Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

8 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

Someone was tagged twice a few years ago but i just can't remember who

Kirk Coupons was wasn't he? Washington tagged him twice but couldn't agree a long term deal so in the end he hit FA.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Kirk Coupons was wasn't he? Washington tagged him twice but couldn't agree a long term deal so in the end he hit FA.

Yep. He's the one

So Barnett they did like I was thinking: just added four void years on his contract to convert his money to signing bonus. Moves his pay for this year on to next year’s cap.

2 hours ago, stine said:

OK, so you don't want to be in Houston. So you sign a 4 year extension when you could play under the tag and make more money for one year...? Sure he may get injured. It happens in every sport, but to leave yourself in a city you don't want to be in? Sorry, I don't care what Watson wants when he does that. If Houston wants to keep him, I cannot blame them at all.

But he is stuck in that city regardless he forced to play on the tag and can get tagged again the following year. If Watson went to them and said I don’t want to play here think they let him just walk??? Come on now the nfl doesn’t really make it fair on the players Watson could h e been forced to play there 2 -3 years on a tag. But that fine for the city to do but it’s not fair for the player to get paid and want out mmmm

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Nope! I had to think hard about it though. I set the price at a first and second next draft and a first and second in 2023.

So you want to pay more for Watson???? Give 4 picks instead of 2???? Cox is a great player but coming toward the end of his career getting him off the books and gettting a franchise caliber QB in return isn’t the worst option at this stage of his career. 
As for Hurts makes sense to include him. 

I wouldn’t image Texans would want Cox though or Ertz 

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We aren’t near Washington’s defense. They are scary good. I expect them to field one of the best defenses in the league…not just the East.

They have sub par Lb and secondary lol they have a scary DL though… If the question was who has the best DL my answer would be different. 

6 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

They have sub par Lb and secondary lol they have a scary DL though… If the question was who has the best DL my answer would be different. 

They took a stud LB in the first round. Brought in Fuller and then William Jackson(he’s pretty good…probably underrated by most).

48 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

They took a stud LB in the first round.

I old judgement on draft picks until they produce if you got by most experts they say he was a massive reach in round 1 just saying.

9 hours ago, stine said:

I agree with almost all you say here BG. Not sure about the Eagles, but I like your optimism!  I am more to the 6 wins end then the 9 wins....

WFT looks to be the best in the Division to me with Dallas not far behind. I saw that Dak was nursing his shoulder one day. If that turns out to be an issue they would be in trouble. There defense will be better this year.... I like their draft on that side of the ball. Parsons will be a demon.....

I agree with Stine, but I am even less optimistic. Hurts doesn't have NFL starting talent and the defense….oh man, it’s going to suck. 4 wins at best. Eagles will ultimately be picking early in the first round of the draft next year.

I DETEST the Cowpies so much that I HOPE they have tons of injuries and lose every game EVERY YEAR. But they have the most talent and should easily win this division. The Deadskins are well balanced, but I’m not sure they are poised to compete for much more than the division title. Midgets don’t scare anybody, but they have more talent than the Eagles right now.

if the Eagles can stay healthy on the O Line, they have a chance to win 6 games. That is a big if though. Last place schedule helps with 3 games. Woohoo!

4 hours ago, Senhorcook said:

Hurts doesn't have NFL starting talent and the defense….oh man, it’s going to suck. 4 wins at best. Eagles will ultimately be picking early in the first round of the draft next year.

Hurts doesn't have starting talent? I don't think he's going to be an NFL star but I do think in the right system (let's see if this one can be the right one) he can be a very good player! He can at the very least be average. And the defense sucks? Not sure why you think that to be honest. It's going to be better than last year. 

Hurts threw for 340 yards in two of his three starts. But that’s not even starting caliber now? Ran for 238 yards in his three starts. That’s a bunch of offense from a player with not much at all around him. Not only is he starting caliber. He lifts the whole team up! He’s a hard working blue collar leader!

I’m actually enjoying the infusion of youth. Sure, lumps are on the way. Some of these games are probably going to be ugly. But there is optimism found in that these young guys are going to improve and grow. Took on the biggest dead cap hit ever(I know it’s No Mas favorite tactic) …. there is no denying this team could use all that extra cap money to sign all kinds of talent.

Basically this year’s team was one foot in the hole before it even had a shot.

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Hurts threw for 340 yards in two of his three starts. But that’s not even starting caliber now? Ran for 238 yards in his three starts. That’s a bunch of offense from a player with not much at all around him. Not only is he starting caliber. He lifts the whole team up! He’s a hard working blue collar leader!

You love jumping the gun way much and he also threw 340 yards against two of the worst Ds in football last year and got completely destroyed by Dallas in the 2nd half. 

I think fans need to start in the middle and not the extremes lol. He isn’t starting caliber yet in 4 games and he isn’t a bust yet either. He is unknown that simple. 

17 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Come on man. Second contract is huge. You take that mega guaranteed money he got all day long!

Ham, I have no issue a player wanting to get paid as much as he can. But this is a business and players are fortunate to make millions of dollars doing what they love to do. That being said, I have absolutely no issue with Houston's stance here. Look, you signed a contract to play here. Honor it or resign. Add to this the off the field issues and Watson should keep his mouth shut. Acting like he is above this is childish and arrogant IMO.... Isn't there a conduct clause in all player's contracts? If so, Houston can void it if he is found guilty of any charge.

I wonder if Watson's agent even mentioned this to him......

Like I said, I want no part of him on my team.

9 hours ago, Senhorcook said:

and the defense….oh man

One of the best DL units in the NFL???? Improved secondary and LBs???? The D is looking like a bright spot for the season. Biggest issue with the D is the future lots of unknowns on young talent but this season should field a pretty good unit 

Two notes from training camp today is that Zech McPhearson is the starting corner with Slay on a rest day and Davion Taylor out for an extended period of time with a calf injury.

It will be interesting to see how the corners do in the preseason. My guess is that Slay and Nelson will not play much if at all, and that McPhearson, James and Jacquet will be on the outside. With Scott and Maddox almost locks to make it, I think those three are figthing for two spots. 

3 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Two notes from training camp today is that Zech McPhearson is the starting corner with Slay on a rest day and Davion Taylor out for an extended period of time with a calf injury.

It will be interesting to see how the corners do in the preseason. My guess is that Slay and Nelson will not play much if at all, and that McPhearson, James and Jacquet will be on the outside. With Scott and Maddox almost locks to make it, I think those three are figthing for two spots. 

Sounds like Mcphearson is having a strong camp. Would say Slay/Nelson/Mcphearson all but locks. 
Maddox and Scott both likely make it since they can play the slot(Scott from things I have read seems to be playing better so far in camp).

Real question would be do we keep a 6th CB??? Then how many S do we keep???? Wouldn’t shock me to see 11 DBs 6 CBs 5 S 

1 minute ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Real question would be do we keep a 6th CB??? 

I think keeping six is a no brainer, especially since Maddox can play safety. But it seems doubtful they keep seven. I think the battle is between James and Jacquet.

Im expecting a monster season from Josh Sweat I’ve been high on him since we drafted him and looks like he finally going to get the chance to start this coming season… 10+ sacks think he will be our best DE 

2 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Sanders has a bunch of drops this training camp. Not great.

Don’t like to hear it but I wasn’t expecting Sanders to be our primary pass catcher… I was hoping for Gains to step up but he seems invisible right now…

But with Kerryon and Scott should be fine. 

Quez has really seemed to turn it on since he got to camp have like that he has sounded like our 2nd best WR after Smith.

Still thinking we could target another WR through a trade or maybe after PS cuts. Seems like we have been dealing with quite a few injuries 

Archived