**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

13 hours ago, TEW said:

NFTs (non fungible tokens, the technical name for these things) are really hot right now. An artist sold one for $69M the other day, Jack Dorsey sold his first tweet as a NFT for a couple million, etc.

Have to imagine these things will be highly correlated to Bitcoin -- both on the way up and the way down. I think the technology/concept itself has a lot of promise, but sports collectibles are pretty dicey IMO. Like you said, it's similar to a baseball card.  They go through cycles. Someone will be left holding the bag at the end of the cycle. But yes, this is all very "legitimate" in the sense that it is a real asset class, licensed by the NBA, etc. Could end up being huge, could crash and burn, or most likely it goes through waves of popularity. I'd say there's probably 6-12 months before the whole crypto space hits another bear market.

3 hours ago, bbabraham said:

@HazletonEagle Got this sweet Mathisse steal and dunk for $6. It's not limited edition, so more will be released, thus less valuable. Similar to the steal and dunk last night.

https://www.nbatopshot.com/moment/smooth_piranha9716+15acd360-ce00-43bf-b209-cef6363461a2?

Oh and my cards are up $6 in value. So yeah... I'm retiring rich soon :P

It's great that you were able to get that.  Considering the guy is a stiff offensively.  The value should grow considering there won't be a ton of other editions.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Glad the 6ers arent mentioned here

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/261845/Rockets-Engaged-With-Bucks-Heat-Lakers-On-PJ-Tucker-Trade

The Houston Rockets continue to seek a trade of P.J. Tucker ahead of the deadline.

Tucker is on an expiring contract and is unlikely to remain with the Rockets next season.

The Milwaukee Bucks, Miami Heat and Los Angeles Lakers remain engaged with the Rockets on a Tucker trade. Houston has set a strong price, however, seeking a young talented player for Tucker.

The Brooklyn Nets were interested in Tucker, which would have required the team sending out Spencer Dinwiddie, but they are no longer in the market for the veteran.

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

Yeah can you get either of the Dwight Howard 3 pointers from this season?

Meh.  Dwight Howard is a HOF not known to be a shooter.  Thybulle is a waste on offense. 

Magic are taking offers for Aaron Gordon.

John Collins being asked about as well

The Boston Celtics have interest in trading for John Collins, though the asking price from the Atlanta Hawks may be prohibitive for them. The Hawks are seeking a first round pick and/or a talented young player.

The Minnesota Timberwolves have also been linked to Collins with ESPN's Jackie MacMullan indicating last week that they had serious interest.

Collins will be a restricted free agent.

For the Celtics, Harrison Barnes is likely a more realistic target.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Meh.  Dwight Howard is a HOF not known to be a shooter.  Thybulle is a waste on offense. 

His shooting form is very good.  He just needs to take 1000 3's a day this off-season and I think he can become an average 3 point shooter.  Then his value sky rockets.

This would be a very solid move to land both

The Oklahoma City Thunder have received interest from several playoff contenders on trades for George Hill and Trevor Ariza.

Hill has another season left on his contract in 2021-22 ($10 million, partially guaranteed). The Los Angeles Clippers are among the teams interested in Hill.

Ariza is on an expiring deal worth $12.8 million and has remained away from the Thunder all season.

Wonder why they choose Feb 3rd? Maybe because the previous 7 games he was 2/15 or 13% from 3.

He will need to shoot a higher volume to make me a believer until then he is in a hot streak. 

Thybulle is the 2nd most important piece behind Embiid on the Sixers and if he can shoot then it changes everything. I have said he absolutely makes Green expandable if he starts knocking down shots and allows Morey to get best value rather than fill a need. 

He is an elite elite defender, better than Ben on ball defense and gives them a shot at the Sixers. He has to continue to shoot or just another guy that can do one thing well and the Sixers have enough of them. 

1 hour ago, iladelphxx said:

Can we talk about Thybulle? 

He made 4 three pointers. Can we not get carried away? Multiple players for the Jazz almost make that in 1Q.

45 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

There has got to be a deal coming in the next couple days...

I think they are gonna be more active in the buyout market tbh. I think they’ll make a deal with their trade exemption. I think they’ll add a guy or two on the buyout market. Not sure there’s a big enough deal out there to get someone who substantially puts you over the top of the nets. 

Id be a bad idea to let the expiring contracts of Danny Green and Mike Scott go to waste. 

As expiring contracts as assets go, those are 2 nice ones that we wont have after this year. Then, we had no mid range contracts again, which will make it hard to make trades well in to the future when you have to match salary.  It was an issue we had last year. Once these guys are gone the opportunity to trade those expirings goes along with them and we dont have any more guys on those types of deals. 

We have this one chance to turn those assests in to something nice and then we are stuck with this exact roster for at leas the following 2 years. If we arent good enough right now, then we wont be good enough next year, or the following year either.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Id be a bad idea to let the expiring contracts of Danny Green and Mike Scott go to waste. 

As expiring contracts as assets go, those are 2 nice ones that we wont have after this year. Then, we had no mid range contracts again, which will make it hard to make trades well in to the future when you have to match salary.  It was an issue we had last year. Once these guys are gone the opportunity to trade those expirings goes along with them and we dont have any more guys on those types of deals. 

We have this one chance to turn those assests in to something nice and then we are stuck with this exact roster for at leas the following 2 years. If we arent good enough right now, then we wont be good enough next year, or the following year either.

Unless Tobi continues to play like this the rest of the season and into the playoffs.  Then next year and certainly the following year, his contract is much more desirable in a trade if we needed to shake things up for a big move.

Just now, Khani1 said:

Unless Tobi continues to play like this the rest of the season and into the playoffs.  Then next year and certainly the following year, his contract is much more desirable in a trade if we needed to shake things up for a big move.

Wouldnt see how trading him makes us better. 

Sixers are in a tricky spot.  They are better than I expected them to be this year.  

The still aren't good enough to be the favorites.  Even the right big move doesn't make them the favorites.  But they are one of the select few teams in contention. 

The question...is this as good as it gets with this group?  If so, then you probably sell out and add what you can to create the best chance possible.  There's not much point in just hanging back and not making a move.

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

Pretty much.

All of the improvement would basically have to come from Thybulle and Maxey.  Like them as players, but I don't think they put us over the top.

44 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Sixers are in a tricky spot.  They are better than I expected them to be this year.  

The still aren't good enough to be the favorites.  Even the right big move doesn't make them the favorites.  But they are one of the select few teams in contention. 

The question...is this as good as it gets with this group?  If so, then you probably sell out and add what you can to create the best chance possible.  There's not much point in just hanging back and not making a move.

I think landing LaVine to go with Embiid, Simmons and Harris would give us a pretty strong 3+ year window. No idea if that's possible or if he's even available, but it would give us a pretty formidable group of stars.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TEW said:

Pretty much.

All of the improvement would basically have to come from Thybulle and Maxey.  Like them as players, but I don't think they put us over the top.

yep. last chance to do anything major, or even just somewhat big via trade is right now. 

1 minute ago, TEW said:

I think landing LaVine to go with Embiid, Simmons and Harris would give us a pretty strong 3+ year window. No idea if that's possible or if he's even available, but it would give us a pretty formidable group of stars.

and if hes not, gotta consider Lowry.

If neither of them, have to consider Jerami Grant, Fournier/Ross/Gordon

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Wouldnt see how trading him makes us better. 

You don't think moving 36-37 million dollars off our team gives us a chance to retool the roster?

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

and if hes not, gotta consider Lowry.

If neither of them, have to consider Jerami Grant, Fournier/Ross/Gordon

My question with Lowry is how much time he has left as a star player and what you do when he declines?

All the guys you mentioned have merit. I admit I don’t have the best gauge for NBA trade value so I guess it would depend on their cost. I assume you can get them without giving up Thybulle or Maxey? 

I have to admit, Ball kind of intrigues me, as does Markaanen. Again, no idea on value here, but they’re both pretty unique guys that could give us something different.

6 hours ago, Khani1 said:

You don't think moving 36-37 million dollars off our team gives us a chance to retool the roster?

No. You'd most likely be bringing in equal salary. 

Would you do Maxey, Matisse and 2 future 1sts for Lavine?  I think I would.....but I hate to let go of Matisse.