EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

1 hour ago, Sack that QB said:

Getting an elite QB in their mid 20's is never a bad move in any scenario.

I don't have real concerns about Watson's talent but I have enough concerns about his character that I am not sure his value is multiple high round picks.  

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

What about Herbig and Driscoll? 

Quality backups. 

Steven Nelson disabled his twitter it looks like. I wonder if its about to be announced where he is going.

2 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Have to question how elite he actually is when he didn't elevate his team above 4 wins.  Yes the Texans defense was terrible but the Eagles defense is going to be terrible in the very near future especially if we trade for Watson.  

That's one season, c'mon man. It's a miracle he did what he did with a horrendous team.

11 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I think it remains to be seen how good the O line is.  Lots of old guys. Oft injured old guys.  

Lots of decent depth too.  I think this year the majority of the o-line finally gets to play most of the season together.....knock on trees.

35 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

Steven Nelson disabled his twitter it looks like. I wonder if its about to be announced where he is going.

This dude is a troll. Wouldn't be surprised if his agent yelled at him.

7 hours ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

The Wentz banner is finally gone.

They really cropped the picture of Foles holding up the Lombardi? LOL

5 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

They really cropped the picture of Foles holding up the Lombardi? LOL

Yup... Drove by there and saw it today.   Crazy. 

They can have a statue of Doug and Foles at the stadium, but can't have a picture of them holding the trophy.    Just put Kelce in the Mummer's suit at the parade.   Perfect for everyone.

6 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Yup... Drove by there and saw it today.   Crazy. 

They can have a statue of Doug and Foles at the stadium, but can't have a picture of them holding the trophy.    Just put Kelce in the Mummer's suit at the parade.   Perfect for everyone.

Agreed. Also it would be just awesome to see

54 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

That's one season, c'mon man. It's a miracle he did what he did with a horrendous team.

All he's going to have with the Eagles is a horrendous team.  There is no bright future for the defense.  None.  The top corners in the draft the Eagles could potentially target next year?  Not happening when those picks are given up for Watson.  

7 hours ago, Bacarty2 said:

Deflecting. Nice. Like I mentioned before, I mentioned 7 or 8 names, you mentioned 1. Have a good one, pal. 

you will call me el presidente

1 hour ago, NCiggles said:

I didn't hear his comment but I read his article about it and I think he's not being clear but essentially the confidentiality would be a condition of Watson.  Defendants are usually the ones pushing confidentiality.  Confidentiality clauses can create some potential for making the settlement taxable.  Usually, you would want mutual confidentiality or some other provision.  I think what he means  is that all of the women would have to agree to some global terms for settlement and it's unclear whether each of his clients would agree to confidentiality.   So either all 22 of them agree or there are no settlements.  It does create a potential conflict between Buzbee's clients.  

Settlement may well be mostly taxable as it is.  Very questionable if any personal injury for most of these cases.  Easy to deal with value for confidentiality in the settlement agreement. Of course, there is a conflict but what does Buzbee care.

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

How are you supposed to be top 10 in those categories when you have a bad defense that can not get off the field.

Watson was elite last year, Texans were last in TOP, 29th in 3rd down defense, last in takeaways.  That in turn made them last in plays ran per game, even though they were 12th best converting 3rd downs offensively in the league.  You don't think he would up the total offense ranking ( 12th ) passing yards ( 4th ) and scoring ( 19th ) with two more possessions per game ??  Add to that the Texans had 9 takeaways, one of 3 teams that did not average at least two takeaways per game.  Add two more possesions and a couple short fields after a turn over, those numbers would climb quite a bit. Also, Texans were the second worse rushing team in the league.

Edited to add @austinfan, Green Bay has only been top 10 once in yards and once in points over that same span.  is Rodgers not elite ??  2017, 26th in yards and 21st in points, both behind the Texans.  2018, behind the Texans in PPG, 2019, behind the Texans in yards and PPG.  So by the metric above that you created, he is more elite than Aaron Rodgers, unless of course Aaron Rodgers is not elite.

Gotta love @austinfan, makes absurd post, gets crushed, no response and runs away.

3 hours ago, downundermike said:

How are you supposed to be top 10 in those categories when you have a bad defense that can not get off the field.

Watson was elite last year, Texans were last in TOP, 29th in 3rd down defense, last in takeaways.  That in turn made them last in plays ran per game, even though they were 12th best converting 3rd downs offensively in the league.  You don't think he would up the total offense ranking ( 12th ) passing yards ( 4th ) and scoring ( 19th ) with two more possessions per game ??  Add to that the Texans had 9 takeaways, one of 3 teams that did not average at least two takeaways per game.  Add two more possesions and a couple short fields after a turn over, those numbers would climb quite a bit. Also, Texans were the second worse rushing team in the league.

Edited to add @austinfan, Green Bay has only been top 10 once in yards and once in points over that same span.  is Rodgers not elite ??  2017, 26th in yards and 21st in points, both behind the Texans.  2018, behind the Texans in PPG, 2019, behind the Texans in yards and PPG.  So by the metric above that you created, he is more elite than Aaron Rodgers, unless of course Aaron Rodgers is not elite.

Forgot to add PFF has ranked the Texans oline since he became the starter 23rd or worse in 3 of 4 years. Meanwhile the one year they weren’t ranked in the bottom 10 of the league they were 20th.  And their line last year was not good. Only tunsil was decent.  I went into this in the blog that was closed. every oline starter besides tunsil the Texans had was below 70and most 57-63 range by pff. So he had a god awful defense that finished bottom 10 OR 5 in most statistical categories, dead last in takeaways, and bottom five in rush defense. Yet it’s his fault the offense didn’t score more with a bad oline (which he once said they were close to special last year lmao), inconsistent running game, and an awful defense. Add on firing their GM and coach mid year. 

not surprising this comes from the guy who called mahomes unproven and not elite cause he could get hurt. Legitimately show me another Qb in his first three years as a starter wins a mvp, Sb mvp got to 3 afc title games, 2 Super Bowls and won a super bowl and tell me that’s unproven 

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Eagles chant at the Phillies game in Yankees Stadium.  Gotta love it.  

I mean if we turn off the injuries on madden we’ll be ok lol

Who else bet their monthly entertainment fund on the game tonight?

Go Bucks!

9 hours ago, Bacarty2 said:

Deflecting. Nice. Like I mentioned before, I mentioned 7 or 8 names, you mentioned 1. Have a good one, pal. 

Nnnnnnope. Your nonsense guy. You can make any argument by saying the counter position doesn’t count. This isn’t complicated. 

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Forgot to add PFF has ranked the Texans oline since he became the starter 23rd or worse in 3 of 4 years. Meanwhile the one year they weren’t ranked in the bottom 10 of the league they were 20th.  And their line last year was not good. Only tunsil was decent.  I went into this in the blog that was closed. every oline starter besides tunsil the Texans had was below 70and most 57-63 range by pff. So he had a god awful defense that finished bottom 10 OR 5 in most statistical categories, dead last in takeaways, and bottom five in rush defense. Yet it’s his fault the offense didn’t score more with a bad oline (which he once said they were close to special last year lmao), inconsistent running game, and an awful defense. Add on firing their GM and coach mid year. 

not surprising this comes from the guy who called mahomes unproven and not elite cause he could get hurt. Legitimately show me another Qb in his first three years as a starter wins a mvp, Sb mvp got to 3 afc title games, 2 Super Bowls and won a super bowl and tell me that’s unproven 

His defense of Lowie makes him come in and post nonsense without looking at facts

1 hour ago, Iggles25 said:

Go Bucks!

Why do I have a feeling they're gonna blow it?

1 hour ago, Iggles25 said:

Go Bucks!

Just now, 315Eagles said:

Why do I have a feeling they're gonna blow it?

Bucks have to win a title tonight.  If it goes back to Phoenix they lose.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Bucks have to win a title tonight.  If it goes back to Phoenix they lose.

You're probably right but the Bucks did win the last game in Phoenix.   Maybe they could do it again.

Just now, 315Eagles said:

You're probably right but the Bucks did win the last game in Phoenix.   Maybe they could do it again.

Game 7 on the road is never favorable.  You gonna count on Chris Paul playing bad that many games ????   

3 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

All he's going to have with the Eagles is a horrendous team.  There is no bright future for the defense.  None.  The top corners in the draft the Eagles could potentially target next year?  Not happening when those picks are given up for Watson.  

He's young enough that they'll have plenty of time to build a team around him.

5 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Monthly entertainment fund?   WTF is that?  Must be single with no kids.  

I disagree.  Counter positions do count.  Sorry.  It’s complicated.   

🤣 You would be correct.

Extra bar hopping on tap after tonight!

Archived