yeah or 'how to crap the bed when the real game planners leave for other jobs'

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Just a golden banner.

XL or standard?

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

i could see the rams over paying for him like they like to do , since they lost a CB  wrong that was a RB they lost. ok still there then

26 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

There would be no Donovan McNabb if it weren't for Randall Cunningham.  He changed the game and opened the doors for so many.  I get it, he didn't deliver, was a diva among other things but he 100% is an Eagles great IMO.  

I think he was a great as well but, the game would have changed with or without him. 

6 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I'm more concerned about the defense than the offense at this point.  Goedert, Sanders, Smith, Reagor, Mailata, Dillard, Dickerson all have potential and there is the possibility Hurts could keep the starting QB job.

On defense the cupboard is pretty bare.

3 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I'm more concerned about the defense than the offense at this point.  Goedert, Sanders, Smith, Reagor, Mailata, Dillard, Dickerson all have potential and there is the possibility Hurts could keep the starting QB job.

On defense the cupboard is pretty bare.

Extremely bare. Who can be a breakout defensive player in 2-3 years that can be a center piece? Beats me.

I don't think I can even pick a breakout player this year that isn't someone like Harris that's about to be 30.

1 minute ago, greend said:

I think he was a great as well but, the game would have changed with or without him. 

I think Vick and McNabb get too much credit for the advent of a mobile QB and Randall gets too little.  I don't think Vick or McNabb wouldn't have been QBs without Cunningham so I agree that things would have changed.  It's also not like Fran Tarkenton didn't make a living scrambling and running the ball.  I mean McNair was a running QB in the late 90s.  Young ran the ball in the early 90s.  Mobile QBs have been around for decades.  

2 hours ago, NCiggles said:

You shouldn't quit your day job because you would be terrible as a sports talk  host.  

Yeah and you’d be stellar I’m sure… 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Sure.  But to say if there was no Randall there would be no McNabb is just ludicrous.  

Sick Burn of the Week – Intercepts

Hey thanks Biff. Wouldn’t be a normal day for you if you didn’t try to bully every poster in here. 

21 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I heard this on the radio earlier and it sounds like they’re basically going by current QB situation? Are they taking into account draft capital? Too lazy to read the article. 

27 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

That is easily one of the dumbest arguments I have seen in this thread.  (I know only a few days old).  What does that have to do with his contribution to the team/franchise?  Randall didn't produce McNabb.  What are you saying, because Randall was a scrambling QB then he inspired a young McNabb to become a QB?  That's news to me.  Nostalgia is one thing, but good god man.  

Yep

He was fun to watch.  Never great.  

I think he’d have been a HOF player with a real head coach. Remember, after he left Buddy and Kotite, while well past his prime, Cunningham was first team All Pro (1998). .

If I’m not mistaken it was one of the greatest statistical years ever for a QB. Kurt Warner came along soon after and kind of made everyone forget about Randall’s season.

His teammates didn’t like him, though. That’s a problem for a quarterback

2 hours ago, bpac55 said:

I'd be happy if they just stuck with Eagles legends.

Dawk, Reggie, Jerome, Bednarick, Tommy, Randall...stick to history that we are further away from.  Honor your legends. 

Bednarick standing over "dead” Gifford. 

14 minutes ago, SB52 said:

I think he’d have been a HOF player with a real head coach. Remember, after he left Buddy and Kotite, while well past his prime, Cunningham was first team All Pro (1998). .

If I’m not mistaken it was one of the greatest statistical years ever for a QB. Kurt Warner came along soon after and kind of made everyone forget about Randall’s season.

His teammates didn’t like him, though. That’s a problem for a quarterback

Not a chance -- couldn't even be bothered to learn the playbook or study film.

His early career was a lot like Vick's early career; relied only on their abundant physical abilities and didn't become "professionals" until later on.  He was never going to be successful as a playoff QB for the Eagles.  In MIN he had a golden opportunity; thankfully ATL was a 14-2 team that season and beat them.

I never liked Cunningham as an Eagles QB.  Great athlete, not a great QB

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Book title should be called. 

"How to be content"- D Pederson and J Lurie

Not sure how you can accuse Doug of being content. He'd go for it on 4th more than any coach.  If he wanted to be content he would have agreed to Howie and Jeff's continued interference instead of standing his ground and instead option to be fired. 

Doug grew a backbone.  

37 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

I heard this on the radio earlier and it sounds like they’re basically going by current QB situation? Are they taking into account draft capital? Too lazy to read the article. 

For one there is nothing bright about the future on defense.  The only "good" players are all aged 30 and older. Very real disaster situation on the horizon for the defense, especially if this team goes all in on trading draft capital for Watson who will then bring with him that massive contract to fill up the limited cap space. 

The only bright future on the team right now is in their offensive skill players and potentially at LT. 

Mike Florio and Albert Breer think Watson is going to play this season at some point. Florio said he thinks right now the Eagles or Broncos would be most likely.

I still don't think it would happen til next offseason, but I can't even put into words what a game changer this would be. Would totally change the future trajectory of the Eagles if Howie puts this off and would supersede the bad moves he's made in recent years.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Most here on the Blog could have produced a better article.  

I think the game review by Howie and Lurie is overblown. 16 games a season to sit down with the GM and owner and go over the game doesn’t sound micromanaging to me at all.  Especially with the predictive analytics department that Howie built.  Getting and sharing information with the coach is a solid use of data.  Further, you have to believe they also discussed injuries and roster moves.  I am sure that the coaches sit down and go over film with the players and the GM and owner discussing the game just played isn’t unlike that. 

13 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Mike Florio and Albert Breer think Watson is going to play this season at some point. Florio said he thinks right now the Eagles or Broncos would be most likely.

I still don't think it would happen til next offseason, but I can't even put into words what a game changer this would be. Would totally change the future trajectory of the Eagles if Howie puts this off and would supersede the bad moves he's made in recent years.

See the source image

30 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

This would be a bad move.  How will this change the trajectory? We'd have a QB but we would have no cap space and likely no top draft picks to invest in our defense.  Our defense is a year or two away from being one of the worst in the league.  Then we are the 4-12 Texans from last year with Watson. 

Archived