Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

11 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

It’s the truth. Weirdly, Siri didn’t start utilizing the two and three TE sets more until AFTER we got rid of Ertz. That’s what actually happened.

Post-Ertz I recall reading or hearing that during a game. 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Ditto

It's kept me out of trouble buying stupid stuff i really didn't need.

42 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

It’s the truth. Weirdly, Siri didn’t start utilizing the two and three TE sets more until AFTER we got rid of Ertz. That’s what actually happened.

Yet we ran over 60% of our snaps with 3 WRs on the field…. Even if we are one of the heaviest 2/3 TE teams we still run way more 1 TE then anything else 

52 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Is that their ‘in’ for ARod?

Doubtful pretty sure rodgers wasn’t that close to the OC or HC for that matter not saying they have problems but I don’t think they influencing where he goes 

45 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Because Ertz in a 2 TE set wasn't effective as a run blocker...which is the main purpose of 2 TEs.  To try to make the defense go big in fear of the run, then get a mismatch in the passing game.  But the opponent could stay in small due to Ertz being a non threat as a blocker. 

Broncos and Bears have hired HCs that leaves

Jags, Texans, Vegas, NY am I missing anyone else??? 

Texans are said to want a 2nd interview with Gannon. 

If we lose Patullo to the Bears they eyeing him for OC then Gannon gets hired by Texans he will likely takes coaches with him.

Wonder how Siri would respond to replace guys. 

1 hour ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Yet we ran over 60% of our snaps with 3 WRs on the field…. Even if we are one of the heaviest 2/3 TE teams we still run way more 1 TE then anything else 

That’s a low number for Eleven personnel when you think about it

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

That’s a low number for Eleven personnel when you think about it

But it also was thrown off by our high usage of eleven personnel early in the season. About the time we traded Ertz, like I said, we really ramped up our twelve and thirteen personnel looks. So our Eleven personnel was much lower than sixty percent the second half of the season. Of coarse we weren’t able to run much Ten personnel. So that narrows down the packages massively. Not like we even ran many two RB or FB and Tailback sets.

Doubtful pretty sure rodgers wasn’t that close to the OC or HC for that matter not saying they have problems but I don’t think they influencing where he goes 

Well he was MVP two seasons in a row with him.

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

Because Ertz in a 2 TE set wasn't effective as a run blocker...which is the main purpose of 2 TEs.  To try to make the defense go big in fear of the run, then get a mismatch in the passing game.  But the opponent could stay in small due to Ertz being a non threat as a blocker. 

Yep, AND the fact they were real clear that Goedert was TE1. That was a huge reason. Really would have created problems. Knowing we were trying to resign Goedert. 

Broncos and Bears have hired HCs that leaves

Jags, Texans, Vegas, NY am I missing anyone else??? 

Texans are said to want a 2nd interview with Gannon. 

Saints

If we lose Patullo to the Bears they eyeing him for OC then Gannon gets hired by Texans he will likely takes coaches with him.

I wasn’t thinking Patullo was very good anyway. Wasn’t he like passing game guy? Wasn’t real impressed with that aspect of our playbook. Some is on the young receivers. Some on the young QB. But felt like this part of the offense needs some fresh ideas. Pathetically underused motion. Seemed fairly predictable what we were doing. Not sure who all to blame with receivers crammed in the same spaces. Really bad spacing at times. Just made it too easy for them to defend.

2 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Coaching staff getting poached ... lots of criticism of this staff this year... maybe it was the players?

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Yep, AND the fact they were real clear that Goedert was TE1. That was a huge reason. Really would have created problems. Knowing we were trying to resign Goedert. 

Saints

Ertz and Goedert just were not a good mix. 

2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

If you remember they said Goedert couldn't block when he was drafted

2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

I think they were. But it was with Ertz as the TE1 and Goedert as the more blocker. Not good business for Goedert. He needs to be TE1 and have Stoll as TE2 so he doesn’t need to block as much. That way he gets his recognition and pay. The two staying here would have been good for us. But Goedert’s camp wasn’t having it. We had to choose. I agree with the choice we made.

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I think they were. But it was with Ertz as the TE1 and Goedert as the more blocker. Not good business for Goedert. He needs to be TE1 and have Stoll as TE2 so he doesn’t need to block as much. That way he gets his recognition and pay. The two staying here would have been good for us. But Goedert’s camp wasn’t having it. We had to choose. I agree with the choice we made.

They weren't a good mix,  because the sum wasn't as good as the individual parts.  They didn't produce together enough to justify having both.  Ertz works better as the receiving option in a 3 WR set, as he draws the 4th best cover guy or forces one of the top 3 to cover him and come off the WRs.    There is no advantage with him and another TE as the defense can matchup with a DB and not be at a disadvantage in the run game. 

8 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I thought ARod was pretty good with both of them. He was mad at their GM. Especially for drafting a QB when they were knocking on the door to win a Sb.

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

They weren't a good mix,  because the sum wasn't as good as the individual parts.  They didn't produce together enough to justify having both.  Ertz works better as the receiving option in a 3 WR set, as he draws the 4th best cover guy or forces one of the top 3 to cover him and come off the WRs.    There is no advantage with him and another TE as the defense can matchup with a DB and not be at a disadvantage in the run game. 

I think it totally works. Just need Ertz as the pass catching TE. Goedert was over that. He wants to be that guy. So it doesn’t work because of Goedert’s agenda. Before the season Siri made it very clear Goedert had to be TE1 to Ertz. 

5 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Coaching staff getting poached ... lots of criticism of this staff this year... maybe it was the players?

Who’s been poached?

There is plenty of reason to criticize and question these coaches. There were blatant and obvious mistakes made. Nobody is perfect. I believe it also takes time for a new coach….unlike most here. There also was a lack of personnel. Huge portion of the money wasn’t on the field this season.

38 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I think it totally works. Just need Ertz as the pass catching TE. Goedert was over that. He wants to be that guy. So it doesn’t work because of Goedert’s agenda. Before the season Siri made it very clear Goedert had to be TE1 to Ertz. 

It didn't really on the field though...before all the planet Ham stuff.  Didn't we post stats where ever though they used 2 TEs a lot,  the results weren't good. Much better when they only used one TE.  I saw that multiple times. 

24 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’m not disagreeing that Ertz is very good in a 3 WR set. He obviously is.

Correct,over his career he hasn't been good in 2 TE sets vs playing with 3 WRs. He is a pass catching threat, not much offering in the run game where the 2 TE set has the advantage.

Archived