Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

27 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

You're not my type

lmao GOOD!

Well………with or w/o hindsight why would you have taken Dak?

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/25/2021 at 10:39 PM, GreenbleedinNC said:

The first mistake was the round 2 pick in the 2020 draft

Yeah I’m going to disagree with you here. Too much to go into now. But we’ll definitely  go into.

49 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

lmao GOOD!

Well………with or w/o hindsight why would you have taken Dak?

At 135 why not? It's not that a high pick.It's in the area where you see talent,but you are taking a shot and accept the risk of the pick. We saw more talent where we took Hurts than Dak had where he was taken???(Yikes)  GL with your love story 👁️

23 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Yeah I’m going to disagree with you here. Too much to go into now. But we’ll definitely  go into.

Disagree all you want to,you're not changing my mind. I was giving Hurts until week 8,9 to show me he was the QB of our future. AlI have seen is CRAP(maybe a decent drive here or there but no consistency), lack of progress, still poor decisions, (when he decides to make one and act on it) rubberband arm, 1 read and run, a total waste of our WR's talents and I am doubting I will see major change in the next 2 weeks. I will however give him the next week or 2 max,but really my mind is made up now. We can do better and as long as we dwell on "well if we give him another 3 years he will grow to be mediocre" then count me out because for me the talent is NOT THERE. You can waste YOUR time if you want,but I won't. I have seen enough. Someday you will too. And I was pointing out even at 135 Dak had the raw talent to develop and Hurts simply doesn't compare to that. Hurts is a round 6 pick in my view

32 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Disagree all you want to,you're not changing my mind. I was giving Hurts until week 8,9 to show me he was the QB of our future. AlI have seen is CRAP(maybe a decent drive here or there but no consistency), lack of progress, still poor decisions, (when he decides to make one and act on it) rubberband arm, 1 read and run, a total waste of our WR's talents and I am doubting I will see major change in the next 2 weeks. I will however give him the next week or 2 max,but really my mind is made up now. We can do better and as long as we dwell on "well if we give him another 3 years he will grow to be mediocre" then count me out because for me the talent is NOT THERE. You can waste YOUR time if you want,but I won't. I have seen enough. Someday you will too. And I was pointing out even at 135 Dak had the raw talent to develop and Hurts simply doesn't compare to that. Hurts is a round 6 pick in my view

I’m going a little  further back in history for you than the Hurts pick.

I was not very understanding of us giving up

almst 80 percent completion rated against every Qb

43 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’m going a little  further back in history for you than the Hurts pick.

WHY do I care about the past??? Hurts is not in the past he is here and now

3 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Lmao just you love extremes…. That coach in NE tends to get the most out of nobodies and has for years they weren’t world beating talents hence why when they left NE they faltered…

Arians also did a hell of a job with an AZ team and a quarterback that many said was washed in Palmer and if I recall AZ completely fell off after he left…

But yea coaches don’t matter joe lmao again might as well just forgo coaches and tell Howie and the players to do it 

Right.. so why would you say Tampa is better than New England... is it coaching?  I think both coaches are good.  I think both coaches have struggled without the players.   

It's not extremes really.   In the 2008 vs 2009 Eagles defense discussion.   You downgrade from great to ok or even pretty good from JJ to McDermott.... you take away the best player , the leader, the most experienced, the play caller in the back, the best Blitzer, and the best playmaker.... and you replace him with average maybe below.  ... then you take a solid if not pretty good MLB..and you replace him with the typical garbage Eagles LB...  yeah those 3 things can make a defense go from pretty good to average.  Which 19 is average with 16-17 being the exact middle.   Other factors always go into it, like injuries,  depth , experience and how the other side of the ball does. 

For the current group... the coach is still a question IMO.  I don't think he will succeed here though.  Because what is not a question to me, the current roster blows.... especially the current gimmick QB.     I just hope the front office takes the brunt of the blame...     while sure, I was a fan of the previous QB, the bigger picture to me is how the organization convinced a good chunk of the media and fans that he was the problem.   And when good players want to leave your organization,  that is a problem.   Same with when Andy Reid is able to have better success when he leaves.

This " it's best for everyone if we go our separate ways"  when the result is this current Eagles team.... that's not best for us.   Something needs to change.   

The last time the Eagles were bad for an extended period of time was early to mid 80s.    Pretty much any fan that's under like 45 hasn't experienced this yet.  This idea " its the Eagles,  things won't be bad for long"  that myth is about to be shattered for the younger fans.   

13 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

The last time the Eagles were bad for an extended period of time was early to mid 80s.

No doubt a VERY depressing stretch of years to be a Birds' fan! :facepalm:

If things don't change in the FO I believe you are right. Could be in for a "Great Depression" era. Younger fans will be weeping in agony, "Oh the humanity!" LOL  😞

I’m looking at this Lions game if we continue to struggle on offense if make the QB change either during or next game.

And again to me this is way more a sign to judge Siri over Hurts… if the offense still look terrible and bland huge sign Siri might need to go along with Howie.

Next coach/GM then would have options 5 picks in the top 100, QB options in Hurts/Minshew or a rookie. 

2 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I’m looking at this Lions game if we continue to struggle on offense if make the QB change either during or next game.

And again to me this is way more a sign to judge Siri over Hurts… if the offense still look terrible and bland huge sign Siri might need to go along with Howie.

Next coach/GM then would have options 5 picks in the top 100, QB options in Hurts/Minshew or a rookie. 

Luries won't accept memos lol

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Luries won't accept memos lol

Wishful thinking on my end up all I can do at this point lmao…. Not sure how you can keep Howie after this season if we don’t show something… So to me Hurts experiment isn’t working turn to a new QB to get a good sense of Siri Minshew fits more of what Siri is used to and would want to run offensively…. If he is still terrible not only did Howie fail building the roster he failed getting a coach past history drafting is bad how can we trust him with such a huge draft for us? 

22 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Team Yugo is NOT winning any Nascar events

What about Team Brandon?

LETS GO!!!

1 hour ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Wishful thinking on my end up all I can do at this point lmao…. Not sure how you can keep Howie after this season if we don’t show something… So to me Hurts experiment isn’t working turn to a new QB to get a good sense of Siri Minshew fits more of what Siri is used to and would want to run offensively…. If he is still terrible not only did Howie fail building the roster he failed getting a coach past history drafting is bad how can we trust him with such a huge draft for us? 

After the Chip debacle I think Howie convinced Lurie he knew what he was doing because if you remember that was the first time Lurie gave away any authority other than to Howie. When that failed,Howie was basically set for awhile. Really, it's pretty difficult to MISS on the #2 overall pick rookie coach or not. Following that we saw Howie not keep a complete team around Wentz. Re-signing old guys, picking up basement bargains,not taking the BPA in drafts and now this is the result. But I doubt Lurie wakes up anytime soon. The beatings will continue until morale improves

18 minutes ago, matchew88 said:

What about Team Brandon?

LETS GO!!!

I'm not watching Nascar until they push morons car to the back of the pack

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

After the Chip debacle I think Howie convinced Lurie he knew what he was doing because if you remember that was the first time Lurie gave away any authority other than to Howie. When that failed,Howie was basically set for awhile. Really, it's pretty difficult to MISS on the #2 overall pick rookie coach or not. Following that we saw Howie not keep a complete team around Wentz. Re-signing old guys, picking up basement bargains,not taking the BPA in drafts and now this is the result. But I doubt Lurie wakes up anytime soon. The beatings will continue until morale improves

The Rams and us both missed on the first two picks. Happens plenty

12 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

The Rams and us both missed on the first two picks. Happens plenty

Wentz wasn’t a miss we failed him hence the success in Indy 

6 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

What success in Indy? He’s 3-4. A losing record. Wow! I thought we used to talk success was based on playoff victories. How far you have sunk BG.

8 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

We failed him by winning a Super Bowl with out him? We failed him by being an Alshon drop away from the NFC Championship Game….without him. He never won us even a playoff game.

5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

What success in Indy? He’s 3-4. A losing record. Wow! I thought we used to talk success was based on playoff victories. How far you have sunk BG.

Lmao with a 11-2 td-int ratio I love how you like to say it’s a team game not all on the QB the. Fault Wentz for being 3-4 

But it isn’t Hurts fault we are 2-5 terrible offense you want to blame everything else what a joke 

14 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

This just has me rolling. Winning a SB was peanuts compared to being 3-4……can’t make this sh17 up!

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We failed him by winning a Super Bowl with out him? We failed him by being an Alshon drop away from the NFC Championship Game….without him. He never won us even a playoff game.

Yea because him getting us a 13 win record before hand didn’t play a massive part of the SB clown 

1 hour ago, matchew88 said:

What about Team Brandon?

LETS GO!!!

The Marine who disarmed the thug in Arizona wore a lets go Brandon to get his award.

Too funny.

Archived