Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

55 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

It's what happens when you handle the cap better, you can add, while the other team losses players.

That’s what happens when you have a team all in that was going for it….while we rebuilt

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are tagging guys and overpaying Dak. While we are paying guys four years after they ever step foot on the field for us.

Hi gang,happy 4th to everyone

9 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

They are tagging guys and overpaying Dak. While we are paying guys four years after they ever step foot on the field for us.

Which team has had more success?  In what year has Dallas advanced further than us?   

You getting the point yet?   Dallas has gotten usage from every player they sign.  But the fact that they overpay, Hurts them worse... than the Eagles method of doing it.... even when the Eagles get limited usage after signing a bunch of players to big deals.   

Pure cap handling...only from a cap perspective.... Eagles absolutely smoke Dallas.  Dallas can't go all in, because they can’t sign free agents.  They draft to replace players they lose,not to add as final pieces of the puzzle.  Same cycle over and over.... needing to overhype the new players to market to the fans.

To me it’s all about them having bad head coaching with Coach Clap and McCarthy. Not because they haven’t been talented.

We make room by taking on dead money for players that won’t play. Then sign guys by backloading and paying them three years from now for play of today. 

We are paying Malik Jackson now, cap wise. Bradbury got signed on what we’ll pay in 2024.

27 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

To me it’s all about them having bad head coaching with Coach Clap and McCarthy. Not because they haven’t been talented.

Right...because to you...you can't bring yourself to understand how Dallas method of handling contracts and cap is wrong.    Maybe put yourself in Dallas fans shoes.   Being that you are an " expert" in talent evaluation.   Imagine never being able to tweak the roster to finish the job and get missing pieces.    That's what Dallas fans go through each year.

"Man if we had a safety.. if we had a TE...if we had a 2nd CB.... if we had a 2nd pass rusher..  if we had some depth on the OL or interior DL.... etc.

What Dallas has had ... legit stud NFL WRs ... to open up the game for everyone else.  They have had one stud CB.   They have had one stud pass rusher.  They have had the "stars"  the flash...   they never have the meat, the depth...etc. 

And it comes out in the playoffs vs good teams, when their stars get canceled by the other team.

I think what comes out in the big games is superior coaching. Same reason ARod only earned one title under McCarthy. He’s not a very bright guy. Shouldn’t be a HC. Garrett fooled plenty into thinking he was something…what I’m not even sure. But I feel confident he’ll never be a SB winning HC.

39 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We are paying Malik Jackson now, cap wise. Bradbury got signed on what we’ll pay in 2024.

Right... Eagles all the bad contracts...   so look at the offseason moves...why were Eagles able to add players and Dallas had to lose them?   Really the obvious reason ... Eagles method of handling cap is better.   Since we know they obviously don't draft better or pick guys to pay better than Dallas.   It has to be something.

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I think what comes out in the big games is superior coaching. Same reason ARod only earned one title under McCarthy. He’s not a very bright guy. Shouldn’t be a HC. Garrett fooled plenty into thinking he was something…what I’m not even sure. But I feel confident he’ll never be a SB winning HC.

Great... I think when it comes to multiple offseasons and why Dallas can never add players...  must be cap management.   

No argument about Dallas coaching..  IMO though, I have always thought Dallas rosters to be overrated..  football you need a lot of players, not just a few high profile stars.   Dallas hasn't had that roster in a long time.  

First step....get me a roster of good players.... 2nd step is coaching them.   

Gotta handle the cap well as part of putting together the roster.   I feel drafting is the most important,  but cap management might be right there as well.   Hard to win without adding some finishing pieces in free agency.  New England and Denver are 2 organizations that probably won due to free agency more so than their drafting.   

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

Great... I think when it comes to multiple offseasons and why Dallas can never add players...  must be cap management.   

No argument about Dallas coaching..  IMO though, I have always thought Dallas rosters to be overrated..  football you need a lot of players, not just a few high profile stars.   Dallas hasn't had that roster in a long time.  

They had tons of LB. Good Pass rushing. Playmaking Corner. Decent S. Some rated their Oline above ours. Top RB. Very good backup RB. Tons of WR. A couple good TE. QB we could all debate. Looked like the best team in the entire league through the first half of the season.

Had. Let's start talking about the upcoming season. Peeps are driving me nuts, 200 pgs about what Hurts was, when all we can really do is see things play out. Personally I believe Hurts worked hard in the odd season. Timing won't be a problem. We're improved all over and hey - we have LB's and it seems we're actually gonna use them! I'm seeing us vying for the NFC. If I lived in the past I'd be miserable too. Looking forward I see a lot of promise, esp if we can sign some of these short termers.

Totally Vinyl Records || Jethro Tull - Living in the past / Driving ...

Washington paid Scary Terry 3 years 71m Also got 28m signing bonus largest ever for a WR 

Dumb. That's what you'd pay a guy when you're on the cusp. Interesting tho as it shows how dumb their FO still is and prolly going forward. Reminds me of the good side od Howie, although I believe he holds too much control

Cowboys were 13-3 then Zeke got suspended the next season aiding us in winning it all.

A lot about building an SB contending team is about timing. Granted our last one was weird - we shouldn't have won the division!  By timing  

I mean having everyone in place all around - players, contracts, coaching. TB12 would not have won w/o Belicheat.

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

They had tons of LB. Good Pass rushing. Playmaking Corner. Decent S. Some rated their Oline above ours. Top RB. Very good backup RB. Tons of WR. A couple good TE. QB we could all debate. Looked like the best team in the entire league through the first half of the season.

The teams you play matter.   They have the flash on the roster for sure.  Never a complete one IMO.   We can debate that, everyone has an opinion.  

The facts remain though,they have not had the cap space to make as many moves as the Eagles.    Making better moves is a totally different conversation. 

20 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Cowboys were 13-3 then Zeke got suspended the next season aiding us in winning it all.

I disagree...I think the 2016 results for Dallas was the fluke.  Their OL was completely dominant, never been close to that level since.   Regardless of " what some say"   ...as my dad always says...." some people are just idiots "

I used to bit*ch about the Pats cause they had such an easy div. Part of the prob w/ the NFCE is we beet the crap out of each other. No proof but I imagine we;re actually the toughest, hardest hittind, most blue collar div in the league. I kinda like that, maybe I'm just imagining that, but it rings true. TB12 nor the Pats have beaten an NFCE team in the SB, not even the lowly NYGnats, twice when they were 9-7!  No team scares me this yr.. I believe we can beat any team on any given day this yr - period! Not to say we're great, but we really are a pretty well put together team w/ some of that " wierd scince " - like the QB and #1 WR knowing each other. Why not?

I’ve felt the Bills were arguably the best team now for a couple seasons. Think they should win it all this year.

AFC West is stacked. Raiders look dangerous. Obviously the Broncos think Wilson is the missing piece. Was the Cheetah the main weapon in KC? Or is it Mahomes? Chargers have sooooo much talent. They haven’t achieved ANYTHING yet though.

Seperate note: Very interesting hearing the old Pats players dogging out Jimmy G.

I've been hearing them dogging out TB12, saying it was more about Belicheat - and i can believe that. I've watched Brady and personally I really never saw anything amazing.

Archived