Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m sure everybody here is tired of hearing this from me but…..Brady is first class with all the intangibles. 

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

I disagree...I think the 2016 results for Dallas was the fluke.  Their OL was completely dominant, never been close to that level since.   Regardless of " what some say"   ...as my dad always says...." some people are just idiots "

A very talented team….that you try and discredit for several years of being. It seems abundantly clear to me the problem rears it’s head in the postseason. When the first class coaching really shows.

Sean McDermott deserves a SB after the work he's done and being kicked out of Philly as a scapegoat. My top 3 gripes about the Eagles includes not having a succession plan after Johnson and let McDermott develop for a couple more years.

59 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’ve felt the Bills were arguably the best team now for a couple seasons. Think they should win it all this year.

Agree, they were missing a running game though.  OL struggled to run block recently, too much put on Allen.  The coin toss ended their season last year,otherwise really good chance they win it all.

Noooooooooo……Miles quoted saying "Oh man. We all feel like we're on an all-star team, so we feel great. We feel unstoppable, I'm not gonna lie.”

46 minutes ago, matchew88 said:

Sean McDermott deserves a SB after the work he's done and being kicked out of Philly as a scapegoat. My top 3 gripes about the Eagles includes not having a succession plan after Johnson and let McDermott develop for a couple more years.

Should have let McDermott grow. Then we did the same with Groh.

49 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Agree, they were missing a running game though.  OL struggled to run block recently, too much put on Allen.  The coin toss ended their season last year,otherwise really good chance they win it all.

Yeah, having the top ranked defense in many categories is very tough on a QB.

5 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

A very talented team….that you try and discredit for several years of being. It seems abundantly clear to me the problem rears it’s head in the postseason. When the first class coaching really shows.

Overrated... it's what Jerry does to make the money, best marketing team in the world.  

5 hours ago, matchew88 said:

My top one is that I'm about to be 50 and I have yet to see a pro bowl level QB and WR play together for a few years.  A pretty fundamental aspect of football ... a good passer and a good target...get them both and let them play together for a few years. 

Even an overrated team like Dallas seems to have that all the time. 

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Yeah, having the top ranked defense in many categories is very tough on a QB.

????   Offensively,  they haven't been able to run the ball... ask a Bills fan.  It's why Allen has to do everything for them.  If they fix that, I think they are the best team.  

Playing in that division has helped their defense when it comes to stats and rankings... the New England defense was like having a top 5 fantasy RB a few years ago. 

9 hours ago, joemas6 said:

????   Offensively,  they haven't been able to run the ball... ask a Bills fan.  It's why Allen has to do everything for them.  If they fix that, I think they are the best team.  

Playing in that division has helped their defense when it comes to stats and rankings... the New England defense was like having a top 5 fantasy RB a few years ago. 

Buffalo was sixth in rushing last season

Sixth in rushing and the best defense….poor QB

21 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Definitely think need a more in-depth look at the bills rushing attack.

Singleton the top rusher on the bills gave them 51 yards a game rushing on avg.

To compare the Eagles Sanders gave just under 63 yards and Howard gave you 58. Sanders in 5 fewer games only had like 120 yards less then Singleton who played in all 17.

# 2 and #3 RBs for the Bills Moss and Breida gave them 27 yards and 14 yards 

To compare again Scott our #3 guys 23 yards a game Gains 18 yards. 

Definitely be more interested in seeing what just the RBs did for teams taking away the extra help some QBs give in the rush department. 

Can Howell overtake Heinkie for the backup role with Wash? Will Howell play this season?

43 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Definitely think need a more in-depth look at the bills rushing attack.

Singleton the top rusher on the bills gave them 51 yards a game rushing on avg.

To compare the Eagles Sanders gave just under 63 yards and Howard gave you 58. Sanders in 5 fewer games only had like 120 yards less then Singleton who played in all 17.

# 2 and #3 RBs for the Bills Moss and Breida gave them 27 yards and 14 yards 

To compare again Scott our #3 guys 23 yards a game Gains 18 yards. 

Definitely be more interested in seeing what just the RBs did for teams taking away the extra help some QBs give in the rush department. 

They averaged 4.8 yards a carry. We averaged 5.0 for comparison. 

They made some key additions to arguably the most talented team. Drafted RB Cook and CB Elam. Von Miller brought in.

AFC East got better though. Miami obviously stepped things up big time expecting to add Brady. Jets have clearly improved.

Jets drafted Apple Sauce Gardner, WR Wilson arguably the top pass catcher and Jermaine Johnson in the first and still got arguably the best RB Breece Hall in the second. I mean….what a draft for the JETS!

24 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

They averaged 4.8 yards a carry. We averaged 5.0 for comparison. 

That’s true Allen avg. little more then 6 yards a carry take him away what do they look like. When talking the help you can’t add in what the QB does with them. 

Bills had 461 carries Allen counted for 122 of those. They had 2209 rush yards Allen counted for 763 yards.

We take those away Bills ran 339 times for 1446 yards. Which is just under 4.3 yards a carry. Not terrible but not great either. 

To be fair we had 550 rushes 2715 yards minus 139 rushes and 784 yards for hurts.

411 rushes for 1931 yards Just under 4.7 yards 

Another think to note even without Hurts we would still be top 13 rush team pretty far drop sure from #1 but you take away Allen from the Bills and they are a bottom 3 rushing team.

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Really?    Again, ask Amy Bills fan about their rushing (non Allen ) you'll get the real story.

Atlanta was 31st in rushing last year..

Their RBs ran for 1360 yards ... the Bills RBs ran for 1343 yards. 

Context matters. Not really a hard concept to grasp.   People who don't use the stats within context are lazy.    Stats themselves don't tell the whole story.  An example, Singletary, much like Sanders,has a big run or two to make his average look good.  But any Bills fan will tell you, their run game was very ineffective as far as scoring or running out the clock.   They relied on Allen to do everything.  

Context matters. Not really a hard concept to grasp.   People who don't use the stats within context are lazy.    Stats themselves don't tell the whole story.  An example, Singletary, much like Sanders,has a big run or two to make his average look good.  But any Bills fan will tell you, their run game was very ineffective as far as scoring or running out the clock.   They relied on Allen to do everything.  

40 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Another think to note even without Hurts we would still be top 13 rush team pretty far drop sure from #1 but you take away Allen from the Bills and they are a bottom 3 rushing team.

Surprised their would be 2 teams worse.  Wonder if you took both Allen and the WR rushing stats away. 

24 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Really?    Again, ask Amy Bills fan about their rushing (non Allen ) you'll get the real story.

Still doesn’t explain the dominant defense

Archived