Does anyone else find it weird (maybe i missed it) that Harris got married and really he had no pictures (posted a ton of stories on IG) with anyone from the team at the wedding, no one on the team (didn’t check different people in the organization) congratulated him either? He’s been here for a few years now and like nothing from his teammates and coaches. 

Maybe he wanted to keep it private. 

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Does anyone else find it weird (maybe i missed it) that Harris got married and really he had no pictures (posted a ton of stories on IG) with anyone from the team at the wedding, no one on the team (didn’t check different people in the organization) congratulated him either? He’s been here for a few years now and like nothing from his teammates and coaches. 

Harris seems like a private guy.  

To answer your question,  it's weird in this day and age. However, with Harris I could conceive a few different possibilities of why it would be that way. Like,  the wedding was small and the team wasn't invited.  Or players have a different way of contacting him that doesn't involve social media for everyone on the world to see. 

5 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Maybe he wanted to keep it private. 

I get that but he was posting pics nonstop on IG story of the wedding/ prewedding and about the wedding on Twitter. You’d think teammates would at least publicly say congrats to him. I can understand no teammates there but i find it odd none have congratulated him. All of his friends were congratulating him on IG and he had their stories up as his. And he was thanking them as well. I’d add i don’t believe he showed up when they were in the Hamptons. Could be a nothing burger but seems to tie into the report he may want out 

If Zion stays healthy with Kd and McCollum that’s a nice trio 

7 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

If Zion stays healthy with Kd and McCollum that’s a nice trio 

KD isn’t going to want to go there. 

8 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Harris seems like a private guy.  

To answer your question,  it's weird in this day and age. However, with Harris I could conceive a few different possibilities of why it would be that way. Like,  the wedding was small and the team wasn't invited.  Or players have a different way of contacting him that doesn't involve social media for everyone on the world to see. 

Did he bromosexual lover say anything?  I miss Boban.

7 minutes ago, nipples said:

KD isn’t going to want to go there. 

Not only that, but when the hell is Ingram ever gong to get to be relevant on a relevant team? If I was him Id demand a trade as soon as that happened. 

He shouldnt be getting shipped out from a team getting a super star. He should be a guy players are looking to team up with.

58 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

Im not sure if he did or not. 

1 hour ago, Wentz_Era said:

Harris mentioned boban in a message about getting married to his best friend. 

A lot of Maxey vids from the Rumph Classic where he apparently stole the show.

https://sixerswire.usatoday.com/lists/young-sixers-guard-tyrese-maxey-lights-it-up-at-annual-rumph-classic/

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Harris mentioned boban in a message about getting married to his best friend. 

Yeah, Harris did. But did Bobi respond on social media?

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

https://sixerswire.usatoday.com/lists/young-sixers-guard-tyrese-maxey-lights-it-up-at-annual-rumph-classic/

Yeah, Harris did. But did Bobi respond on social media?

Boban hasn’t tweeted anything on Twitter since April. And hasn’t liked anything since June. Plus small wedding but people magazine got coverage

Sixers part of the article 

Something worth noting: As of earlier this week, there were high-ranking members of the Sixers who’ve felt strongly about engaging with Brooklyn on a Durant trade. 

It is unknown if Brooklyn and Philadelphia have made any recent progress on a trade. 

Previous reports stated that the Suns were at or near the top of the list of teams Durant would like to be traded to. An offseason trade to Phoenix seems unlikely due to the DeAndre Ayton signing. So what happens now? Well, it's worth noting that, in addition to Boston, Durant also sees Philadelphia as another desired landing spot, per people familiar with the matter.

The Sixers would almost certainly have to include Tyrese Maxey in a trade for Durant. Given the dynamics at play, you’d think that Tobias Harris, Matisse Thybulle and other players/draft picks would be included. 

According to ESPN, the Nets want to field a competitive team after trading Durant. 

Depending on the players and picks involved, you could see either the Celtics or Sixers satisfying Brooklyn’s wishes in a Durant trade. 

Maxey is one of the top young guards in the league. Harris, a New York native, is seen around the league as a high-character player and leader. He has a history with Ben Simmons in Philadelphia and is the type of veteran who could help the Nets team win games after a Durant trade. 

Even without Smart, a Celtics package centered around Jaylen Brown would, presumably, be attractive to the Nets.

Does a Raptors package without Scottie Barnes get a deal done? What about a Heat package without Bam Adebayo?

Regarding the Sixers, it would be a bit strange on the surface for Durant to reunite with James Harden after the way things played out in Brooklyn. Is there any lingering issue between Harden and Durant? For those reading the tea leaves, it’s worth pointing out that both Durant and Harden spent time together in London recently.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Sixers part of the article 

Something worth noting: As of earlier this week, there were high-ranking members of the Sixers who’ve felt strongly about engaging with Brooklyn on a Durant trade. 

It is unknown if Brooklyn and Philadelphia have made any recent progress on a trade. 

Previous reports stated that the Suns were at or near the top of the list of teams Durant would like to be traded to. An offseason trade to Phoenix seems unlikely due to the DeAndre Ayton signing. So what happens now? Well, it's worth noting that, in addition to Boston, Durant also sees Philadelphia as another desired landing spot, per people familiar with the matter.

The Sixers would almost certainly have to include Tyrese Maxey in a trade for Durant. Given the dynamics at play, you’d think that Tobias Harris, Matisse Thybulle and other players/draft picks would be included. 

According to ESPN, the Nets want to field a competitive team after trading Durant. 

Depending on the players and picks involved, you could see either the Celtics or Sixers satisfying Brooklyn’s wishes in a Durant trade. 

Maxey is one of the top young guards in the league. Harris, a New York native, is seen around the league as a high-character player and leader. He has a history with Ben Simmons in Philadelphia and is the type of veteran who could help the Nets team win games after a Durant trade. 

Even without Smart, a Celtics package centered around Jaylen Brown would, presumably, be attractive to the Nets.

Does a Raptors package without Scottie Barnes get a deal done? What about a Heat package without Bam Adebayo?

Regarding the Sixers, it would be a bit strange on the surface for Durant to reunite with James Harden after the way things played out in Brooklyn. Is there any lingering issue between Harden and Durant? For those reading the tea leaves, it’s worth pointing out that both Durant and Harden spent time together in London recently.

I'm still not interested.  Flame away.

Durant is an injury prone diva who quits when things don't go his way - we just got rid of one of those.  Do not want. 

15 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Did anyone watch these clips?

I'm thinking long and hard before posting with Maxey at this point.  Even for Durant.

10 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Did anyone watch these clips?

I'm thinking long and hard before posting with Maxey at this point.  Even for Durant.

I did.  Welcome to my team.

51 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Durant is an injury prone diva who quits when things don't go his way - we just got rid of one of those.  Do not want. 

Major difference one actually loves playing basketball and when healthy he’s a top 5 player in the world. The other is a diva who even when healthy isn’t top 20 in the world and doesn’t actually love to play  

Not saying I’d do it (Frankly that package isn’t  enough imo to get a deal done). it’s interesting that Kd sees the sixers as a desired landing spot and the sixers have people in their front office who are saying to go after him. add on him and harden were recently hanging out together.

that said i think the Celtics make the most sense if they are giving up brown and if they believe brown walks in FA in two years from them.  

hmm...it's basically like selling your soul & your future to get jojo a championship. 

yeah...i'd probably do it. 

1983 was a long-a** time ago.

This is coming from a Nets fan...I mentioned injuries before and got crucified for it.

I think you guys are out of your minds to even want to trade for Durant, but give us Maxey/Thybulle/Harris + 4 1sts and 2 swaps and the loser is yours.

Good luck getting an entire season out of him, or that he doesn't turn your locker room into a toxic cesspool. He's had leg injuries each of the last two seasons since coming back from his achilles that caused him to miss weeks at a time, and frankly if you watched what he did versus Boston in the first round, I question your sanity if you'd want to give up Maxey for him.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

hmm...it's basically like selling your soul & your future to get jojo a championship. 

yeah...i'd probably do it. 

1983 was a long-a** time ago.

There’s pros and cons to it. If KD plays at the level he does the next 3 years then it likely gives you the best chance to get embiid a title. Also he’s a diva and a pain in the ass and been getting injured more. But if you don’t acquire him and he likely goes to Miami or Boston which really hurts your chances to win the east. It’s gonna cost you maxey which is hard to part with a 21 year old who could be a star and the question is what is his peak and when does he hit it. 

10 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

This is coming from a Nets fan...I mentioned injuries before and got crucified for it.

I think you guys are out of your minds to even want to trade for Durant, but give us Maxey/Thybulle/Harris + 4 1sts and 2 swaps and the loser is yours.

Good luck getting an entire season out of him, or that he doesn't turn your locker room into a toxic cesspool. He's had leg injuries each of the last two seasons since coming back from his achilles that caused him to miss weeks at a time, and frankly if you watched what he did versus Boston in the first round, I question your sanity if you'd want to give up Maxey for him.

Not saying I’d do it. But also just saying same nets fans who thought Ben Simmons was going to be different in Brooklyn after the trade.

Also they are angry at KD cause he wants out same as eagles fans with wentz and sixers fans with Ben. So of course they’d say that. Point out the nets were a kd wrong size shoe away from beating the champion bucks and probably playing for a title against the suns.  was basically KD carrying that entire franchise as harden was hurting and kyrie was out. Also saying watching what he did against Boston is he played the best defensive team in the league that basically dared the nets to either have KD play out if his mind against 2 of the better defenders in league or his teammates to beat them. His teams of kyrie, curry and patty mills couldn’t, at least not consistently and he didnt play out of his mind. 

First off, of course you trade Maxey for Kevin Durant. He's Kevin Durant. 

However -- I think KD's camp is leaking this, right after the footage of him hanging with Harden, to try and pressure Boston to step up.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Not saying I’d do it. But also just saying same nets fans who thought Ben Simmons was going to be different in Brooklyn after the trade.

Also they are angry at KD cause he wants out same as eagles fans with wentz and sixers fans with Ben. So of course they’d say that. Point out the nets were a kd wrong size shoe away from beating the champion bucks and probably playing for a title against the suns.  was basically KD carrying that entire franchise as harden was hurting and kyrie was out. 

I didn't mean the hating part, I was specifically talking about injury concerns.  Obviously Durant is better than Maxey.  And yes, if all 3 of Durant, Harden and Embiid are healthy, we win a championship or get really close.  I was harping on the fact that people are overlooking that you need all 3 to be healthy during a deep playoff run.  Embiid has already shown he has injury issues in the playoffs, whether they are his fault or not.  Durant coming off the major achilles and will be 34 when the season starts.  That contract will not end well.  You have a 2 year window at best and you need all 3 healthy for the playoffs.  I am taking my chances with Maxey.

Just now, vikas83 said:

First off, of course you trade Maxey for Kevin Durant. He's Kevin Durant. 

However -- I think KD's camp is leaking this, right after the footage of him hanging with Harden, to try and pressure Boston to step up.

Very possible. Person i trust a lot said, the Celtics believe brown is going to test free agency in 2 years and they fear he’ll leave after everything he’s been through there. I  can understand from their perspective why they’d consider doing it.  

13 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

There’s pros and cons to it. If KD plays at the level he does the next 3 years then it likely gives you the best chance to get embiid a title. Also he’s a diva and a pain in the ass and been getting injured more. But if you don’t acquire him and he likely goes to Miami or Boston which really hurts your chances to win the east. It’s gonna cost you maxey which is hard to part with a 21 year old who could be a star and the question is what is his peak and when does he hit it. 

he's f'n kevin durant. i can't stand him but he's a killer on the court. imagine embiid's energy level on defense if he didn't have to carry the scoring load all season long. holy sheet!  it won't happen...but durant & embiid would be f'n deadly. oh yeah...add old man harden to the mix too. 

and i absolutely love watching maxey play....and f'n hate durant....hell, i can't stand harden either.  but this the best realistic chance to get a championship with embiid. 

1 minute ago, Khani1 said:

I didn't mean the hating part, I was specifically talking about injury concerns.  Obviously Durant is better than Maxey.  And yes, if all 3 of Durant, Harden and Embiid are healthy, we win a championship or get really close.  I was harping on the fact that people are overlooking that you need all 3 to be healthy during a deep playoff run.  Embiid has already shown he has injury issues in the playoffs, whether they are his fault or not.  Durant coming off the major achilles and will be 34 when the season starts.  That contract will not end well.  You have a 2 year window at best and you need all 3 healthy for the playoffs.  I am taking my chances with Maxey.

to me the looming issue with maxey is at some point prime embiid declines and isn’t good enough to be a title contender without that type of star. I love maxey not sure he can reach that type of level that embiid is currently at. I just think like Hoffman and bodner that his defense will never be at that type of level and his passing would have to get much better to be a top 5-10 player. I think he winds up being top 20. I think peak embiid is 2 maybe 3 years. If maxey doesn’t reach his peak til 3 years from now, embiid does declined and continues declining then you could eventually wind up in a lillard situation but with maxey when embiid is out of his prime. Sadly sixers haven’t exactly gotten a big fish in free agency in recent to pair with maxey then. 

i don’t think there’s a wrong way to go. If you believe you can be the best team and closest to winning a title in the next 2 years and possibly 3 is embiid, KD and harden then take the risk. It’s definitely a gamble like you pointed out. It’ll likely not end well after year 2 or 3. If you don’t think that’s true or worth the price cause you want to keep maxey for long term I’m also ok with it as well. 

• Like 2