Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

4 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Definitely helps to know exactly what defense you are facing. That’s what makes Tom Brady….Tom Brady. Peyton Manning …..Peyton Manning. If every QB read every D perfectly they’d all be putting up 50 points a game. Even Brady gets fooled sometimes.

The Tampa D has been giving up some decent amount of points...  yet they were only complicated against the Eagles?     I don't see it.   They were run blitzing and looking to shut down the bubble screens.   Our offense was limited due to the QB. 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s called….wait for it…..wait…..a little bit longer…..ughhhhhhhh…..coaching?

Wait for it... that's me waiting for Hurts to show the 2 skills that matter....find the open guy and make the throw.    I think we all wait one more year then we get a new QB. 

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

That would drop Brooks charge to roughly $6 million and defer $9.8 million in dead money to 2023.

I just love paying in 2023 for play of 2019.

I loved paying 30 million of dead money in 2017.    The roster needs 2 more good drafts...then we can start worrying about $$.    

But go ahead and explain these quotes from Siri and Hurts if our QB1, you hate, isn’t reading any defenses.

Don't think many of us concern ourselves with quotes.  That's your thing.    

43 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Correct! Are you kidding me? These guys CAN NOT think out loud. Just think of the stain it would make for PR if it was something negative. 

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

The Tampa D has been giving up some decent amount of points...  yet they were only complicated against the Eagles?     I don't see it.   They were run blitzing and looking to shut down the bubble screens.   Our offense was limited due to the QB. 

They won the SB with pretty much the same guys last year. So I call BS on Bowles and that D not being very talented. But you are probably referring to that they were missing Lb David, and rushers Barrett and Pierre Paul. Of coarse those guys were back in force for the playoff game against us. Is there a team better setup to stop us than their D? Niners maybe. But Suh and Vea inside. With White to Spy Hurts. Think Siri was way to respectful of them…..even though they are elite. Siri got away from our identity a bit. I can think of several just flat out bad playcalls by Siri. But yep, they run blitzed magnificently. Really got us. You see though, with the Scott run, if we beat that run blitz it’s going to be a massive play. I think Bowles was very good both games of hitting on problems for us. Basically, my opinion is, Bowles completely outcoached Siri. He’s a heck of a DC. HC quality coaching. D had some problems with Brady. Most D do. Our ST was atrocious also. Shank punts. His worst punting if the season. Let’s not forget Reagor muffing the punt. Never helps an offense(because they don’t even get on the field) for the returner to drop the punt.

But I’m definitely going to say that Bowles Defense was complicated and confused many….or even most. Big part of why they won the SB last year. Not sure why you even are questioning Bowles skills. I’d think you would be very familiar with him. One of the highest blitzing DC in the league. They were the two seed(after being a SB winning defense).So obviously his blitzing was working on many an offense. But he had a real good game plan(Siri not so much). His blitzing on the throwing hand side with a DE containing on the other side was a very good gameplan. This is something Hurts has to overcome. Clearly Bowles hit at his weak points. Good teaching moment. Hurts will have to prove he can beat that gameplan. Hurts seemed least comfortable with that penetration against the RT. Even when the pocket held it got him flustered enough to miss open receivers. To me that’s pretty standard stuff for young QBs  need yo overcome. Can Hurts adapt? We’ll see. Going to be a huge thing for him to work on and improve this offseason. Think most guys come into the NFL and the league figures out their weak points. How much players can overcome, compensate or even thrive in growth against their weakness is what make them as good they can be. I’d even go as far to say most guys don’t overcome their weaknesses. Their limitations are exposed….,everybody sees it so quickly at this level. The word gets out as soon as anybody exposed it.

Wait for it... that's me waiting for Hurts to show the 2 skills that matter....find the open guy and make the throw.    I think we all wait one more year then we get a new QB. 

Or…..our coaches coach. I believe everybody knows Hurts will put in the work. Siri needs to put the work in also. I think it goes hand in hand. Hurts and Siri both need to grow in their positions. Both are right there middle of the pack. Not a bad thing. They both are just getting started. Let’s see what they can do.

Yep, you’ll dismiss Hurts explains his reading the defense immediately following the game. Coach says exactly the same thing as far as the reads. But you’ll just run with a mic-ed up partial quote from a DC(even though the very next quotes are from Siri and Hurts describing how the assignment was blown pertains to the Bowles quote. 

Agenda….agenda….agenda. Bowles quote against Hurts is everything for you. Hurts and Siri quotes meaningless to you.

That was a big thing that was fueling plenty of this discussion was…..Bowles quote.

1 hour ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Correct! Are you kidding me? These guys CAN NOT think out loud. Just think of the stain it would make for PR if it was something negative. 

Except, this is a very frank and in depth quote from our QB breaking down how he is reading the defense. Siri quoted saying the reads were exactly the same as Hurts read it. What he wants his QB to read on this certain playcall. But the haters will run with Hurts can’t read a defense.

2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Third ranked run defense. Fifth ranked D in points allowed. But yeah, it was just us that had problems with them.

One more time, fifth…..5th ranked defense. Only complicated versus us though…..yeah right!

Yep, why actually listen to our coach and QB break things down to what they see. Especially when their quotes directly contradict your point of view.

The Bucs D pretty well owned us both games. Their O also. Think it’s a great learning experience. Young group(coaches and players). I’ve been believing that’s what we need. See how they respond……whoever comes back next year that is.

15 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We are the biggest users of two and three TE sets in the league

Mmmmm I don’t feel like this is accurate not since we moved Ertz when we had Ertz and Geodart sure 

5 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

The Bucs D pretty well owned us both games. Their O also. Think it’s a great learning experience. Young group(coaches and players). I’ve been believing that’s what we need. See how they respond……whoever comes back next year that is.

Every 9 win team owned us... except Trever Simien and the Saints backups.   So there should be a ton of learning going on for sure.

Broncos hired packers OC Hackett thi k that’s a good signing for them broncos need a QB but they have some pieces on O 

14 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Those posters do understand that the coach is talking to the QB in an earpiece up until like the last twelve seconds on the clock, right? So if a defense just lines up without shifting late the coach would be just as guilty of not reading the defense correctly, right?

It cuts out at 15 secs the fact you want to try to blame the coach for Hurts short comings is the real concern anything not to place blame on Hurts 

I can’t recall a player that get as many excuses as people want to give hurts for his short comings…. Damn sure didn’t give Wentz these excuses don’t recall MV or Mcnabb getting these excuses either. 

8 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Except, this is a very frank and in depth quote from our QB breaking down how he is reading the defense. Siri quoted saying the reads were exactly the same as Hurts read it. What he wants his QB to read on this certain playcall. But the haters will run with Hurts can’t read a defense.

1 read and run isn't "reading a defense". I can do that. Apparently your boy can't go through 3 reads and make a decision. So all those quotes were about how he read ONE player,what about the next 2 options?(Oh yeah, we never got that far)

10 hours ago, joemas6 said:

I loved paying 30 million of dead money in 2017.    The roster needs 2 more good drafts...then we can start worrying about $$.    

you'd think nobody here owns a credit card

28 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

you'd think nobody here owns a credit card

Hehe.

I haven't had a credit card for 30 years. Just a debit card.

Bears hired colts DC as new HC…. He is looking at our asst. Palluto to be his OC 

59 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

Hehe.

I haven't had a credit card for 30 years. Just a debit card.

Ditto

4 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Broncos hired packers OC Hackett thi k that’s a good signing for them broncos need a QB but they have some pieces on O 

Is that their ‘in’ for ARod?

4 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Mmmmm I don’t feel like this is accurate not since we moved Ertz when we had Ertz and Geodart sure 

It’s the truth. Weirdly, Siri didn’t start utilizing the two and three TE sets more until AFTER we got rid of Ertz. That’s what actually happened.

Archived