Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

14 hours ago, Asg 15 said:

How bad does your salary cap situation have to be that you can't tender a friggin punter?

Tendering him at the lowest level would cost $2.24M - cap situation aside, that's quite a bit for a punter that has ranked 30th in 2018, 31st in 2019, and 23rd in 2020 (PFF rankings). 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, stine said:

So do the Eagles have 3 QBS ranked above Pitts, Chase and Sewell? I do not think they will draft another OT at 6 so my feeling is they go Pitts if he is on the board

It depends who they have ranked high at QB. Just because it is the 3 rd QB taken doesn’t mean they have 3 guys higher then those guys. As for OT think if super likely we go OT at 6. It’s the Eagles bread and butter they believe building inside out. This is apparently a strong OL class with now talks of 3 OT in the top 15 been seeing a lot in the top 10 lately.

If we want to ride with Hurts the most important thing would then be protecting him and we had one of the worst OL in football last year.

1 hour ago, stine said:

They are getting rid of Ertz so TE is a Position of need

Except we have Goedart in the wings it to me is way less a need then LT who we have Mailata maybe he will be good maybe he is avg. or bad 

If the plan is Hurts shouldn’t #1 goal be to protect him. 

31 minutes ago, time2rock said:
18 hours ago, stine said:

Or he'll draft a DL like Paye who is more a 15-20 level talent and still have us shaking our  head.  

Saying OL is the next likely thing after QB in my eyes especially with two guys climbing boards Darrisaw and Slater. 

Good bad right wrong Eagles highly value the lines and QB. We are in the top 10 had a bad OL and one QB on roster. Lurie had a terrible season last year what do I see all this equaling? Eagles going back to the core belief of building inside out.

If they don’t like a QB(or can’t get there QB)or really believe in Hurts then the next thing in my eyes is protecting the QB which.

36 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Have to consider teams like Carolina that need a QB and may not cost as much to move up (since they are picking 8th).  They could fear we are going to take a QB and want to leapfrog us ... it would only cost a 3 and a 4 to move up to 5.  Or they could roll the dice and hope their guy falls to them.  But it wouldn't be a complete surprise if 3 go before us.  

If it is cheaper for a team to move up why would Philly move up then??? I’d much rather move up give up 6 and a 3rd or 4th this year to secure my QB I like over maybe Hurts is the guy or maybe there is guy next year and maybe we are in position to get him. 

Again it all starts with how they view Hurts and the QBs in this class. But if you really like a guy go get him guess is my point and we are in a way better spot then any team behind us. 

1 minute ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

If it is cheaper for a team to move up why would Philly move up then??? I’d much rather move up give up 6 and a 3rd or 4th this year to secure my QB I like over maybe Hurts is the guy or maybe there is guy next year and maybe we are in position to get him. 

Again it all starts with how they view Hurts and the QBs in this class. But if you really like a guy go get him guess is my point and we are in a way better spot then any team behind us. 

I'm not suggesting we move up (I don't want to do that).  I was painting a scenario where Carolina may want to do so to move ahead of us.  

1 minute ago, time2rock said:

I'm not suggesting we move up (I don't want to do that).  I was painting a scenario where Carolina may want to do so to move ahead of us.  

If the Eagles aren’t sold on Hirts and yes Lurie and the Fo will make that decision and we love a QB in this class then we should expect Howie to do everything he can to get him. 

If we don’t like a QB or think Hurts is the guy both possible then I believe it will be OL to better protect him.  

Either way fans will likely not be happy 

22 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

It depends who they have ranked high at QB. Just because it is the 3 rd QB taken doesn’t mean they have 3 guys higher then those guys. As for OT think if super likely we go OT at 6. It’s the Eagles bread and butter they believe building inside out. This is apparently a strong OL class with now talks of 3 OT in the top 15 been seeing a lot in the top 10 lately.

If we want to ride with Hurts the most important thing would then be protecting him and we had one of the worst OL in football last year.

I think we need O-Line help, but not at tackle. Mailata and Dillard on the left. Johnson and Driscoll on the right is good. Mailata is only going to get better and he was great against the run last year. We still do not know what we have with dillard, a previous #1 pick. So I feel OT is NOT a position they go after at all in this draft. Center is one that could be weak if Kelce goes. Guard is weak also. Those two positions are needed much more than OT IMO. Most of our issues were in the middle last season. Mailata started off a bit shaky but ended up doing a fine job. With Brooks and seumalo out guard was terrible. Herbig was the only reliable guard and he was hurt part of the season.

1 minute ago, stine said:

think we need O-Line help, but not at tackle. Mailata and Dillard on the left. Johnson and Driscoll on the right is good. Mailata is only going to get better and he was great against the run last year. We still do not know what we have with dillard, a previous #1 pick. So I feel OT is NOT a position they go after at all in this draft. Center is one that could be weak if Kelce goes. Guard is weak also. Those two positions are needed much more than OT IMO. Most of our issues were in the middle last season. Mailata started off a bit shaky but ended up doing a fine job. With Brooks and seumalo out guard was terrible. Herbig was the only reliable guard and he was hurt part of the season.

See mailata is a giant assumption and lots of talk we looking to trade Dillard... Driscoll I think  will be better at G.  Lots of time left until the draft but definitely see OT as high on our list 

I guess we will see. I thought Driscoll played well when Johnson was out and tackle is much more difficult position to play. Not sure why they would move him to guard if he does well at tackle. We differ on Mailata obviously. 3 years playing football and at 23 I see a bright future for him.

12 minutes ago, time2rock said:

They are $34 million over the cap right now. My guess is that restructuring Graham, Cox and Hargrave gets them close to the finish line, and releasing Godwin gets them the rest of the way.

I guess we will see. I thought Driscoll played well when Johnson was out and tackle is much more difficult position to play. Not sure why they would move him to guard if he does well at tackle. We differ on Mailata obviously. 3 years playing football and at 23 I see a bright future for him.

I think Driscoll could be a Big V for us but he has short arms and would seem to be better fit inside. Not that he can’t fill in at T during a pinch. I mean hell same thing was said about Semaulo when we drafted him and thought his rookie year his best spot was filling in at RT 

6 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I think Driscoll could be a Big V for us but he has short arms and would seem to be better fit inside. Not that he can’t fill in at T during a pinch. I mean hell same thing was said about Semaulo when we drafted him and thought his rookie year his best spot was filling in at RT 

Only difference is Seumalo was drafted as a center/guard and Driscoll was drafted as a Tackle.......

7 minutes ago, stine said:

We differ on Mailata obviously. 3 years playing football and at 23 I see a bright future for him.

I feel way more confident in Geodart at TE then I do with Mailata at T.  

Do I think maialta could be good yes i also think he might not struggle with teams Getting more film on him.  Lot could depend on Dillard for me but if we moved him I’d think OT is a strong possibility 

Just now, stine said:

Driscoll was drafted as a Tackle..

Pretty sure Thought Driscoll was planned to be a G for us went to compete at T after Lane injury 

16 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

If the Eagles aren’t sold on Hirts and yes Lurie and the Fo will make that decision and we love a QB in this class then we should expect Howie to do everything he can to get him. 

If we don’t like a QB or think Hurts is the guy both possible then I believe it will be OL to better protect him.  

Either way fans will likely not be happy 

If we traded with Atlanta to move up to 4 it would likely only cost us our 3rd (and we get a 5th back) or the 3rd we got from Indy (and then we throw in a 5th) - that wouldn't be too bad.  If we wanted to move to 3 then it becomes quite a bit pricier - likely our 2nd and 2022 3rd (since we have no 4th).  I wouldn't hate it if we took Slater but would hope we were able to trade back a few spots and grab him in the 10-12 range and pick up more picks in the process.  Say SF wanted to trade up for a QB we should be able to get their 2nd and projected 3rd rd comp pick.  I'd be fine with Slater and extra picks in rounds 2+3.  

1 minute ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I feel way more confident in Geodart at TE then I do with Mailata at T.  

Do I think maialta could be good yes i also think he might not struggle with teams Getting more film on him.  Lot could depend on Dillard for me but if we moved him I’d think OT is a strong possibility 

So we do away with two TE sets? Ertz and Geodart were tough matchups when they were both on the field. We lose Ertz and do not replace him then we scratch those formations. Rodgers won't put fear in any defenses....

So we do away with two TE sets? Ertz and Geodart were tough matchups when they were both on the field. We lose Ertz and do not replace him then we scratch those formations. Rodgers won't put fear in any defenses....

We have a new coach I have no clue what he will run not like we will have those formations anyway. Could he want a two TE system possibly he could also favor a single TE and go more 3 WR sets. 

POSSIBLE.... I guess we will see GB93. Your points are valid.

I wonder how much say the coaches will have (if any) for this draft. Don't we have come assistants from College ranks? I would think they would know better than some scouts about some players....

3 minutes ago, stine said:

I wonder how much say the coaches will have (if any) for this draft. Don't we have come assistants from College ranks? I would think they would know better than some scouts about some players....

Want to say Gannon was a former scout himself. I’d like to say the coaches have some say the FO SHOULD be asking the coaches on guys they like and what they are looking for in players for there systems.... But who knows with our FO 

2 hours ago, stine said:

I didn't say 3 would go before 6. I said I highly doubt any team would have 3 QBS ranked above any other position. I do strongly believe 2 will go before 6 though. So do the Eagles have 3 QBS ranked above Pitts, Chase and Sewell? I do not think they will draft another OT at 6 so my feeling is they go Pitts if he is on the board. You have a different opinion and that is fine. I get that Eagles never seem to do the smart thing when it comes to the draft. I just keep hoping they will finally get it right......by taking the best player when they make their pick. They are getting rid of Ertz so TE is a Position of need. Maybe they like a CB or a D-Lineman (if they move back). I personally feel that there is not more than 2 QB's worth taking at 6. I don't know enough to be certain so maybe I am wrong, but if 2 are taken before them at 6 I doubt they grab a third. It happened last year so not out of the question. Just not something that happens often.

3 could easily go before 6, depending on if ATL is planning ahead at QB or not

1 hour ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

This is apparently a strong OL class

Which is exactly the reason you wait, same as WR, wait until one falls into your lap for the best value

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

I can see Carolina making a trade with The Falcons. ATL could take QB3, or make that trade and get a QB replacement for Ryan next year and hit another position of need

Archived