Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BG, if you like him to be on the team, fine. I want no part of him as an Eagle. I will say if he does become one, I will not be a Eagle fan. I want no part of players with his off the field issues on a team I root for. I had a hard enough time with Vick, but at least he paid the price and showed he was trying to change. I hear no such remorse coming from Watson.

1 minute ago, jsb235 said:

wow, unreal.....

JSB, what are your expectations for this team? 6 wins? 8, 10?

Just curious as I feel this is gonna be a process. Maybe play-off aspirations in 2023.....

33 minutes ago, stine said:

BG, if you like him to be on the team, fine. I want no part of him as an Eagle. I will say if he does become one, I will not be a Eagle fan. I want no part of players with his off the field issues on a team I root for. I had a hard enough time with Vick, but at least he paid the price and showed he was trying to change. I hear no such remorse coming from Watson.

I don’t pass judgement on the off the field stuff I know nothing about I’m an innocent until proven guilty kind of guy so that my stance on the legal issues… As for the business side nothing he has done has been all that different then the other top QB wanting out whether it’s Rodgers or Wilson. 

46 minutes ago, stine said:

why sign a extension 6 months later? 

So rather he should have not signed and been forced to play on franchise tags???? Not like players have a say really especially top players and QBs at that. I don’t fault Watson for getting paid like I never faulted any other player for doing so…. 

54 minutes ago, stine said:

JSB, what are your expectations for this team? 6 wins? 8, 10?

Just curious as I feel this is gonna be a process. Maybe play-off aspirations in 2023.....

Impossible to predict. Health is always a major issue. The QB play is an unknown. The WRs are unknowns.

Last year, I saw a team with major questions at corner, LB and offensive line. I never expected the qb to melt down, Ertz to struggle and Desean to miss almost the entire season. But the questions that I had at the beginning of the season turned into problems during the season.

This year I don't really have any questions on the defense. Epps and Wallace are fine safety depth. The CB depth chart is coming into focus. The LB room is what it is. We saw Singleton and Edwards play average football last year, so I think that's what we get this year at a minimum.

On the offensive side of the ball, the questions to me are Hurts, Fulgham, Reagor, Smith and Ertz. Can Smith stay healthy? Can Hurts be a legit qb? Can Fulgham and Reagor take the next step? Will Ertz be on the team, and can he play at a high level? Last year the answers to my questions (can Maddox play outside corner, can the oline stay healthy, can Reagor be a WR1, can Desean stay healthy, can Gerry play MLB?) were all a resounding no. Hopefully my questions this year will have more positive responses.  

I will say that, being as objective as possible, I like our chances in the division. The Giants are a mess. The Cowboys have a lot of injuries right now and their defense will be bad. The WFT is taking a huge gamble on an ancient qb who will be standing behind a shaky oline. Every team has issues, so it's difficult to tell where we will end up.   

2 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

will say that, being as objective as possible, I like our chances in the division. The Giants are a mess. The Cowboys have a lot of injuries right now and their defense will be bad. The WFT is taking a huge gamble on an ancient qb who will be standing behind a shaky oline. Every team has issues, so it's difficult to tell where we will end up.   

Gotta like where WFT is at even with Fitz at QB he can still play good ball and that D is going to be legit. also Washington OL isn’t that terrible strong interior group lot of young promising O weapons as well. Fitz playing style should also play well to the WRs they have.
Dallas has the best O in the division if they stay healthy will be tough 

Giants are tough to figure out but a healthy Barkley and depending what version of Jones they get could be underrated group.

Eagles likely have the most questions that need to be answered but have to like some of the moves we made and our D could push WFT for best in the East I believe that. Offense we have promising guys it just can they produce. 

All and all NFC Least likely get won with 8-9 games which is sad 

2 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

So rather he should have not signed and been forced to play on franchise tags???? Not like players have a say really especially top players and QBs at that. I don’t fault Watson for getting paid like I never faulted any other player for doing so…. 

Why not? He would have gotten more Money playing under the Tag and then he is free to go where he wants. That is absolutely what he should have done.

I don’t pass judgement on the off the field stuff I know nothing about I’m an innocent until proven guilty kind of guy so that my stance on the legal issues… As for the business side nothing he has done has been all that different then the other top QB wanting out whether it’s Rodgers or Wilson. 

I normally agree with that statement. However, over 20 different women? I find it almost impossible to think Every one was lying about this. Had it been 2 or even three I would not have a stance either way.

1 hour ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Gotta like where WFT is at even with Fitz at QB he can still play good ball and that D is going to be legit. also Washington OL isn’t that terrible strong interior group lot of young promising O weapons as well. Fitz playing style should also play well to the WRs they have.

Giants are tough to figure out but a healthy Barkley and depending what version of Jones they get could be underrated group.

Eagles likely have the most questions that need to be answered but have to like some of the moves we made and our D could push WFT for best in the East I believe that. Offense we have promising guys it just can they produce. 

I agree with almost all you say here BG. Not sure about the Eagles, but I like your optimism!  I am more to the 6 wins end then the 9 wins....

WFT looks to be the best in the Division to me with Dallas not far behind. I saw that Dak was nursing his shoulder one day. If that turns out to be an issue they would be in trouble. There defense will be better this year.... I like their draft on that side of the ball. Parsons will be a demon.....

OK -  here is the Question I ask all of you as GM of the Eagles. Texans will trade you Watson for both #1 picks in 2022, Hurts and Cox.

Do you do this deal?

17 minutes ago, stine said:

Why not? He would have gotten more Money playing under the Tag and then he is free to go where he wants. That is absolutely what he should have done.

And one wrong injury and his career is over and that it for him… Reason most players aren’t thrill playing on a tag. 

Hate players that don’t want to play for a city but it’s ok that teams force them to stay on tags lol sorry i just don’t agree 

11 minutes ago, stine said:

am more to the 6 wins end then the 9 wins....

I’m not sure what we win this season just stating the the winner of the East likely only gets 9 wins… Our division isn’t that strong.

9 minutes ago, stine said:

OK -  here is the Question I ask all of you as GM of the Eagles. Texans will trade you Watson for both #1 picks in 2022, Hurts and Cox.

Do you do this deal?

This is a tough one…. Not against the idea of trading Cox and Hurts as part of the package but the picks need insurance(part of the reason I don’t see a trade happening any time soon).

Maybe the Colts picks and conditional pick our 1st if Watson misses so many games then it goes to a 2nd… Plus Hurts and Cox.

21 minutes ago, stine said:

I normally agree with that statement. However, over 20 different women? I find it almost impossible to think Every one was lying about this. Had it been 2 or even three I would not have a stance either way.

The timing for Watson bothers after he says he wants out of Houston and he gets a payday me as do the 20 women I’d be more inclined to believe it if it was only a handful. Problem now for me is are any of them telling the true or they looking to just get paid(no doubt that all some are looking for).

Either way I can’t and won’t say whether he is guilty or innocent let the courts decide that. 

13 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

And one wrong injury and his career is over and that it for him… Reason most players aren’t thrill playing on a tag. 

Hate players that don’t want to play for a city but it’s ok that teams force them to stay on tags lol sorry i just don’t agree 

OK, so you don't want to be in Houston. So you sign a 4 year extension when you could play under the tag and make more money for one year...? Sure he may get injured. It happens in every sport, but to leave yourself in a city you don't want to be in? Sorry, I don't care what Watson wants when he does that. If Houston wants to keep him, I cannot blame them at all.

4 hours ago, stine said:

Did you listen to Rodger's Presser? It was nothing to do with the money. He said that he had no issues with the organization as far as that went. He went on to say that Green Bay paid him allot of money to play and he was grateful. Watson was pissed at O'Brien so Houston fired him. Yet he still was not happy. If he was upset about Hopkins being traded in March, why sign a extension 6 months later? His off the field issues are even a greater concern. I highly doubt over 20 women can all be wrong. You don't hear about that talking about Wilson or Rodgers....

You make some solid points here. But it felt like the organization made him feel he’d feta say in the next HC. His rumored guy didn’t even get an interview. Not sure how I feel about players deciding coaches. A big time Franchise QB today probably gets a say….like it or not. They disenfranchised him….which passed him off. Not sure if he really hates the new guys….or just wasn’t consulted. 

We aren’t near Washington’s defense. They are scary good. I expect them to field one of the best defenses in the league…not just the East.

1 hour ago, stine said:

Come on man. Second contract is huge. You take that mega guaranteed money he got all day long!

1 hour ago, stine said:

Do you do this deal?

Nope! I had to think hard about it though. I set the price at a first and second next draft and a first and second in 2023.

56 minutes ago, stine said:

OK, so you don't want to be in Houston. So you sign a 4 year extension when you could play under the tag and make more money for one year...? Sure he may get injured. It happens in every sport, but to leave yourself in a city you don't want to be in? Sorry, I don't care what Watson wants when he does that. If Houston wants to keep him, I cannot blame them at all.

They could actually tag him twice

I don’t think any player is all that stuck anymore in a city. Sign the contract you want. That’s important. But forcing a trade seems like it’s become very routine. 

2 hours ago, stine said:

Do you do this deal?

Not unless i'm certain of what his legal status will be.

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

They could actually tag him twice

Someone was tagged twice a few years ago but i just can't remember who

Archived