Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

1 hour ago, Asg 15 said:

Since Jackson tore his ACL it isn't likely he will be ready until at least midseason

Yeah he isn’t part of any plans at this point. Sit on the PUP/IR whatever….then we can try and activate him again if we need him. Just nothing materialized with this guy yet. Very injury prone PS player with upside is his I feel about him now.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Considering we use 1 TE primarily not that huge a deal figured Jackson was #3 behind Stoll anyway 

Didn’t forget Opeta wasn’t listing all the depth pieces I listed Driscoll and Herbig because you could realistically make a case for either guy to be the RG. 

We are the biggest users of two and three TE sets in the league. Think that’s because of the personnel available more than Siri’s preference.

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

WTF do the Saints problems have to do with the Eagles?

Exactly a reason for the Saints. Concerning us you don’t care.

2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

That's not what was said.  Hear what was said, without interpretation.   Don't make simple things complicated, like you are trying to find a way to think Hurts will be a legit QB but not cost us a boatload.   That isn't happening 

So what do you think he meant by keep moving? To me it’s obviously shifting and catch him. But let’s hear your interpretation of keep moving around? What is Bowles telling his guys with that? 

2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

I never said Hurts wasn't going to get a 2nd contract.  Again, this is the Todd Bowles planet Ham example where you just can't words to literally mean what they are.  

Yes...I don't think 30 or 50 mil will matter to Lurie.   He won't pat Hurts that based on his play so far.  

Im calling Bull@$it on the " Hurts is 15th best QB.   With the idea that if he legit is...  then he is going to be paid as such.   To me $30 mil or 50 million is the same...because either would show me Lurie thinks Hurts is the guy.    

But you haven't come back with a contract you think Hurts will sign ...  being the team player and taking the discount.   Just say the # you expect in 2024 that is a deal he would take as the 15th best QB?

You said it would be a victory for him to get a second contract. Just laughable. 

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm still not giving up a first for him. 

Me either

21 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

You said it would be a victory for him to get a second contract. Just laughable. 

Victory for anyone to get a 2nd contract in the Not For Long league is how I took it. 

24 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So what do you think he meant by keep moving? To me it’s obviously shifting and catch him. But let’s hear your interpretation of keep moving around? What is Bowles telling his guys with that? 

I'm not concerned with what Bowles meant...other than twice saying..." he can't read"   You can live in that world.  But if your boy is to get his $, he better learn how to read.  

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Exactly a reason for the Saints. Concerning us you don’t care.

Where did I say that? Once again lying to fit some off the wall narrative you have. You act like we are the only team in the league that makes bad contractual calls,or has alot of players out at one time. We made the playoffs because for once OTHER teams had lots out. The fact remains "He can't read" should be more of an issue to you than about anything else. Does that sound like a 15th ranked NFL QB to you???? SO we have a QB who "can't read",a WR who can't catch and you are worried about paying the guy that can't read to stick around to throw to the guy who can't catch-TOO funny

22 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Yes... that would be a success, getting a 2nd contract.   Most people won't earn that $ in their lifetime, I consider that a success.   Maybe you make that kind of money and find it laughable,  I'm not that privileged. 

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Where did I say that? Once again lying to fit some off the wall narrative you have. You act like we are the only team in the league that makes bad contractual calls,or has alot of players out at one time. We made the playoffs because for once OTHER teams had lots out. The fact remains "He can't read" should be more of an issue to you than about anything else. Does that sound like a 15th ranked NFL QB to you???? SO we have a QB who "can't read",a WR who can't catch and you are worried about paying the guy that can't read to stick around to throw to the guy who can't catch-TOO funny

I'm convinced Ham does not read posts.  Sees a few words and then goes back to planet Ham.

4 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Victory for anyone to get a 2nd contract in the Not For Long league is how I took it. 

Absolutely 💯 

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I'm convinced Ham does not read posts.  Sees a few words and then goes back to planet Ham.

IDK seems to me if the guy can't read,he's not worth 2 nickels in the NFL

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

I'm not concerned with what Bowles meant...other than twice saying..." he can't read"   You can live in that world.  But if your boy is to get his $, he better learn how to read.  

Definitely helps to know exactly what defense you are facing. That’s what makes Tom Brady….Tom Brady. Peyton Manning …..Peyton Manning. If every QB read every D perfectly they’d all be putting up 50 points a game. Even Brady gets fooled sometimes.

Well, put the play in and we’re respecting ‘seven bracket,'” Hurts said. "So basically, [Giants CB Xavier McKinney] from Alabama, he’s bracketing [WR Jalen] Reagor and they’re playing kind of in-and-out, right? But they’re in quarters, Cover 7. So, have to find the single, maybe. But in that play, what I was coached to do is go through it as a pure progression. Work the shallow to the running back coming, only throw that against a certain look. My shallow popped and McKinney fell off and shot through the ball after I threw the ball, so McKinney made a really good play and they busted the coverage back side, so he was wide open over there.

"So, my pre-snap look did not give me what I wanted, to throw the corner to [TE] Dallas [Goedert] but definitely looking after the fact, it’s easy to say, ‘Throw him the ball,’ but you’re going to miss some like that, you know? As a quarterback, you want to play on schedule and get the ball out on time and try your best to do that. Just trust your preparation and your reads and your progressions and you’re going to have guys that pop, but you have to try to stay on schedule and do those things. Those happen.”

Head coach Nick Sirianni agreed with Hurts’ assessment.

"Our alert was to Dallas versus a certain coverage,” Sirianni said. "It wasn’t that coverage, so now we read shallow to angle. That’s what he read, so his eyes aren’t there, so I’m not one bit concerned. When you give a quarterback, and you say to him — when you know their reads as a coach you don’t ever get on them when he misses something like that because it’s not a miss. His eyes went here to here and Dallas is only a pre-snap read.

Haters see and hear what they want. But I think it’s probably just a matter of oversimplifying. Some fans are thinking it’s a kindergarten level of reading defenses. Not understanding the complexities of the position. No DC would be any good if the QBs knew exactly what they’re doing all the time. Some comes down to players making plays. But I think several posters here just don’t have enough understanding of what takes place on the field in the NFL. Those posters do understand that the coach is talking to the QB in an earpiece up until like the last twelve seconds on the clock, right? So if a defense just lines up without shifting late the coach would be just as guilty of not reading the defense correctly, right?

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

It’s called….wait for it…..wait…..a little bit longer…..ughhhhhhhh…..coaching?

We had half our money not on the field for us this season. Your response to me was ….”you don’t give care.” But now you sing a sad song about how Payton was hurt by salary cap issues. Double standard stuff. They have a guy or two hurt. We have one of the best RG out and our best pass rusher out hurt. You speak like theirs is crippling while ours is a no factor. Your sympathetic and making excuses for all these other teams yet bashing us while dismissing the injuries and financials. Hypocritical point of view just to be negative against our team.

Double Nickle is a very rare defense that some teams utilize.

But go ahead and explain these quotes from Siri and Hurts if our QB1, you hate, isn’t reading any defenses.

Seems to me FL and No Mas you guys loved Wentz getting a mega contract and being QB1. How do you explain his massive amounts of sacks taken if he’s reading defenses so brilliantly? How could that even be possible? He’s back there holding the ball forever. Tom Brady gets it out in just over two seconds. Why don’t we see this from every QB? If you read the defense you know presnap where you are throwing it most of the time. At the least you are watching the player two receivers are splitting to see which guy he chooses to cover. The job of the OC is to create conflicts for the defense. What you even need DCs for? All these QBs know exactly what they are doing anyway. 
    Why do we hear defenses talking so glowingly about how Brady has seen it all and is so tough to disguise coverages? Isn’t that what every defensive coach and player says almost every time they have to face Brady? Why would that be such a big deal if every QB could read everything?

That would drop Brooks charge to roughly $6 million and defer $9.8 million in dead money to 2023.

I just love paying in 2023 for play of 2019.

My fault BG, I forgot Toth jacked up his knee. Not going to look like a good option for quite awhile.

Archived