EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hurts being atrocious is a good outcome for us. There will be no question to cut bait on him and we'll have a top 5 pick. 

Not gonna overreact to day 1 but sheesh. Sounds like a brutal start for Hurts. 

As much as I like Devonta Smith, I still think the Eagles may regret passing on Fields. 

23 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Carson, this is how to be a leader when answering the vaccine question and why the Colts hover around 50% vaccinated and the Eagles are at 90%:

No, that is your definition of how to be a leader.  

1 hour ago, olsilverhair said:

Way to go Beasley, don’t be a sheep like most in the emb are

The blog will give you cancer and may lead to blood clots. 

2 hours ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Some team is going to buy cheap soon. Real cheap.

Why would they get rid of him for cheap? 

2 hours ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

Does he have special pockets in his pants for food and soup?

The saltines are free.  

41 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

That's one thing about Rob Gronkowski that I really respect. There are reports that he's never spent any of his salary. Instead, he's used his signing bonus money to finance his lifestyle, while investing his paychecks and accumulating interest. I like to think that if I had been talented enough to have a pro career in any sport, I'd have been similarly inclined.

Agree. Unless someone is in California 2 million should buy a very nice home, 300k on cars, 700k max on other stuff, 700k maybe a vacation home.  I'm throwing large numbers around, but past that I can't see what they spend on past trying to impress people. 

47 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

That's one thing about Rob Gronkowski that I really respect. There are reports that he's never spent any of his salary. Instead, he's used his signing bonus money to finance his lifestyle, while investing his paychecks and accumulating interest. I like to think that if I had been talented enough to have a pro career in any sport, I'd have been similarly inclined.

I believe it was his endorsement money that he lived off of. Never spent a dime of his playing money. He's smarter than he seems. 

If I had to bet I don't think Hurts is going to be very good either, but are we seriously looking ESP'S  day 1 7v7 practice impression like it means anything? C'mon now even for TATE that's a lot.

5 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

If I had to bet I don't think Hurts is going to be very good either, but are we seriously looking ESP'S  day 1 7v7 practice impression like it means anything? C'mon now even for TATE that's a lot.

Pretty much every reporter is saying the same thing. 

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

It's still day 1 7v7 practice and drills. Again I have very little faith in Hurts becoming the answer but still I don't think this means much of anything. 

10 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

See the source image

4 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

It's still day 1 7v7 practice and drills. Again I have very little faith in Hurts becoming the answer but still I don't think this means much of anything. 

It doesn't but it stirs the pot

And it's better than talking about vaccines or Simone Biles for the 1,000th time

7 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Take it all with a grain of salt.  Before the 2019 season we were being sold on how good JJAW looked.

If Hurts looks bad, ESP is going to say he looked good.

If Hurts looks good, ESP is going to say he looked bad.

If Hurts has a bad year, ESP is going to say he should be the QB in 2022.

If Hurts plays great, ESP is going to say they should look for another QB.

That guy will forever be the contrarian. It's all he does, it's all he has.

6 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Take it all with a grain of salt.  Before the 2019 season we were being sold on how good JJAW looked.

Obviously, but I think it's still worth at least mentioning. 

Speaking of JJAW, I haven't heard or read his name at all today. Usually you hear about how much he tears these RZ drills up. 

6 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

It doesn't but it stirs the pot

And it's better than talking about vaccines or Simone Biles for the 1,000th time

tenor.gif

8 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Someone also posted a tweet by a former scout saying to pretty much ignore any hot takes from training camp saying so and so looks amazing or bad.

4 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Someone also posted a tweet by a former scout saying to pretty much ignore any hot takes from training camp saying so and so looks amazing or bad.

I don't need a tweet from anyone telling me that.   I learned it all on my lonesome.

tenor.gif?itemid=5270199

3 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

Meanwhile, in other Olympic news...

Damn 🤣

I think the appropriate response is... "Who is this?"  

Not at all freaking out about Hurts after 1 practice in a new scheme.

Excited to see Josh Sweat get a crack at the starting job. If the knee's right, and Sweat has said recently that it is, then there's no reason not to start him. Still so much upside there.

Davion Taylor getting 1st team reps is interesting. Still love his athletic profile despite his being overdrafted.

So many intriguing guys, man. I love the unpredictability of this season given so many young, athletic players Doug mishandled. Would really like to see at least 1 or 2 of those guys emerge as something special.

Archived