EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Total unknowns still and Wallace didn't impress during his time on the field last year.  So aside from those 2...who are the last players at CB, S and DE they have drafted that have become solid players or even starters. 

Isnt every draft pick an unknown? Or even rookie, especially with Doug. Gotta give them a chance to be solid before you dismiss them. And i agree, but the past players who have been drafted haven’t been developed well.

6 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Isnt he leaving Oregon?

Already did. He’s at Texas Tech 

F that, if Hurts sucks this year, then try to trade for Watson, do that anyways, but if that isn't possible then trade that likely high pick and load up for a run at Uiagalelei in 2023.

2 hours ago, MillerTime said:

Winning a Super Bowl and making the playoffs the next 2 years isn’t mediocrity. 4-12 is but that’s an outlier.

Division was really bad the last few years. It was utter trash last year

Lol we were still in the race to win the division with our 4 wins for awhile too

20 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Division was really bad the last few years. It was utter trash last year

Lol we were still in the race to win the division with our 4 wins for awhile too

image.jpeg

12 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Satin.  As in the fabric.  From the 70’s.  Like disco.  :wacko:

Neat, disco. I hated it then.

On 7/19/2021 at 12:24 AM, olsilverhair said:

I announce and proclaim that I am the new el presidente of this thread

9 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yes, most people hate disco.  If you were old enough to care back then.  Me, I was like 5.  And don't really care for it now.  Thought it was cool and fun that they did a tribute/crossover album.  You know, those things right?  Cool and Fun?  

Not in this place, pal.

10 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Part of me hopes he fails.  You have to believe when Chip cut loose DJax for nothing Howie was in Lurie’s ear about that so if something similar happens to Howie with Ertz, both you and I may ultimately be satisfied with the results. We’ll see.

Apples and Oranges, IMO.  DJax was in the prime of his career and coming off a 1300 yard season…and he wanted to be here.  Ertz is on the back end of his career and reportedly no longer wants to be here.  

22 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

I'll give you plus 4000 on any bet you want. ZERO chance Eagles even sniff the superbowl. 

I’ll take that bet.  I’ll put $10 into an escrow account and you go ahead and put $40,000 in there.   We’ll release the funds after the season. ;) 

Some of you guys have a strange way of looking at the roster decisions that were made.  The issues with Alshon and D-Jax were paying boat loads of money to guys who couldn't and didn't want to stay healthy.  Jeffery missed time in CHI before the Eagles ever acquired him.  Jackson was showing clear signs of heading on the same path.  I don't believe either of these guys worked hard enough to keep themselves healthy -- and they certainly never "gutted it out" to get back in the lineup.

They kept Agholor because they thought he was good; same as Mills -- bad talent evaluations.  In fact, neither player was good enough and never should have been core pieces.

1 minute ago, Alphagrand said:

Some of you guys have a strange way of looking at the roster decisions that were made.  The issues with Alshon and D-Jax were paying boat loads of money to guys who couldn't and didn't want to stay healthy.  Jeffery missed time in CHI before the Eagles ever acquired him.  Jackson was showing clear signs of heading on the same path.  I don't believe either of these guys worked hard enough to keep themselves healthy -- and they certainly never "gutted it out" to get back in the lineup.

They kept Agholor because they thought he was good; same as Mills -- bad talent evaluations.  In fact, neither player was good enough and never should have been core pieces.

Alshon played the entire 2017 season with a torn rotator cuff that he had a personal massage therapist and physical therapist work on daily at home and on the road in order to stay in the lineup and push off surgery as long as possible. 

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Alshon played the entire 2017 season with a torn rotator cuff that he had a personal massage therapist and physical therapist work on daily at home and on the road in order to stay in the lineup and push off surgery as long as possible. 

So the story goes.  Doesn't mean I believe it.  

5 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

So the story goes.  Doesn't mean I believe it.  

You don’t believe what? That he played all year with a torn rotator cuff?

2 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

What a sissy , I never liked him , even a little ,

WTF is wrong with him? Or WTF is wrong in GB?

Green Bay is paradise for football.

I think Aaron Rodgers is getting a bit goofy/selfish/stupid in his old age.

Take the money.

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yes, most people hate disco.  If you were old enough to care back then.  Me, I was like 5.  And don't really care for it now.  Thought it was cool and fun that they did a tribute/crossover album.  You know, those things right?  Cool and Fun?  

Sometimes things are cool and fun, but when the original sucks , meh.

1 hour ago, Bacarty2 said:

I'll give you plus 4000 on any bet you want. ZERO chance Eagles even sniff the superbowl. 

Ok. I’ll bet the Eagles don’t make the super bowl. Thanks, how do I get the payout? 

how does a 2yr extension keep him in GB 5 more years?? isnt this the last yr of his deal? or is just he's out of gtd money?

4 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

how does a 2yr extension keep him in GB 5 more years?? isnt this the last yr of his deal? or is just he's out of gtd money?

Out of guaranteed. He’s signed through 2023

4 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Bingo.  It's just a money grab and he's got people putting the other crap out there to take attention off of it.

48 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Why did they resign Alshon and D-jax?  Because Huff, Gibson, Hollins, Mathews we're all  pretty high picks who were TERRIBLE.

The resigned Alshon cause they reached for Mathews when Devonte Adams, Allen Robinson, Jarvis Landry were still on the board. 

Everything Howie has done has been a bandaid, or a coverup on bad drafting. 

The Truth Shall Set You Free GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

When you suck at drafting, you have to hide those mistakes with bad free agent contracts and bad aging veteran extensions.

Archived