• Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

oh no this will send philly500 and joey shakes off the rails

7 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Would be nice, but I doubt it.

I just want it to end at this point

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

The fascination with the Wentz banner, that NBCSP and some posters in here have, is bizarre.  

I tend to agree....however, replacing Wentz with the SB trophy is just silly.  If they won last year, then yes, showcase the trophy.  We're going on 4 years now.  This team is NOT that team and not even close.  It's just a banner but and it's a small thing...but little things can show how out of touch a team is. 

Drive up to the stadium and see an image of a moment the current team wasn't part of and isn't close to.

Walk in to the stadium and see Kobe Bryant's rules.

Makes a lot of sense.

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Nelson or the politics?

2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I tend to agree....however, replacing Wentz with the SB trophy is just silly.  If they won last year, then yes, showcase the trophy.  We're going on 4 years now.  This team is NOT that team and not even close.  It's just a banner but and it's a small thing...but little things can show how out of touch a team is. 

Drive up to the stadium and see an image of a moment the current team wasn't part of and isn't close to.

Makes a lot of sense.

Meh, they don't change the banners often and they probably learned their lesson on choosing a specific player. They now have a giant tarp that's just as useful as Howie's old fat head, so they went for the safe, non specific choice. They didn't even include Foles in it besides his hands.

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Meh, they don't change the banners often and they probably learned their lesson on choosing a specific player. They now have a giant tarp that just as useful as Howie's old fat head. 

I'd be happy if they just stuck with Eagles legends.

Dawk, Reggie, Jerome, Bednarick, Tommy, Randall...stick to history that we are further away from.  Honor your legends. 

2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I'd be happy if they just stuck with Eagles legends.

Dawk, Reggie, Jerome, Bednarick, Tommy, Randall...stick to history that we are further away from.  Honor your legends. 

Yep.  Make a montage of all of them.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Yep.  Make a montage of all of them.

Use this

image.png.4858522239154bf79c079912ff9343a6.png

1 hour ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

It's a passing league with athletic DTs and coordinators moving DEs inside on passing downs.  It's a pretty important gauge.

I disagree.

Look at the leading sack leaders just last year. Donald was 2nd with 13.5, Buckner is the next DT with 9.5 sacks, and was tied for 11th overall. The next DT is Chris Jones with 7.5, tied for 26th overall. You have Quinnen Williams at 32 with 7, Fletch, Onyemata (who??) and Jarran Reed at 36 with 6.5. Finally Suh with 6 is at 41. So in the top 50 sack leaders from last year, you have 8 DTs. That isn't a whole lot, and only Donald had double digits, and truthfully he's a mixed DE/DT. But I'll concede he's mostly a DT.

I don't think most teams move their best pass rushers inside on passing downs. It certainly happens, but I think Schwartz overdid it and maybe that clouds things around here. The majority of sacks come from the edges, from LBs and DEs. 

Sack numbers for guards to me is only important if a guard is giving up a lot of sacks. That's a major problem. I would like to see the league wide stats for guards and sacks allowed, but I can't seem to locate it. Anybody have any suggestions? 

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Randall?  :roll::roll:  I can see all of those others.  But Randall?!  I know it's fashionable to hate on McNabb.  But people have a short memory of Randall and his lack of production in meaningful games and how he pretty much went diva for a bit.  Guy had the body language of a disgruntled teenager.  Selective memory...for sure.  

Frank Gore running and Lecharles Bentley opening up a hole for him.  

Oh no doubt.  As an adult it's easy for me to see what Randall was.  However, he's the reason that I'm an Eagles fan today and I'm sure a lot of other guys who were kids watching him in awe can say the same.  The same will be said with Donovan for guys who grew up in the 2000s.  When I was 10 years old I didn't care or even know that Randall was leaving pre-season games to go to Whitney Houston's birthday.  All I knew is that I loved watching him play.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Note to self, greend hates disco and comedy.

Since you have no idea what comedy is, how would you know?

30 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Makes a lot of sense.

All jokes aside about Hurts, the banner should be of him. If he sucks then so be it (how much can a banner cost ya cheap arse billionaire)

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

And that's all fine and good.  But it doesn't qualify him to be lumped in with franchise all time greats.  Unless one has an agenda against McNabb.  

Can't both be Eagles greats but for different reasons? 

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

How about a banner of Joe Banner?

To use for toilet paper during the next pandemic ?

17 hours ago, 315Eagles said:

Getting the #1 pick this year, 2022 draft, would most likely mean getting Sam Howell or Spencer Rattler.  No thanks.

Rather get the #1 pick for the 2023 draft. At least you could get the kid from Clemson, DJ U.  I thought there was another highly rated QB prospect that year as well but cant think of any names.  Have to look it up.

I'd take the first pick overall and trade it for a kings ransom. Waaaay too many immediate needs and ones that are on the doorstep of being needs. They need high quality picks the next three years and multiple selections in the first three rounds on top of it.

40 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Man, the season hasn't even started yet. 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

😬  Uh....ok

There would be no Donovan McNabb if it weren't for Randall Cunningham.  He changed the game and opened the doors for so many.  I get it, he didn't deliver, was a diva among other things but he 100% is an Eagles great IMO.  

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

How about a banner of Joe Banner?

Just a golden banner.

Archived