EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

26 minutes ago, greend said:

Evidently Rodgers thinks he gonna be good forever.

If Brady can do it into his 40s, Rodgers can too. He probably has (if he chooses) a good 4/5 years left.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Swoop said:

If Brady can do it into his 40s, Rodgers can too. He probably has (if he chooses) a good 4/5 years left.

We'll see. It's not like everyone can just will themselves to stay good.

57 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

What a sissy , I never liked him , even a little ,

I think some of this is that he wants to get out of going to camp.  He has been exploring other things outside of football. I'm not sure he loves the game like he used to.  I think he still is going to play because he has a celebrity fiancee and he needs the cache of playing in the NFL to keep his lifestyle.  Some of it is definitely based on their drafting Love when he wanted more weapons.  But, I don't think Denver would be that much of an upgrade for him. And, I feel that it would be a tougher road in the AFC to get to the SB vs. his staying in GB because the NFC is pretty weak (except for the Bucs).   I don't think he would want to play in Washington.  He would be better off just returning to GB.

1 minute ago, greend said:

We'll see. It's not like everyone can just will themselves to stay good.

That's fair, but we're seeing more and more QBs stick around longer. Ben is 38. Rivers hung em up after he turned 39. Obviously Brady. Even Brees had a solid year considering and he was 41.

I don't think Rodgers will be tossing 40+ TDs well into his 40s, but I think he can still be extremely productive for the next few seasons before hitting the wall.

16 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

I think some of this is that he wants to get out of going to camp.  He has been exploring other things outside of football. I'm not sure he loves the game like he used to.  I think he still is going to play because he has a celebrity fiancee and he needs the cache of playing in the NFL to keep his lifestyle.  Some of it is definitely based on their drafting Love when he wanted more weapons.  But, I don't think Denver would be that much of an upgrade for him. And, I feel that it would be a tougher road in the AFC to get to the SB vs. his staying in GB because the NFC is pretty weak (except for the Bucs).   I don't think he would want to play in Washington.  He would be better off just returning to GB.

IMO WFT should try to trade for him , they already have the D 

14 minutes ago, Swoop said:

That's fair, but we're seeing more and more QBs stick around longer. Ben is 38. Rivers hung em up after he turned 39. Obviously Brady. Even Brees had a solid year considering and he was 41.

I don't think Rodgers will be tossing 40+ TDs well into his 40s, but I think he can still be extremely productive for the next few seasons before hitting the wall.

Hanging on and performing at a high level , are 2 different things 

Brady takes care of himself , and more importantly he loves  the game .

Brady is the exception 

9 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Brady is the exception 

I'm not saying he's going to be Brady, but I don't think it's unreasonable to think he'll play extremely well for 2/3 more seasons before starting to decline. 

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

And so it begins.  Hopefully we are not part of the injury bug this year.

We need to be due for a healthy season soon, right?

1 hour ago, Original Sin said:

You, who moved to Maryland, begrudge a 37 year old, superstar QB, who is engaged to a movie star, who is a hot commodity in Hollywood for wanting to leave Green Bay because he wants to finish out his career on a team where the GM actually tries to build a roster (and probably somewhere that is closer to LA)?

1 minute ago, BigEFly said:

You, who moved to Maryland, begrudge a 37 year old, superstar QB, who is engaged to a movie star, who is a hot commodity in Hollywood for wanting to leave Green Bay because he wants to finish out his career on a team where the GM actually tries to build a roster (and probably somewhere that is closer to LA)?

He should come out and say it then , stop trying to play the victim 

as to me in Maryland , not here all the time  , I have a place in SC . I actually  look forward to leaving Maryland on a permanent basis ,  but that is still  5 to 10 years away .

2 hours ago, Original Sin said:

I don't think he'll play

No way Packers don't require multiple 1st round picks for a trade

1 hour ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

WTF is wrong with him? Or WTF is wrong in GB?

1 hour ago, CouchKing said:

Green Bay is paradise for football.

I think Aaron Rodgers is getting a bit goofy/selfish/stupid in his old age.

Take the money.

1 hour ago, greend said:

Evidently Rodgers thinks he gonna be good forever.

Aaron Rodgers has earned the right to do whatever the hell he wants. Is it your lives? Why TF do you care?? I’ll never understand why fans think they’re entitled to say what someone should or shouldn’t do with their professional career. 

Rogers doesn't need more money.

He wants some of the same postseason success that Brady achieved.

He's upset with the way their FO has not given him the tools he feels he needs to accomplish this.

2 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Aaron Rodgers has earned the right to do whatever the hell he wants. Is it your lives? Why TF do you care?? I’ll never understand why fans think they’re entitled to say what someone should or shouldn’t do with their professional career. 

I doubt anyone on the EMB really cares.  Might as well discuss it; training camp hasn't even started yet.

My two cents?  He's under contract.  Play in GB or retire.  That won't be what happens, though.  The Packers will cave and give him more money -- and when they lose in the playoffs again Rodgers will blame everyone except himself.

12 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

image.thumb.png.84314633e9a9461be2802a12597f0484.png

Thanks Chip!

Graham was expected to sign with the Giants and was close to joining the Eagles’ NFC East rival, but Kelly lured Graham back. Kelly was criticized for signing Graham instead of Trent Cole, who signed a two-year, $16 million deal with the Colts. But Cole only recorded 5.0 sacks the rest of his career. Graham has 34 since then. And he recorded one of the biggest plays in franchise history in the Super Bowl.

6 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

He did sign a contract and make promises

46 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Brady is the exception 

And probably uses roids and other banned things.

6 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

Thanks Chip!

Graham was expected to sign with the Giants and was close to joining the Eagles’ NFC East rival, but Kelly lured Graham back. Kelly was criticized for signing Graham instead of Trent Cole, who signed a two-year, $16 million deal with the Colts. But Cole only recorded 5.0 sacks the rest of his career. Graham has 34 since then. And he recorded one of the biggest plays in franchise history in the Super Bowl.

What does that have to do with Brooks?

51 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

IMO WFT should try to trade for him , they already have the D 

I don't think he would want to live near Washington and he has a Hollywood actress to please.  That is probably also part of why he wants out of GB. 

29 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Immediately Shutup 

41 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

He did sign a contract and make promises

Well he saw Wentz whine his way out of town so he should definitely be able to do it 

19 minutes ago, olsilverhair said:

Immediately Shutup 

I’ll backhand you gramps. 

The Wentz banner is finally gone.

40 minutes ago, greend said:

What does that have to do with Brooks?

It’s a cool story but yeah.  Not much to do with brooks. 

Archived