Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

I wouldn't want to come here if I were him either.  The money thing shouldn't be an issue starting next year, but the lack of talent will be.  He'll be throwing to JJAW instead of Metcalf??  lol

I remember after the SB giys would take less to play here. We sure F'd that up 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't want to come here if I were him either.  The money thing shouldn't be an issue starting next year, but the lack of talent will be.  He'll be throwing to JJAW instead of Metcalf??  lol

Welp, thats next year. We need to get through 2021 first with some semblance of respectability. By then he will be signed by someone(Hawks or whomever),so next year should be out too because at his age, he's not signing a "show me" contract

6 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

How do you know Trask has the same ceiling as Hurts? Do we even know what Hurts ceiling is???? So let's ignore guys because they have no ceiling like round 6 Brady? Seems foolish to me

Well most say Hurts does not have "an NFL arm".  The same is said about Trask and that is the main reason why he isn't considered among the top QBs.  I honestly don't know much about him other than what I read so my comments are based on the opinions of others that have watched him.  But I do stand by my earlier comment that IF we were to go QB then may as well target an elite prospect.  Someone with elite arm strength.  Someone that has the confidence to and can throw the ball accurately into a tight window against press-man coverage.  Someone that can throw the ball with touch over the heads of defenders while putting it in a place where only his receiver can grab it.  That's what I want ... I just don't know who fits that complete description.  

7 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Someone that has the confidence to and can throw the ball accurately into a tight window against press-man coverage.  Someone that can throw the ball with touch over the heads of defenders while putting it in a place where only his receiver can grab it.  That's what I want ... I just don't know who fits that complete description.  

Zach Wilson. He has an nfl caliber arm... one of the biggest things they talk about with him is his ability to throw with timing and anticipation. They also talk about his moxie and how he doesn’t shrink in the big moments 

Mac Jones has be intrigued as well since his biggest thing is accuracy doesn’t have a huge arm though. But big praise for his ball placement ability. 

A good article on the salary cap.

Cancel that garage sale: Eagles’ salary cap situation not as bleak as it first appeared (inquirer.com)

I would think they would trade Ertz, Kelce and Dillard if there are any takers (and if Kelce wants to go). They will restructure/extend Graham and Cox. Barnett is the big question mark. I would think about cutting him and trying to resign him if he doesn't get a monster deal on the open market.

Well most say Hurts does not have "an NFL arm".  The same is said about Trask and that is the main reason why he isn't considered among the top QBs.  I honestly don't know much about him other than what I read so my comments are based on the opinions of others that have watched him.  But I do stand by my earlier comment that IF we were to go QB then may as well target an elite prospect.  Someone with elite arm strength.  Someone that has the confidence to and can throw the ball accurately into a tight window against press-man coverage.  Someone that can throw the ball with touch over the heads of defenders while putting it in a place where only his receiver can grab it.  That's what I want ... I just don't know who fits that complete description.  

Define "NFL arm" please . What is the "cut off point"? What is the minimum criteria for an "NFL arm"?

5 hours ago, joemas6 said:

DC,  Welcome back my man, hope all is well.  

Yeah things are pretty good, thank you. Hope all is well with you.

How about an "NFL brain" or "NFL durability" ? I guess I am too stupid to know what an "NFL arm" is. Some guys throw farther, other guys are more accurate, some are better decision makers, some are durable. IMO a QB should score TD's and I don't care how you get that done

1 hour ago, jsb235 said:

would think they would trade Ertz, Kelce and Dillard if there are any takers (and if Kelce wants to go). They will restructure/extend Graham and Cox. Barnett is the big question mark. I would think about cutting him and trying to resign him if he doesn't get a

Kielce have to question if he retires or not he is definitely thinking about it.... Dillard I wouldn’t move yet we don’t know anything about him he played decent as LT his rookie year. I’d let him compete with Mailata for the starting job.

Ertz is gone whether traded or cut. 

Id rather not extend Graham but likely won’t have any other option with his contract as it stands .

I’d think we would want to redo Slay good CB but 15m cap hit good mmmm. 

Lane could be another guy that gets extended to aid the cap. 

9 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

So you're going to sacrifice the other 52 guys because you have no QB if Hurts goes out? I don;t want to be on this team either then if there is no plan for success,rebuild or not

Neither did the Mrs you keep on referencing... nor did the former coach either... this is the big picture issue I have been talking about.  The real problem.

10 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

So you're going to sacrifice the other 52 guys because you have no QB if Hurts goes out? I don;t want to be on this team either then if there is no plan for success,rebuild or not

The plan for rebuild should be to add the most talented players possible and not with 2021 as the primary focus.  Need to have the longer view in mind and realize it is going to take a couple/few seasons minimum to build back up to being a legit contender IF we do this right.  

44 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

You can now have Tanqueray without the alcohol.

The 191-year-old gin company introduced its booze-free option to fans on Thursday, which has been named Tanqueray 0.0%.

Off topic but eactly what is the point?

Kinda like trying to breed with 2 sterile dogs

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

The plan for rebuild should be to add the most talented players possible and not with 2021 as the primary focus.  Need to have the longer view in mind and realize it is going to take a couple/few seasons minimum to build back up to being a legit contender IF we do this right.  

But if Trask is the most talented at 38 noone wants him lol

2 hours ago, Asg 15 said:

You can now have Tanqueray without the alcohol.

The 191-year-old gin company introduced its booze-free option to fans on Thursday, which has been named Tanqueray 0.0%.

Off topic but eactly what is the point?

We could discuss it over an O'Douls lmao

1 hour ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Kinda like trying to breed with 2 sterile dogs

LMAO

8 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

But if Trask is the most talented at 38 noone wants him lol

I suppose we could find ourselves in that situation (where he is the top rated player left on the board at 37 ... it looks like we flip flip with Cincy in round 2 and pick 37 with them picking right after us), but you know how these things go and rarely when we get past the top 10 have the top ranked players been plucked ... there are always some that fall either slightly (due to the needs of the teams making the pick) or significantly (character concerns, poor combine, etc.).  So what do YOU do if when pick 37 rolls around and players like Samuel Jr or Bateman or Paye (players that are widely ranked higher) are sitting there (which you know some will)?  

If we do take Trask I wouldn't love it but I would hope that because he worked previously with our new QB coach Johnson that he'd be able to get the best out of him.  But will it be good enough or will we end up with 2 QBs with limited ceilings that will only be able to take this team so far but not be good enough to take us on deep playoff runs?  That is why I would prefer to target an elite prospect IF we decide to go QB (but that can be next year - doesn't have to be 2021).  

17 hours ago, jsb235 said:

It's odd that you keep trying to have a "Hurts isn't as good as Wentz at his very best" discussion that no one else is having.

No one thinks Hurts is as good as Wentz was when he was at his best. 

I didn't bring it up... you following the conversation or showing an agenda?

17 hours ago, time2rock said:

Not a good draft for top end DE talent, that's for sure.  If we take a DE at 6 we are sticking with a broken philosophy and merely filling a need leaving better prospects on the board.  I'm so tired of Howie drafting for a need (last year it was SPEED so he takes Reagor over a much better prospect in Jefferson) and ignoring the fact that better players are there for the taking.  

Idk if it's so much " need" as much as prioritizing the positions to the extreme. I agree with prioritizing the positions to a certain extent when building the roster, but I'm not passing up Ray Lewis or Troy Palamalu types just to take a position that they prioritize.  30 years or so, there had to be a few times where LB, S, TE or RB was the best player at their first pick? 

14 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I didn't bring it up... you following the conversation or showing an agenda?

Joe, I think this is all a misread from GB's original post. He was comparing Hurts 4 games to Wentz's first 4 games of 2020. He was trying to use same team for the comparison. You misread this and posted stats from Wentz's first 4 original starts in 2016. Anyway, that is how I took it. I could be wrong lol, won't be the last time for sure not the first..

17 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Seems to me Ertz goes away and 1/3 of our offense is 2 TE sets. Like Goedert fine,but he's not TWO. Besides that Pitts can be used any number of ways(like a WR even) 2 birds one stone,1 pick

But we have a new coach and offense.  And I don't think they were so much into 2 TEs as much it was putting the best players on the field... looking at our WRs, was it a shock to want to put out 2 TEs as much as possible? 

16 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Well we dont have the loot,so why would he want to come here?(He chose teams that win and have the loot to pay him?)

I see this idea playing out with multiple players over the next few years, especially the last part.

Speaking of our Wide receivers, Wonder if we are underestimating them a bit. Biggest question is Reagor good enough to be a #1? He was drafted in the first round, so we should assume that was the goal for the Eagles. Fulgham seems more than capable to be a #2. Thinking new coaching staff will utilize him better. Ward is OK. JJAW is a ? So is Hightower and Watkins. So, how does Howie & Co. go into this draft? Do they feel Reagor will become what they envision? If so, I could easily see them go Pitts or Parsons or even a CB at 6. Because everyone keeps pointing out that the Eagles never go LB in the first, I now think that maybe Pitts is the guy they are eyeing. Of course a QB is always a possibility..... I hope not lol

15 minutes ago, stine said:

Joe, I think this is all a misread from GB's original post. He was comparing Hurts 4 games to Wentz's first 4 games of 2020. He was trying to use same team for the comparison. You misread this and posted stats from Wentz's first 4 original starts in 2016. Anyway, that is how I took it. I could be wrong lol, won't be the last time for sure not the first..

GB said what if Hurts was QB back when Wentz started .. that he put up the same stats as Wentz ( in his first 4 games ... 2016) did with a worse team in his first 4 games in 2020.  I was pointing out the stats weren't close... and the 2016 roster at the WR was Huff, Matthews and Huff.   People love Sanders so much too, that I assume that they think he is better than Ryan Matthew's at RB?  Idk, I want Hurts to get his shot too, I think the sooner we see him and figure out he is the wrong guy, the better for moving forward.  But get him more help than you did the previous guy,  so either way it's set up better for him or the next guy.  Idk about 5 wins like you are seeing this year,  but my point has been that it gets worse going forward with those vets getting older after this year.  Not only do you need to add to this group, but you also need to replace these vets. Its a lot of work to do on this roster. 

17 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Now I am curious as to what Dullaz Does about Dak lol(UGH)

You'd think they have to be a bit more hesitant to pay Dak after watching Goff and Wentz get dealt.  

Archived