• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

Meanwhile, in other Olympic news...

Damn 🤣

He gonna upgrade now.

39 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

not stalker, just curious to where he ended up moving. Doug was onLaurel Creek and we saw him often. 

Somewhere in Haddonfield. No idea where.

36 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

It doesn't but it stirs the pot

And it's better than talking about vaccines or Simone Biles for the 1,000th time

Idk Simone biles helped me realize the Philly sports scene lately has been hard on my mental health. 

28 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Someone also posted a tweet by a former scout saying to pretty much ignore any hot takes from training camp saying so and so looks amazing or bad.

Joe Ostman says hello. It's pathetic how many fans around here have eaten up countless tweets about him over the years.

1 hour ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

That's one thing about Rob Gronkowski that I really respect. There are reports that he's never spent any of his salary. Instead, he's used his signing bonus money to finance his lifestyle, while investing his paychecks and accumulating interest. I like to think that if I had been talented enough to have a pro career in any sport, I'd have been similarly inclined.

People dislike him but I’ve met him multiple times out here in AZ. Was at a pool party with him and got to talk to him and take shots with him. He’s an really nice guy. Unlike Solomon hill who was a complete d**k when we were hanging out with Derrick williams and him. Williams was also awesome. 

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

image.jpeg.883c8414931e7cb17bb2d051386cebb8.jpeg

Thankfully Golden tate isn’t still on the team 

37 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

THE TEXANS LOST A TRADE THE PACKERS WERE FORCED TO DO!

:roll:

Haha oh god it’s actually true. 😂

40 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

THE TEXANS LOST A TRADE THE PACKERS WERE FORCED TO DO!

:roll:

They can't blame this one on Bill O Brien.  They could've probably received a 4th and not picked up a dime of the contract.  All Houston's GM had to do was say, "we don't care if Rodgers is happy or not...take it or leave it".

Interesting if you have the athletic. Excludes rookies and ranks QB's 1 through 34. The panel who ranked them was made up of 7 NFL GM's, 5 Head Coaches, 11 coordinators, 15 executives, 7 QB coaches and 5 others working in front office roles. 

15 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Joe Ostman says hello. It's pathetic how many fans around here have eaten up countless tweets about him over the years.

Nick Chubb's favorite Eagle, you watch your mouth

Guest justrelax
1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Pretty much every reporter is saying the same thing. 

Geez. Day One is like drawing patterns in the dirt, and even more so with a new offense, terminology, and players. However, the folks with pitchforks will seize upon this as proof. Once a lynch mob has formed, it’s tough to get it to disperse and this mob has been here a while.

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Interesting if you have the athletic. Excludes rookies and ranks QB's 1 through 34. The panel who ranked them was made up of 7 NFL GM's, 5 Head Coaches, 11 coordinators, 15 executives, 7 QB coaches and 5 others working in front office roles. 

Watson was 5, so basically the same as Sam Bradford. 

1 minute ago, justrelax said:

Geez. Day One is like drawing patterns in the dirt, and even more so with a new offense, terminology, and players. However, the folks with pitchforks will seize upon this as proof. Once a lynch mob has formed, it’s tough to get it to disperse and this mob has been here a while.

I forgot, this isn't the place to discuss football. Back to vaccines.

Guest justrelax
56 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

If Hurts looks bad, ESP is going to say he looked good.

If Hurts looks good, ESP is going to say he looked bad.

If Hurts has a bad year, ESP is going to say he should be the QB in 2022.

If Hurts plays great, ESP is going to say they should look for another QB.

That guy will forever be the contrarian. It's all he does, it's all he has.

Not having read anything of his - ever - I find your comments interesting. I have the impression that those who have read his stuff share your view. 

7 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

"I’m not buying the hype that he played all that good in Philly with Frank,” a former head coach countered. "He played good, but they were a good team, too. He will play as a 3 at times, but when it comes down to it, he’s going to be a 4 when you put 17 games together. Wentz is too mentally soft.”

I was very surprised how far he progressed as a passer from his freshman year at Alabama to when he replaced Tua in the CFP.  I was further impressed by his improvement as a passer at Oklahoma (although some would credit Lincoln Riley's scheme).  I think his performance in his 4 games as a starter last season was mixed, uneven -- not surprising for a rookie.  I am concerned that his performances tended to get worse as defenses got more film on him.

I will wait for regular season games before I form an opinion whether he should be the Eagles QB past 2021.  The workout videos don't interest me, the stories about his work ethic don't interest me, the positivity from the guys in the locker room is a good sign -- but that's part of being good teammates and building confidence.

What is best for the team is for Hurts to take the starting QB job and flourish -- much like Dak or Russell Wilson.  The Eagles would have a solid performing QB who is dirt cheap for another 3 years, while being able to build the roster with 3 first round picks at other needed positions.  

Guest justrelax
1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I forgot, this isn't the place to discuss football. Back to vaccines.

In what way is this not about football? Have you ever played on an organized team? Compare Day One to, say, Day Ten.  Was there a difference? Day One is basically about not running into each other. Timing? There is no timing on Day One. Precision routes? Uh uh. They’re running patterns based on I-pad stuff.

All I have to say about vaccines is I hope you got yours, since you brought it up.

Guest justrelax
1 minute ago, Alphagrand said:

I was very surprised how far he progressed as a passer from his freshman year at Alabama to when he replaced Tua in the CFP.  I was further impressed by his improvement as a passer at Oklahoma (although some would credit Lincoln Riley's scheme).  I think his performance in his 4 games as a starter last season was mixed, uneven -- not surprising for a rookie.  I am concerned that his performances tended to get worse as defenses got more film on him.

I will wait for regular season games before I form an opinion whether he should be the Eagles QB past 2021.  The workout videos don't interest me, the stories about his work ethic don't interest me, the positivity from the guys in the locker room is a good sign -- but that's part of being good teammates and building confidence.

What is best for the team is for Hurts to take the starting QB job and flourish -- much like Dak or Russell Wilson.  The Eagles would have a solid performing QB who is dirt cheap for another 3 years, while being able to build the roster with 3 first round picks at other needed positions.  

Thank you for a clear and simple post. I agree with everything you say here. 

59 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

No, that is your definition of how to be a leader.  

No, it is leadership.   Identifying and cultivating leaders was part of my job.   I listened to Carson’s entire answer and I listened to Graham’s.  Graham comes off like a leader.   Carson came off poorly with his dancing non response.  It fell flat and equivocating. Whereas Graham personalized it and vocalized a hopeful goal.  Tell me when you were inspired by an equivocating leader?  

In what way is this not about football? Have you ever played on an organized team? Compare Day One to, say, Day Ten.  Was there a difference? Day One is basically about not running into each other. Timing? There is no timing on Day One. Precision routes? Uh uh. They’re running patterns based on I-pad stuff.

All I have to say about vaccines is I hope you got yours, since you brought it up.

You're calling me out for simply stating what the impressions were on Day 1 from the people there watching. No where did I say it meant anything definitive one way or the other, or that it should mean anything at all. It just is what it is. But at least it's football related. There's no "pitchforks" or "mob lynching" in discussing what happened today. 

21 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Guess who was one of the five in tier one....

8 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Not having read anything of his - ever - I find your comments interesting. I have the impression that those who have read his stuff share your view. 

He was pro Howie pre-2017, while everyone was against him. Then once the Eagles won a SB and the city turned and loved Howie, he was vocal about how Howie's part it in was overstated and he was super critical of Howie. Then this year when everyone turned on Howie, he was back to saying Howie's really good, a top 5 GM and he's done a great job.

He was anti Wentz during his best years, and this past year, he said too much blame was put on Wentz when everyone was ripping Wentz.

He picked the Eagles to win 11 games this year, the year where people have the lowest of expectations.

He didn't like the Alshon Jeffery signing and said Jordan Matthews was better.

He was super critical of Doug in 2018, but defended Doug this past season when people thought he did a poor job coaching.

He will take the contrarian view on every issue. I respect contrarian views when they're backed up with good arguments and people actually believe what they're saying. I think diversity of thought is very important. But he doesn't even believe the crap he says and he just says it for attention. He proves that with the flip flopping. He's not consistent with any opinions on anyone and it always changes when the overall prevailing sentiment changes. He craves attention. And the people who work with him know it too.

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Guess who was one of the five in tier one....

an overrated stat padder

Archived