Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will be watching Howell for NC and Ridder for cincy today. Can someone tell me why the hell the NCAA schedules ridiculous blowout games? #4 Oregon vs Stonybrook? Really? With a 40.5 point line? Really? You trying to get the Stonybrook players killed? Ridiculous

1 hour ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Josh Sweat 3 year 40m extension 

Pretty huge. Glad for him. Super talented and just getting started I feel. On the other hand….gotta hope for a quality comp pick from losing Barnett….if he’s not traded.

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Will be watching Howell for NC and Ridder for cincy today. Can someone tell me why the hell the NCAA schedules ridiculous blowout games? #4 Oregon vs Stonybrook? Really? With a 40.5 point line? Really? You trying to get the Stonybrook players killed? Ridiculous

NCAA doesn’t schedule it the individual schools do.

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

NCAA doesn’t schedule it the individual schools do.

Suicide

SO, I am watching Ridder and I am seeing Jalen Hurts. Hurts goes down, you can plug this guy in and nothing changes. And for those that say "we don't need a QB" If Hurts went down, I hope you would be tickled pink to have our team led by Minshew. Just because we have a QB why do we stop adding talent?

3 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

SO, I am watching Ridder and I am seeing Jalen Hurts. Hurts goes down, you can plug this guy in and nothing changes. And for those that say "we don't need a QB" If Hurts went down, I hope you would be tickled pink to have our team led by Minshew. Just because we have a QB why do we stop adding talent?

It all depends at what expense. If Hurts is the guy for the future then you add talent around him rather than spending a high pick on a back up to Hurts. 

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

It all depends at what expense. If Hurts is the guy for the future then you add talent around him rather than spending a high pick on a back up to Hurts. 

We have 3 round 1's how often do we get that?? If Hurts goes down you want to go with Minshew in '22????(What would THAT expense be?) A draft pick costs virtually nothing and who cares who you surround Hurts with if he isn't there? We got LUCKY in '17 and that won't happen again. If not Minshew you're going to pay 50 million to Rodgers(or WIlson and Hurts sits anyway) and now you are right back where we were overpaying a QB in the latter 1/2 of his career, so there is no money for anything else

I know y'all are for Penn state,but that was the worst targeting call in NCAA history. Nothing like trying to ask a player to stop himself in mid air. Just AWFUL,how much are they paying the refs?

Tough task keeping Kittle in check. Hopefully they can limit his REC & YAC. 

7 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

We have 3 round 1's how often do we get that?? If Hurts goes down you want to go with Minshew in '22????(What would THAT expense be?) A draft pick costs virtually nothing and who cares who you surround Hurts with if he isn't there? We got LUCKY in '17 and that won't happen again. If not Minshew you're going to pay 50 million to Rodgers(or WIlson and Hurts sits anyway) and now you are right back where we were overpaying a QB in the latter 1/2 of his career, so there is no money for anything else

So now you're suggesting they invest a high round pick (first or second) to get another QB instead of adding talent? How did that work out for them on the field last time? Pretty much every team in the NFL is done for if they lose their starting QB. In fact although I'm not a Minshew fan I'd say he's probably one of the better back ups in the league. 

12 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I’m confused of what you are saying here if Hurts is the franchise guy the goal should be to surround him with as much talent possible. As far as backups go yes I’d be perfectly fine with Minshew honestly think Minshew is a pretty damn good QB low end starter caliber. 

Not sure what the Rodgers or Wilson thing has to do with anything that’s Hurts isn’t the guy type moves and if that’s the case the draft is definitely an option.

But ultimately will all come down to Hurts at least in my opinion if Hurts is the guy use the picks to build around him Minshew is a fine backup if Hurts isn’t the guy then found you a QB 

2 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I’m confused of what you are saying here if Hurts is the franchise guy the goal should be to surround him with as much talent possible. As far as backups go yes I’d be perfectly fine with Minshew honestly think Minshew is a pretty damn good QB low end starter caliber. 

Not sure what the Rodgers or Wilson thing has to do with anything that’s Hurts isn’t the guy type moves and if that’s the case the draft is definitely an option.

But ultimately will all come down to Hurts at least in my opinion if Hurts is the guy use the picks to build around him Minshew is a fine backup if Hurts isn’t the guy then found you a QB 

Wentz was the franchise guy too right? After a few injuries he wasn't the same and the Hurts pick doesn't look so bad now does it? If we have the picks,why not add to the QB room? At worst you have trade bait.It's not like a round 1 or early 2 QB is going to go to waste. In the same vein why isn't Fields starting in Chi town? Happy with our WR's(could add one),RB room looks ok. We have 5 picks in 2 rounds and I'm sure we'll get some nice players,why can't one be a QB? But like I said if you're happy with going into '22 with Minshew at the helm if something happened to Hurts, then so be it, but even you said he was a BACK UP. I see little downside to adding to/ taking a position that is the most expensive one on your roster to fill unless you'd rather pay Rodgers or Wilson 50 million. So why not CYA with another cheap rookie QB? Could even be another round 2 QB. I understand the "surround him" theory,but we have 4 other picks in 2 rounds which we usually DO NOT have in any other draft,so adding another QB is basically like a free pick. But.you;re probably right and we will wait and procrastinate until we have to be in panic mode like always.

9 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Tough task keeping Kittle in check. Hopefully they can limit his REC & YAC. 

We're going to have to outscore them(and we CAN do that). IDK who draws Kittle,but we are weak in the 8-12 yard range. I think they go to him often. If I am the 9ers,I am asking Kittle to head past the 12 yard area(aka extend his routes a little). If we can't get penetration on Jimmy,it's going to be a long day. Of course I wont get to see it cause the panthers game is on

8 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

much every team in the NFL is done for if they lose their starting QB

Not if you have two of them that play the same way. You don't even need to change the playbook lol

9 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Like this guys thinking!!!!

25 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

unless you'd rather pay Rodgers or Wilson 50 million.

Why would I be paying for either of these guys I have my franchise QB in Hurts in your scenario lol. This is like saying Chiefs/Cardinals go out and pay 50mil for Rodgers or Wilson to backup Mahomes/Murray.

27 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

but even you said he was a BACK UP

I said he is the backup I stated I think Minshew is at worst a low end starter caliber QB.

48 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Like this guys thinking!!!!

Greg Cossell?

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Not if you have two of them that play the same way. You don't even need to change the playbook lol

You build a roster that can support your QB. You don't constantly invest high talent in a QB to be your back up. 

Why would I be paying for either of these guys I have my franchise QB in Hurts in your scenario lol. This is like saying Chiefs/Cardinals go out and pay 50mil for Rodgers or Wilson to backup Mahomes/Murray.

If Hurts gets hurt who are you starting? Minshew

I said he is the backup I stated I think Minshew is at worst a low end starter caliber QB.

Welp if you're happy ,with low end,that's on you

Archived