Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

10 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Still doesn’t explain the dominant defense

Again...   we both agree Buffalo could be the best team in the league.   My point remains... their running game ( without the QB ) is an issue.    

My explanation... they have a good defense and a great QB... very good pass blocking OL, and very good receiving targets.   

Those reasons are why they are a top team in the league.. . If they can hand the ball off to RBs and have any success , they can easily be the best team in the league. You follow

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me... if the Sixers had a bench they could win a championship 

Ham: well then tell me why Joel Embiid is so great.

Me= WTF 

Your typical conversation on this board.

Me = the Chargers moved to LA for money reasons 

Ham: No Mas are you saying LA has a better zoo than San Diego?

20 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Those dang running QBs justill a team though

Allen isn't a good enough passer for you?   Hurts in your opinion is anywhere close to Allen as a passer?

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Those dang running QBs just kill a team though

A good Running QB helps any team. Problem is when they get hurt. Then the teams suffers. RG1, Newton, Cunningham, Vick, Culpepper and others were great runners! Problem is when they got hurt....

4 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Again...   we both agree Buffalo could be the best team in the league.   My point remains... their running game ( without the QB ) is an issue.    

My explanation... they have a good defense and a great QB... very good pass blocking OL, and very good receiving targets.   

Those reasons are why they are a top team in the league.. . If they can hand the ball off to RBs and have any success , they can easily be the best team in the league. You follow

I do follow. I see your point. Believe they are the best anyway. Hard for anybody to have everything in today’s NFL. A point more fans need to realize.

Our Oline had some struggles pass blocking but thrived when we unleashed them run blocking. Well that and just experience…along with Lane getting his head straight. Or some fans believe our opponents just got so easy it made our Oline look good.

4 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Me = the Chargers moved to LA for money reasons 

Ham: No Mas are you saying LA has a better zoo than San Diego?

San Diego Zoo is incredible. Polar Bear ate somebody the week after I was there many years ago. Well attacked them…not completely ate them hahaha

Allen threw for 2,074 yards with 10 TDs with 12 interceptions his first season

I do follow. I see your point. Believe they are the best anyway. Hard for anybody to have everything in today’s NFL. A point more fans need to realize.

I agree in thinking they are the best team...  not disagreeing that it's hard for a team to have everything.     My point was a simple one... has nothing to do with anything else except the fact that Buffalo struggled to run the  ball with their RBs.  Just that one and only point I was making the whole time.

Sometimes people actually say what they mean about just one thing without implying anything else.

" I'm simply implying that at present Col. Markinson is dead"

Correct... that's why the 2017 Eagles had the best roster and dominated from start to finish ....despite Mills and Darby.   Because there are so many aspects to a football roster.... still it's legit to point out the Buffalo running game and the Eagles CBs in 2017. 

1. Jalen Ramsey, L.A. Rams
  2. Xavien Howard, Miami Dolphins
  3. J.C. Jackson, L.A. Chargers
  4. Marshon Lattimore, New Orleans Saints
  5. Trevon Diggs, Dallas Cowboys
  6. Denzel Ward, Cleveland Browns
  7. Kenny Moore II, Indianapolis Colts
  8. Tre’Davious White, Buffalo Bills
  9. A.J. Terrell, Atlanta Falcons
  10. Marlon Humphrey, Baltimore Ravens

The listing by CBS of Corners. Many Eags fans aren’t happy with being snubbed. I’m not sure I can really complain though. Those ten guys are really good corners.

16 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

The listing by CBS of Corners. Many Eags fans aren’t happy with being snubbed. I’m not sure I can really complain though. Those ten guys are really good corners.

Why are we snubbed? Those guys are better than anyone we have. 

2 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Peter King ranks us 4th in the NFC

I didn't look...but I'm thinking Tampa, Green Bay and LA are the 3 ahead of us... which seems right with all these offseason moves.   I believe he stated that's with Hurts playing a C- level.  Which I agree.   We should take the next step and win a playoff game this year.

OK -  So Let's assume Hurts throws for 3600 yards with 22 TD's and 7 INT's. Is this good enough for you to keep him with a new contract? Because if he accomplishes all of this, he would have won you cash betting the over in Las Vegas for TDs and yards....

My point is, no one is expecting him to light up the field with his arm. This is with a superb supporting cast.......

37 minutes ago, stine said:

OK -  So Let's assume Hurts throws for 3600 yards with 22 TD's and 7 INT's. Is this good enough for you to keep him with a new contract? Because if he accomplishes all of this, he would have won you cash betting the over in Las Vegas for TDs and yards....

My point is, no one is expecting him to light up the field with his arm. This is with a superb supporting cast.......

You said running QBs get hurt.  Perhaps his predicted #s are based on him not playing all 17 games?     But I'm not worried about his #s... I'm looking at the points the Eagles put up as a team.   All the rushing TDs..  defensive scores and field goals all factor in.  

12 hours ago, joemas6 said:

I didn't look...but I'm thinking Tampa, Green Bay and LA are the 3 ahead of us... which seems right with all these offseason moves.   I believe he stated that's with Hurts playing a C- level.  Which I agree.   We should take the next step and win a playoff game this year.

This where I’ve been hoping we fit. Felt we moved solidly into the second tier. Cowboys and Cards are with us. Niners are deservedly ahead us at this point though.

Feels like Jimmy G and Baker Mayfield will move into teams on the NFC side. Panthers can be fairly dangerous if they get some QBing. Not sure how far that gets Seattle. Saints have a very talented team minus the Qb position. Don’t think they have any cap room to hardly manipulate though.

Archived