EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

3 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

One of 3 things must be true with the relationship between Hurts and the Eagles:

1.  The people who wanted to draft him are now gone.

2.  The people who wanted to draft him are still here, but are profoundly disappointed in what they've seen and no longer have expectations for him.

3.  Every report about the Eagles trying to keep Wentz this offseason, trying to trade for Watson pre-draft/pre-assault, trying to trade up for a QB in the draft, and trying to trade for Watson now...is false.

You don't stick your neck out there and shake the foundations of your franchise by drafting someone like that...and then look for every possible way out of it before week 1 in his second year.  

It’s a mess. I’m convinced Hurts was a Doug pick so I’m leaning towards 1. 

The fact the Eagles let Wentz whine his way out of town is still the biggest mystery to me. 

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Dak didn’t throw today in team drills because his shoulder hurt.  Maybe my imagination, but watching him walk his gait did not look even.  It’ll be interesting to see what kind of season he has.

If that's the case and the cowboys are looking at a busted up Dak then the team in the NFCE with the best chance if they can stay healthy will again be Washington 

Their D is top notch and Fitz doesn't have to be fitzmagic he just needs to not be Fitztragic.

If healthy they should be able to take NFCE if Dak isn't at the top of his game.

Whose the backup now in Dallas???

2 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Barnett is not disruptive, but he generates effort pressure over time and maintains a tenacious motor in all aspects of the game.  He exceeds his fair share of bone-headed penalties and struggles to stay healthy.

He's pretty young for his draft year...he really has no upside at this point, but his young age makes it less likely that he'll decline over the length of his next contract.  So that may give him a leg up on some other FA DE's.

Some team with more cap space than us might throw a bit of money at him to plug a hole.

Pass rushers get paid stupid money in FA. I think he and his agent know that so that’s why barely anything about extending him has been out there. Plus there’s precedent of Howie just paying 5th year option years to players who don’t deserve it who end up walking. 

Eagles reportedly interested in Josh Doctson. Intriguing likely camp body with upside to pressure JJAW and,  if he actually decent maybe even Fulgham.

10 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Benjamin has a point though if he played at WR at 270 and almost had 1000 yards why would one ask him to play TE at a lighter weight than he played WR.

Sounds like some pretty stupid thinking by judge.

Play stupid games get stupid prizes.

I've never been a fan of Benjamin but I think he's got a point here, if he showed up in shape and passed his tests who cares how much he weighs especially since they didn't even give him a chance at that weight to see what he could do before they cut him 

Clown show but the Giants have been a clown show for a minute now.

Seems to be a running theme in the NFCE to see which franchise can be the most dysfunctional.

I actually agree with the Giants on this one.  Benjamin, IIRC, is a proven turd.  The door into the NFL for him is about one fingernail away from being slammed shut.  He was known to be fat and out of shape for a WR.

A team gives him a shot...probably as a pure curiosity experiment with little chance of making the team.  They told him over a month ago to lose a LOT of weight.  Instead he gains weight in the interim.  Then he admits to barking back at the coach and GM on the field when they challenge him on it.

Sounds like an excellent candidate for an example-making mid-practice cut to me.

As far as where the Giants actually should want his weight?  I don't know.  Based on what I've heard about his attitude, you can't expect enough effort from him to be a good blocking TE, even if he balloons to 290.  So if he's still around mostly to catch passes, I guess I can see why they wanted him to trim the weight.

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Eagles reportedly interested in Josh Doctson. Intriguing likely camp body with upside to pressure JJAW and,  if he actually decent maybe even Fulgham.

Was he hurt last year or just inactive all year???

Couldn't be worse than JjAW I guess but still that's not saying much.

7 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

He worked out with the Bears today 

8 minutes ago, Utebird said:

If that's the case and the cowboys are looking at a busted up Dak then the team in the best chance if they can stay healthy will again be Washington 

Their D is top notch and Fitz doesn't have to be fitzmagic he just needs to not be Fitztragic.

If healthy they should be able to take NFCE if Dak isn't at the top of his game.

Garrett Gilbert took most of the reps but they still have Cooper Rush and DiNucci 

15 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Benjamin has a point though if he played at WR at 270 and almost had 1000 yards why would one ask him to play TE at a lighter weight than he played WR.

Sounds like some pretty stupid thinking by judge.

Play stupid games get stupid prizes.

I've never been a fan of Benjamin but I think he's got a point here, if he showed up in shape and passed his tests who cares how much he weighs especially since they didn't even give him a chance at that weight to see what he could do before they cut him 

Clown show but the Giants have been a clown show for a minute now.

Seems to be a running theme in the NFCE to see which franchise can be the most dysfunctional.

Benjamin is a bottom of the roster flyer who didn’t follow very specific instructions by the HC. He has no point.

11 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

It’s a mess. I’m convinced Hurts was a Doug pick so I’m leaning towards 1. 

The fact the Eagles let Wentz whine his way out of town is still the biggest mystery to me. 

As far as Wentz whining his way out of town, I'm not sure that's the whole story.  Just a hunch but I think the relationship between Wentz and that locker room, or at least a good part of it, was fractured somewhat.  Maybe that's the biggest reason he had to be traded away.

11 minutes ago, Utebird said:

If that's the case and the cowboys are looking at a busted up Dak then the team in the NFCE with the best chance if they can stay healthy will again be Washington 

Dak will play the full season, but if he plays like he’s fattened up with money like the rest of that team has after they’ve been paid — that will be their main problem 

7 minutes ago, Utebird said:

It's interesting how the toilet bowl stretch of late last season had ripple effects through this season.  The division title that so many here (and in Dallas/NY/DC) wanted was an obvious ticket to a first round playoff exit.  As a result of not stumbling to a division title, the Eagles got a first round pick in 2022 and their WR.  The Giants got an absurd haul for their first round pick.  Dallas got a nice haul from us and still nabbed Micah Parsons.

WFT got Jamin Davis...could have had their pick of either Mac Jones or Justin Fields had they not won the toilet bowl.  

Something to keep in mind next time we are 2-7 but one game out of first and "still in it."

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

This was an exchange in DGunns tweet. More smoke to the fire. 

5 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

I just put a new screen protector on my phone.  EMB is looking crystal clear. If only there were good posts to read. 

Where the F is Don with our training camp updates?

I used to be obsessive over having a screen protector but I could never get them to look right in my mind on the phone. And for this upcoming season I have a great deal of optimism for some reason. I have just gotten the vaccine so maybe that’s it and it will go away soon. 

You don’t need screen protectors anymore. Screens won’t leave noticeable scratches unless you’re trying to rub it on sand.

2 hours ago, eagle45 said:

What are you Gandalf or the monkey in Lion King?

The monkey.  

7 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

It's going to be awkward as hell if they were to end up trading for him

Not least because they'd have to cut or trade a couple of big contracts to afford Watson's contract, Howie might or might not want Watson, but he can't afford Watson without fire sale salary dump trading some major talent in a dead market.  Gunn is just clickbaiting, it's the equivalent of a guy in a bar telling you his cousin's girlfriend is Howie's secretary and she heard, mischief making horseshit, no one is trading for Watson in the situation he's in.

By the time he's cleared, and that's nowhere near a sure thing, but if he's cleared I think it's too late to move him this year he's stuck in Houston, I could see Howie blowing our 3 picks next year on him pre draft, because throwing all your draft picks at other teams for their best players is easier than scouting and building a good roster through drafting.

6 hours ago, 315Eagles said:

As far as Wentz whining his way out of town, I'm not sure that's the whole story.  Just a hunch but I think the relationship between Wentz and that locker room, or at least a good part of it, was fractured somewhat.  Maybe that's the biggest reason he had to be traded away.

While he supposedly was giving it his best effort he wasn’t talking to our HC for  weeks! F that dude.

13 hours ago, UK Eagle said:

Meanwhile, in other Olympic news...

Damn 🤣

He can do much better now

13 hours ago, justrelax said:

Geez. Day One is like drawing patterns in the dirt, and even more so with a new offense, terminology, and players. However, the folks with pitchforks will seize upon this as proof. Once a lynch mob has formed, it’s tough to get it to disperse and this mob has been here a while.

People made up their mind last year that Hurts was better than Wentz, but it's too early this year for people to make up their mind that he isn't, makes sense to me. 

12 hours ago, WentzFan11 said:

Exactly. Leadership involves taking a stance. Lead. Wentz just danced around the issue and doesn’t come off sincere. Sounds like a prepped response. 

Leadership involves knowing the people that you are leading as well and whether or not that stance will cause unity or division in your individual team. But you Wentz haters will look for any reason to complain about a guy that means nothing to us but a draft pick now. 

13 hours ago, BigEFly said:

No, it is leadership.   Identifying and cultivating leaders was part of my job.   I listened to Carson’s entire answer and I listened to Graham’s.  Graham comes off like a leader.   Carson came off poorly with his dancing non response.  It fell flat and equivocating. Whereas Graham personalized it and vocalized a hopeful goal.  Tell me when you were inspired by an equivocating leader?  

Guess what? I am a leader of people and my stance is I would prefer you to be vaccinated but it's your personal choice. Not sure why you think beating a drum for your personal beliefs makes you a "leader".  

12 hours ago, WentzFan11 said:

He’s gonna lead them all the way to a forfeit. 

So, what should matter is how many games they win to him as a leader?  None of their rights should matter?  

11 hours ago, EaglesIreland said:

How a sports person talks is hardly a good judge of their intelligence. I mean Mike Tyson wasn’t the best speaker but he was a dangerous boxer who didn’t waste time in the ring. 

Do you consider Mike Tyson intelligent ?

Archived