EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

10 hours ago, BigEFly said:

You are missing the point.  It’s not really about the vaccination, it is about the equivocation.  He wasn’t asked should everybody be vaccinated, he was asked if he was.  He responded with no answer and dancing.  Graham responded by saying he got vaccinated because of his children and his wife.  He made it personal, then as a team he stated hopefully they can get to 100%.   So if you were on the fence and had some questions and wanted to talk with a teammate, which would you approach?  

I liked how Graham answered personal questions, like how he is feeling and about his age with talk about wanting to play 15 years but also wanting to be able to play with his kids.   He gives sincerity in his responses and leads by example.  

And at the end of the day if a leader doesn't want to answer a question that might offend one of his team mates?

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, greend said:

Do you consider Mike Tyson intelligent ?

I don’t think he’s an idiot and I wouldn’t have made a Judgment on his intelligence positively or negative based solely on how he spoke. 

11 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yeah.  Looks goofy.  

Philadelphia Eagles star TE Zach Ertz arrives at camp with new hair color

image.jpeg.3ceb71e8f75e45e9cbe06d5cd817057e.jpeg

1 minute ago, EaglesIreland said:

I don’t think he’s an idiot and I wouldn’t have made a Judgment on his intelligence positively or negative based solely on how he spoke. 

He's dumb as a box of rocks and his life illustrates that. Bad example bro. Hell of a boxer though, you are right there.

10 hours ago, Khani1 said:

Vin Fosh saying trade is imminent, Fred Vanvleet, Boucher, 4 for Ben Simmons, 28….

Foosball?

9 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

They don't care about any fans.

FYP

1 minute ago, Khani1 said:

Sixers..

Yeah, I got that. But you literally got me excited there for a minute when I read that a trade was imminent. I was like who are these reporters announcing the Watson trade (then I read Ben's name)

8 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I wouldn’t count on #2. Barnett seems destined to test FA before signing a cheap backup/rotational deal. 

I prefer this option. 

6 minutes ago, greend said:

Yeah, I got that. But you literally got me excited there for a minute when I read that a trade was imminent. I was like who are these reporters announcing the Watson trade (then I read Ben's name)

Haha sorry. It was late and I was lazy. I was copying and pasting someone’s tweet. 

8 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Eagles reportedly interested in Josh Doctson. Intriguing likely camp body with upside to pressure JJAW and,  if he actually decent maybe even Fulgham.

Let’s bring in Treyvon Boykin to be QB3 too and have a big old TCU reunion! I think he’s actually in jail but I could be wrong.  

I forgot all about Doctson. Now there’s a bust.  

48 minutes ago, greend said:

He's dumb as a box of rocks and his life illustrates that. Bad example bro. Hell of a boxer though, you are right there.

Meh.  When he was throttling boxcars, hobos, and older guys he looked great.  His best win was against Michael Spinks, but he was a light heavyweight.  Once Holyfield and Lennox Lewis joined him at the top he didn’t look so great anymore.

Would have been interesting to see where he could have gone if he didn’t marry Robin Givens, though.

9 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

Dak didn’t throw today in team drills because his shoulder hurt.  Maybe my imagination, but watching him walk his gait did not look even.  It’ll be interesting to see what kind of season he has.

Dak has "arm soreness".  Not sure what he has been doing in the offseason to start TC with arm soreness, but concerning for them.  I did laugh at the NFL Network for downplaying the whole thing.

It's interesting to hear John Hightower not being into the NFL as much as other players and his work ethic is 🤷‍♂️. The kid has a great chance right now

1 hour ago, greend said:

Guess what? I am a leader of people and my stance is I would prefer you to be vaccinated but it's your personal choice. Not sure why you think beating a drum for your personal beliefs makes you a "leader".  

And your stance states something as you presented it.  You stated a preference.  I just thought he was equivocating in his response.  I liked the way Graham answered better.  Frankly, like you the only thing I care about Wentz any longer is that he plays 75% of the snaps.  (I will take 70% of the snaps and a playoff appearance as a consolation prize but I would prefer a higher pick if possible so like with Miami, this year I am hoping the Colts do poorly.)

7 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

s interesting to hear John Hightower not being into the NFL as much as other players and his work ethic is 🤷‍♂️. The kid has a great chance right now

Can you explain this?  I didn’t see anything about him.  You’re right though. With Reagor limping around, Watkins not there yet, JJAW being JJAW and Fulgham the enigma…now is the time for him to show what he can do. 

2 hours ago, greend said:

It had ended already

I thought it was useful information for people to have, do with it what you will.

1 hour ago, greend said:

I would counter with 'he was a helluva puncher".  He really wasn't a very good boxer in terms of technique, but he had granite fists that landed hard.  

16 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

And your stance states something as you presented it.  You stated a preference.  I just thought he was equivocating in his response.  I liked the way Graham answered better.  Frankly, like you the only thing I care about Wentz any longer is that he plays 75% of the snaps.  (I will take 70% of the snaps and a playoff appearance as a consolation prize but I would prefer a higher pick if possible so like with Miami, this year I am hoping the Colts do poorly.)

I get that you liked it better. My point is he isn't a "weak leader" because of it.

4 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I would counter with 'he was a helluva puncher".  He really wasn't a very boxer in terms of technique, but he had granite fists that landed hard.  

Fair enough

1 hour ago, greend said:

And at the end of the day if a leader doesn't want to answer a question that might offend one of his team mates?

Do you think Graham’s responses offended any of his teammates? How did you feel the last time a boss gave you an evasive and equivocating answer?  

15 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

It's sad that you believe that a stance from a professional athlete must be made public for it to be relevant.   I prefer athletes that keep their politics, their personal thoughts about the state of things, etc. behind closed doors.  I don't care what you think about the issues of the day, while I am watching you perform.  There was a time that sports wasn't full of politics and the rest.   I long for that time.  If Carson wanted to tell the world that he was vaccinated, he could have been among the many many millennials that posted to their Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, or whatever accounts and announced it to the world.   OR... he could choose to leave that a private matter and tell the reporters that they don't need to know, and that while keeping it secret from the press, he can support both the teammates that got vaccinated and those that didn't get vaccinated. 

He stated a preference, which was privacy.  That is what you have a problem with.  You don't know what has been inside and around the team.  All you know is the public comment.  

Just now, BigEFly said:

Do you think Graham’s responses offended any of his teammates? How did you feel the last time a boss gave you an evasive and equivocating answer?  

I'm not questioning Graham's leadership. How I feel doesn't have anything to do with it but, sometimes a leader can't give you the answers you are looking for.

Just now, BigEFly said:

If I was a teammate choosing not to be vaccinated, I would ignore Graham's statement, and I'd be pleased with Carson supporting my right to choose for myself.  

You keep focusing on the 'equivocating' answer as if what is said to the press is what is important to the team, or that what is said to the press is the same message as to the team.   I guess everything really was Andy's fault during his time here.  We were really 'fine there' at the WR position.  You are conflating public messaging and private messaging.  Personally, I prefer when teams keep their business behind closed doors.  

17 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Can you explain this?  I didn’t see anything about him.  You’re right though. With Reagor limping around, Watkins not there yet, JJAW being JJAW and Fulgham the enigma…now is the time for him to show what he can do. 

Avant basically called him out as not interested in the game and has a less than optimal attitude.  Best route runner on the team, but is he willing to go there to make him game better?  The 5th WR spot is open and there for the taking.

greend: Hey boss have you been vaccinated 

President and CEO: Mind your own Fing business greend

greend: yes sir

59 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I prefer this option. 

Makes you wonder if Barnett starting off camp with the 2s isn’t a sign of what the Eagles think of his value in Gannon’s defense.  While they are on the hook for his salary, having picked up his option, that responsibility falls to the team he plays for if he is traded.  I wonder if the Eagles are actively trying to trade him.  Fixes any cap issues this year.  We will probably bemoan the draft capital received in return because he was a first round choice but that was four years ago.   Might be a deal like the Randall Cobb deal even where the Eagles take on part of his salary. 

11 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

we talking about teammates or bosses? the players largely seem to not want to answer. is Dak a bad leader b/c of it. i dont understand the players' general hesitancy to talk about it, but it has nothing to do with their leadership - and they are peers not bosses.

lets remember this was a guy JP called the General....

Archived