**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

41 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

Would you do Maxey, Matisse and 2 future 1sts for Lavine?  I think I would.....but I hate to let go of Matisse.  

That’s a little steep. I’d prefer to keep Thybulle. If he can get that 3 point shot to be more consistent he’s basically Covington, but an even better defender.  The future firsts I am ok with, and though I like Maxey’s potential I’d be ok including him. But I’d prefer to give up another piece besides Matisse. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYEagle said:

Would you do Maxey, Matisse and 2 future 1sts for Lavine?  I think I would.....but I hate to let go of Matisse.  

If you can get a 25 year old  who is  averaging 28 ppg, 5.1 assists, 5 rebounds, 43.5% from 3 on 7.9 attempts, 85% from FT on 6 attempts for just that? Absolutely 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, nipples said:

That’s a little steep. I’d prefer to keep Thybulle. If he can get that 3 point shot to be more consistent he’s basically Covington, but an even better defender.  The future firsts I am ok with, and though I like Maxey’s potential I’d be ok including him. But I’d prefer to give up another piece besides Matisse. 

Steep?? What world are you living in? Talk about thinking your assets are more valuable than they are.

1st round picks should be late 20s and odds are the player you draft is nothing more than a rotation guy. Maxey isn't some amazing rookie lighting the world on fire, and you just compared Thybulle to a better Covington. Covington isn't a Top 50 in the league right now. 

But this is too much for LaVine, come on 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYEagle said:

Yep

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Steep?? What world are you living in? Talk about thinking your assets are more valuable than they are.

1st round picks should be late 20s and odds are the player you draft is nothing more than a rotation guy. Maxey isn't some amazing rookie lighting the world on fire, and you just compared Thybulle to a better Covington. Covington isn't a Top 50 in the league right now. 

But this is too much for LaVine, come on 

All I’m saying is I would much rather include another piece than Thybulle. Hell I’d include Shake rather than Matisse. LaVine is a great offensive player but his defense is pretty awful. Thybulle brings that elite defense that you’re not getting out of anyone outside of Simmons and Embiid right now. 

• Like 1

If you can get a 25 year old  who is  averaging 28 ppg, 5.1 assists, 5 rebounds, 43.5% from 3 on 7.9 attempts, 85% from FT on 6 attempts for just that? Absolutely 

Agree. Bulls probably want more though. They don't have to move him.

43 minutes ago, nipples said:

All I’m saying is I would much rather include another piece than Thybulle. Hell I’d include Shake rather than Matisse. LaVine is a great offensive player but his defense is pretty awful. Thybulle brings that elite defense that you’re not getting out of anyone outside of Simmons and Embiid right now. 

Great offense will always beat great defense especially over a 7 game series. 

I'm on the phone now with the GM from Chicago...please hold, I'll let everyone know if he is good with my offer!!  Because yes....I would do it in a heartbeat.

Wizards are not engaging teams who call about Beal.

Thunder are interested in trading Horford.

Clippers are interested in Rozier, as we should be too. 

Magic consider Fultz and Isaac as their only untouchables. Thats weird.

52 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Wizards are not engaging teams who call about Beal.

Thunder are interested in trading Horford.

Clippers are interested in Rozier, as we should be too. 

Magic consider Fultz and Isaac as their only untouchables. Thats weird.

Wonder what it would take to get Rozier. 6th man of the year if he would accept that role. Show him what Clarkson just signed an extension for, 4/51, and he can still play big minutes. 

• Like 1

Howard has really been playing well lately. Love the energy he brings off the bench.

• Like 1

As weird as this may sound, I almost feel like it's a detriment when Kork has a few good games. It's like he starts thinking he's better than he actually is, and forces even more stupid shots.

Would we need to give up  Tobias for Lavine and if so is that really an upgrade

Just now, West_Philly said:

Just read an article that opposite GMs think, LaVine and Patrick Williams, are touchable. 

3 minutes ago, West_Philly said:

Trading Harris does nothing to improve the team. 

6ers only allowed 12 points this quarter

Harris just basically took over this game and got the W on offense and defense. Impressive game from him he’s now on quite the run. 

7 minutes ago, West_Philly said:

There is no point in trading Harris to get Lavine. When you consider their all around games (offense, defense, rebounding, etc) it’s basically a lateral move. Add in the fact that Harris really seems to be developing that closer mentality, and it would be dumb to move him. For whatever reason, this is a guy who just thrives playing under Rivers. 

3 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Harris just basically took over this game and got the W on offense and defense. Impressive game from him he’s now on quite the run. 

Yep, we’ve been asking for a few years now (minus Butler) who the closer on this team is... I think Harris is becoming that guy. 

• Like 1

Danny Green has to know he is holding this team back. You can't have your starter consistently give nothing, but 3ppg in 28 minutes this last month. 

And playing Kork in clutch minutes is NOT the answer. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Danny Green has to know he is holding this team back. You can't have your starter consistently give nothing, but 3ppg in 28 minutes this last month. 

They need an upgrade, badly.

32 minutes ago, nipples said:

There is no point in trading Harris to get Lavine. When you consider their all around games (offense, defense, rebounding, etc) it’s basically a lateral move. Add in the fact that Harris really seems to be developing that closer mentality, and it would be dumb to move him. For whatever reason, this is a guy who just thrives playing under Rivers. 

That's my thought.  If Brett Brown was still the coach then Lavine is a clear upgrade over Tobias.  However, Toby under Doc's coaching makes it a wash. 

BTW, If you listen to Toby's post game interview with Zumoff he was subtle about it but basically mentioned that the direct match up with All Star Julius Randell meant a lot to him.  Toby wanted to prove a point tonight. 

Just getting Wayne Ellington and putting him into the starting lineup would be such an upgrade over Danny green’s inconsistency. It is absolutely ridiculous that like one out of every three games Danny Green is giving you 0-5 points and he’s shooting horribly when doing so. 

i’ve said this before but if Danny Green is giving you nothing offensively then you should just go with thybulle because he gives you better defense than what Green is going to give you at this stage of his career. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, therealdawk said:

BTW, If you listen to Toby's post game interview with Zumoff he was subtle about it but basically mentioned that the direct match up with All Star Julius Randell meant a lot to him.  Toby wanted to prove a point tonight. 

Before the game I thought about that match up and thought Harris might have trouble.  Despite the size difference,  Randall gives embiid fits. He's very strong and some of Harris best games have come when he can exploit a miss match in the post. 

Impressive game last night for him.