EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

an overrated stat padder

The athletic article on hurts was basically what the blog has been for months lol 

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

No, it is leadership.   Identifying and cultivating leaders was part of my job.   I listened to Carson’s entire answer and I listened to Graham’s.  Graham comes off like a leader.   Carson came off poorly with his dancing non response.  It fell flat and equivocating. Whereas Graham personalized it and vocalized a hopeful goal.  Tell me when you were inspired by an equivocating leader?  

Exactly. Leadership involves taking a stance. Lead. Wentz just danced around the issue and doesn’t come off sincere. Sounds like a prepped response. 

16 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

No, it is leadership.   Identifying and cultivating leaders was part of my job.   I listened to Carson’s entire answer and I listened to Graham’s.  Graham comes off like a leader.   Carson came off poorly with his dancing non response.  It fell flat and equivocating. Whereas Graham personalized it and vocalized a hopeful goal.  Tell me when you were inspired by an equivocating leader?  

There's more than one way to lead.  And putting roughly half the team on the outside on Day 1 isn't it.  The decision to be vaccinated or not is a personal one, and each person has the right to choose for themselves.  I chose to be vaccinated.  But I know others that chose not to be vaccinated, and I know why they chose not to be vaccinated.  And I respect their choice. The individual and their doctor have to have the conversation and make a choice for that person and their family.  The vaccine is not mandated, so people are going to choose what is best for them.  

12 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

Exactly. Leadership involves taking a stance. Lead. Wentz just danced around the issue and doesn’t come off sincere. Sounds like a prepped response. 

BS.  Colts have a team vaccination rate that is lower than the NFL requirement.  He said he knows Covid is serious, but maybe did not want to say he was better than his team mates by announcing his status.  At the end of the day, that is between him and the team and is really none of our business.

11 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

He took a stance.  He stood up for the rights of the individual to make an individual choice.  That's a stance, it's just not one you agree with.  

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

There's more than one way to lead.  And putting roughly half the team on the outside on Day 1 isn't it.  The decision to be vaccinated or not is a personal one, and each person has the right to choose for themselves.  I chose to be vaccinated.  But I know others that chose not to be vaccinated, and I know why they chose not to be vaccinated.  And I respect their choice. The individual and their doctor have to have the conversation and make a choice for that person and their family.  The vaccine is not mandated, so people are going to choose what is best for them.  

He’s gonna lead them all the way to a forfeit. 

1 minute ago, WentzFan11 said:

He’s gonna lead them all the way to a forfeit. 

Cool.  You know the future.    And Graham will lead this team all the way to 6 wins.

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Cool.  You know the future.    And Graham will lead this team all the way to 6 wins.

Tj hoshmenzod. Tj who’s your momma.... championship! Sorry that popped into my head 

Good we need high picks next season 

3 minutes ago, Swoop said:

So Hurts was abysmal and Reagor suffered his 37th injury since being drafted.

Shocking.

Give jjaw credit he wasn’t bad or good based off the reports. Just not talked about. 

Guest justrelax
50 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

He was pro Howie pre-2017, while everyone was against him. Then once the Eagles won a SB and the city turned and loved Howie, he was vocal about how Howie's part it in was overstated and he was super critical of Howie. Then this year when everyone turned on Howie, he was back to saying Howie's really good, a top 5 GM and he's done a great job.

He was anti Wentz during his best years, and this past year, he said too much blame was put on Wentz when everyone was ripping Wentz.

He picked the Eagles to win 11 games this year, the year where people have the lowest of expectations.

He didn't like the Alshon Jeffery signing and said Jordan Matthews was better.

He was super critical of Doug in 2018, but defended Doug this past season when people thought he did a poor job coaching.

He will take the contrarian view on every issue. I respect contrarian views when they're backed up with good arguments and people actually believe what they're saying. I think diversity of thought is very important. But he doesn't even believe the crap he says and he just says it for attention. He proves that with the flip flopping. He's not consistent with any opinions on anyone and it always changes when the overall prevailing sentiment changes. He craves attention. And the people who work with him know it too.

So, should I read his stuff or not? Honest question as I don’t know his work.

1 hour ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Joe Ostman says hello. It's pathetic how many fans around here have eaten up countless tweets about him over the years.

I'm a big Ostman fan actually but it goes back to his college days and what I thought he could be in the pros.  I really thought he would develop in to a part time pass rusher just based off of his relentlessness that he played with.  

1 hour ago, justrelax said:

Geez. Day One is like drawing patterns in the dirt, and even more so with a new offense, terminology, and players. However, the folks with pitchforks will seize upon this as proof. Once a lynch mob has formed, it’s tough to get it to disperse and this mob has been here a while.

So what you're saying is if they had held OTA's that time together might have helped them prepare for TC?

Guest justrelax
1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

So what you're saying is if they had held OTA's that time together might have helped them prepare for TC?

I see where you’re going with this but the answer to this hypothetical is obviously yes. Don’t go anywhere with this, please.

8 minutes ago, justrelax said:

no.

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

Watson was 5, so basically the same as Sam Bradford. 

He’s still unproven too

BTW....Rodgers returning to GB makes our Broncos game a bit more winnable.

1 hour ago, Saltpeter said:

Nick Chubb's favorite Eagle, you watch your mouth

I have a friend who played against Franco Harris in high school and had a chance to tackle him. He said he simply got stepped on and run over. It was like a grown man playing with children.

That's the image I have in my head of Ostman attempting to tackle someone last year. Based on your comment, I assume it was in the Browns game and I assume it was Chubb. 

6 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Met Harris and saw him at some food industry events in the past decade or so.  Heard him speak.  Nice guy....but holy ish.  Dumb as a box of bricks.  At least, that's how he talks.  

Rancocas Valley High School's finest.

6 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Met Harris and saw him at some food industry events in the past decade or so.  Heard him speak.  Nice guy....but holy ish.  Dumb as a box of bricks.  At least, that's how he talks.  

How a sports person talks is hardly a good judge of their intelligence. I mean Mike Tyson wasn’t the best speaker but he was a dangerous boxer who didn’t waste time in the ring. 

35 minutes ago, justrelax said:

I wouldn't bother. He's basically a glorified blogger at this point for 94wip's website.

13 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I have a friend who played against Franco Harris in high school and had a chance to tackle him. He said he simply got stepped on and run over. It was like a grown man playing with children.

That's the image I have in my head of Ostman attempting to tackle someone last year. Based on your comment, I assume it was in the Browns game and I assume it was Chubb. 

Lol. I had a friend play against burfict in HS. Said he was as crazy then as he is now. Said his teammate got absolutely destroyed by him 

3 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I'm late to this crap show

Lol people went after his wiki page

1627460082808.thumb.png.324b794260b9e824ff4ddd0a4b1dcf99.png

1627460361807.thumb.png.ea913de0f314316f703eaced97b9a4da.png

Yeah I saw that earlier. A grade A idiot. I’m sure we’ve all had family and friends who’ve gotten cancer and unfortunately some of them have died. My first thought was never to think "they deserved to get cancer”, no my first thought, and probably most sane people is will they get through this. 

Archived