**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

10 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Says the dingus dead wrong on parking…

Wrong. Those parking garages won't be empty when I'm arriving on a weekday. And traffic will still be a nightmare leaving. 

One of Maxey's three free camps this summer. Couldnt ever imagine Ben doing something like this. Great to have a guy like Tyrese on the team. Look at those kids' faces on the dunk picture. Awesome.

May be an image of 5 people, child, people standing, people playing sports and text that says '76 YRESE MAXEY ETBALL CAM PHILA 0 76ers ers'

May be an image of 13 people, people standing and text that says 'DEMY ORD EI AND '71 76 10 PHII 0 PHILA'

May be an image of 2 people, people playing sports, ball and indoor

May be an image of 8 people, child, people standing and indoor

May be an image of 8 people, people standing, people playing sports and indoor

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Boogie is still a FA

Ya know as much as he is a **** i wouldnt mind him off the bench

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ToastJenkins said:

Ya know as much as he is a **** i wouldnt mind him off the bench 

He had his best rebounding year per 36 minutes 

On 8/5/2022 at 12:43 PM, iladelphxx said:

No one is taking a Greyhound bus to see a Sixers game..... 

Shockingly, way back in the day, I actually took a bus to see an Eagles game. Met my friends down at the sports complex, threw my bag in their car, and went straight to the game.

I can’t say it was a good experience, but, 20 some odd years ago, I did it. :lol: 

On 8/6/2022 at 5:17 PM, HazletonEagle said:

One of Maxey's three free camps this summer. Couldnt ever imagine Ben doing something like this. Great to have a guy like Tyrese on the team. Look at those kids' faces on the dunk picture. Awesome.

May be an image of 5 people, child, people standing, people playing sports and text that says '76 YRESE MAXEY ETBALL CAM PHILA 0 76ers ers'

May be an image of 13 people, people standing and text that says 'DEMY ORD EI AND '71 76 10 PHII 0 PHILA'

May be an image of 2 people, people playing sports, ball and indoor

May be an image of 8 people, child, people standing and indoor

May be an image of 8 people, people standing, people playing sports and indoor

Love this dude. Star in the making and easy to root for. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GoEagles5921 said:

Damn Harden looks so slow 

That's because he's gotten older. He is slower now. He's not the player he used to be.

46 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

That's because he's gotten older. He is slower now. He's not the player he used to be.

Thank you for that.

Article is behind a paywall. I learned a few days ago you can disable java script and sometimes you can read. It works here.

https://www.inquirer.com/real-estate/commercial/sixers-fashion-district-adelman-apartment-development-multipurpose-20220808.html?utm_campaign=Philly.com+Sports+Facebook+Account&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&cid=Philly.com+Sports+Facebook+Account&fbclid=IwAR37tKKuBxIVvlbZZLry3VscUf6NjGqnSYz231nx17Dru0R72k-_LldT50Q

Here are some pieces.

But after an hour of talking with Adelman last week, the outlines of their real estate ambitions finally began to emerge. The 18,500-seat arena at 11th and Market would serve as the anchor for a new entertainment district studded with restaurants, bars, shops and, eventually, apartment towers.

The Sixers expect to partner with the owners of the Fashion District to improve the mall and develop the south side of Market Street, Adelman said. Filbert Street would be turned into a covered arcade lined with amenities. And Philadelphia’s main bus station would be relocated to make room for it all.

Obviously, the Sixers are playing a long game. Demolition of the western portion of the mall wouldn’t start for four more years, Adelman told me, and the arena wouldn’t open until 2031.

But what the Sixers have in mind is so big, it’s likely to transform that entire quadrant of Center City beyond recognition. It would also enable the owners to earn a whole lot more money than they now pull in from ticket sales at the Wells Fargo Center.

While they’ve already started reaching out to city transportation officials and various Chinatown groups to get their buy-in, they have yet to provide detailed architectural plans showing how the buildings would occupy the main, four-acre site. They essentially want us to Trust the Process.

The sports version of that approach has had mixed results, so city officials would need to be especially vigilant in looking after the public interest in this real estate variant. It’s not too early to start pursuing strategies to protect Chinatown, which could be both a beneficiary and a casualty of the new entertainment district — or asking how the Sixers could help.

The city, which has tolerated the shameful, bunker-like conditions at the Filbert Street bus station for far too long, also would need to get serious about creating the multimodal transportation center Philadelphia deserves. City planners would also have to monitor the Sixers to make sure they didn’t turn Filbert Street into another dark tunnel.

What’s more, the regional transit hub below Market Street makes it a perfect location for a modern sports venue. Over the last two decades, several other NBA franchises have migrated downtown and built similar entertainment districts near transit. By leaving Philadelphia’s dull, autocentric Sports Complex for Market Street, the Sixers would be embracing a more sustainable urban future. That can only help SEPTA and PATCO, something that is good for the whole city.

We got our first glimpse of the Sixers’ ambitions back in 2020, when they made a bid to redevelop Penn’s Landing. Although the proposal was rejected, it showed that the franchise was already thinking of the team as an asset that could leverage the construction of housing, hotels and shops. At the time, Adelman, who started his career managing student housing near Penn, was not involved. Bringing him in as a partner now shows how much the emphasis on the residential portion of the project has grown.

"If they do it right,” Rosentraub told me, "they can get 275 nights at the arena.” He predicted that the Philadelphia Flyers would eventually move downtown as a Sixers tenant. So would Villanova’s basketball team, which had traditionally played five games a season at Wells Fargo.

The Sixers want to include outdoor space in their entertainment district, too. The question is: Where? Because they would need to span Filbert Street to accommodate the arena’s footprint, Adelman suggested they could turn the space into a covered arcade, lined with restaurants.

The Sixers say they don’t plan to ask the city for any subsidies for their entertainment district. But with any development this big, there are sure to be infrastructure problems — big water mains, old train tunnels — that require public money to fix. Then there’s the bus station. If the city goes forward with a long-planned bus station next to 30th Street Station, it would require help from PennDot, an agency not known for moving quickly.

That’s why the city needs to mount a full-court press now to make sure Philadelphia gets a Sixers development that benefits the whole city.

• Like 1

And a new pic from the article

The Sixers’ ambitions for Market Street go well beyond building a sports arena

There are a few other new pics but dont show up without java, and are blocked once the paywall is enabled again. 

23 hours ago, GoEagles5921 said:

Damn Harden looks so slow 

Barnes is also an elite defender with that 7'2" wingspan. If anyone is next Kawhi it is him

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Lol what a dbag 

5 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

He really doesn't deserve another contract after this runs out. 

spacer.png

Dude is a snake like Irving. Had a real coach in Kenny Atkinson and a C in Jarrett Allen but those bozos wants Nash and DeAndre Jordan. He literally burned the franchise to the ground and now wants out like they didn't do everything he wanted. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Dude is a snake like Irving. Had a real coach in Kenny Atkinson and a C in Jarrett Allen but those bozos wants Nash and DeAndre Jordan. He literally burned the franchise to the ground and now wants out like they didn't do everything he wanted. 

Don’t disagree with you about Kenny, Allen. And them wanting Jordan and Nash. Tbh they should fire Nash. He’s not a good coach anyway. Marks is a different story cause i actually think he’s fine if Durant doesn’t ask him to do stupid trades and hires. 

Supposedly Maxey put on a show at some Danny Rumph Classic tonight. 

Isaiah Joe played too.

At this point I wouldn’t even want to trade Maxey for KD… seriously. Great player, but he’s a cancer. Will never win a title other than joining an established super team, which means GS.

Does anyone else find it weird (maybe i missed it) that Harris got married and really he had no pictures (posted a ton of stories on IG) with anyone from the team at the wedding, no one on the team (didn’t check different people in the organization) congratulated him either? He’s been here for a few years now and like nothing from his teammates and coaches. 

• Like 1