EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

9 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

He's young enough that they'll have plenty of time to build a team around him.

I think the process ends up taking longer than if they just stick with Hurts and he shows himself as capable or if Hurts doesn't and they draft a top QB on a rookie deal. 

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jason Avant called Michael Jacquet a "low 4.3 guy".

Between this and Hightower is the best route runner, it's getting hard to take him seriously. 

11 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Between this and Hightower is the best route runner, it's getting hard to take him seriously. 

You got that far.  I can't get past his voice.

32 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Jacquet ran a 4.42 at his Pro Day; likely means he's in the high 4.4s.  

I would be inclined to write him off after the debacle against DAL, but I've seen a few instances where a young CB gets torched, stays in there a few games, and it clicks for them and they become good.  All depends if they learn anything.  Mills never learned a thing out there, so it soured me on him after a period of time.

30 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

He ran a 4.42 at his pro day.  Probably legit below 4.5 player.  Played WR his first three years of college and a HS QB so literally he was pretty green at CB last year.  Not really fluid in his back step and flip but his size is pretty good and he has an awesome wingspan.   He is one to watch as he has some solid coaching coming to him.  And that size and wingspan in zone will help him a lot.  May wash out or may develop. If he makes the team, he may stand out on STs. 

17 hours ago, austinfan said:

I agree, who are we getting, because Watson ain't elite. Elite QBs raise their offense, Watson doesn't.

Gaudy stats, but his offense in four years has never been in the top ten in yards or points, and that's with Hopkins and a pro bowl LT.

He’ll be elite, according to you, if we get him though.  

1 minute ago, Alphagrand said:

Jacquet ran a 4.42 at his Pro Day; likely means he's in the high 4.4s.  

I would be inclined to write him off after the debacle against DAL, but I've seen a few instances where a young CB gets torched, stays in there a few games, and it clicks for them and they become good.  All depends if they learn anything.  Mills never learned a thing out there, so it soured me on him after a period of time.

Mills was solid but you can’t teach speed.  Did bite on pumps, like Maddox.  If only they could have put Mills head on Sydney Jones.

1 minute ago, BigEFly said:

Mills was solid but you can’t teach speed.  Did bite on pumps, like Maddox.  If only they could have put Mills head on Sydney Jones.

Mills had attitude, had fight, but zero instincts and limited football IQ.  Constantly bit when he had no help over the top.  He was like Leodis, except McKelvin had make up speed to tackle the guy after the long reception; Mills often times only caught the celebration in the end zone.  Got torched a lot and almost never made a big play to compensate.

It will be interesting to see what Agholor and Mills do in New England.  I was never a fan of either player.  If Belichick and McDaniels keep them long term then you have to point to bad coaching and player development here.  Agholor was the biggest overpayment by any team in FA, by far.

2 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

He’ll be elite, according to you, if we get him though.  

And he’ll suck according to you. In a way you are as much of a homer as Afan.  You both have degrees of realism in your negativism and Afan’s optimism but at times are a bit clouded.

I grew up in Houston and have family and friends that are Texan fans.  I can tell you that some of them feel a bit like Afan about Watson.  Most will tell you that the receivers he has been lucky enough to play with made him appear a better QB than he really is. 

You won’t find a bigger doubter of Buzbee on these boards but one thing I suspect is true, I think Watson thought massage therapist meant massage parlor sex worker and I do suspect there is some fire in all that smoke.  But I suspect it was propositions more than force.  Now propositioning sex for pay is a crime in Houston but a misdemeanor.  Don’t know that it would get much of a civil trial verdict so Buzbee is likely doing a lot of embellishment and drumming numbers.

22 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Mills had attitude, had fight, but zero instincts and limited football IQ.  Constantly bit when he had no help over the top.  He was like Leodis, except McKelvin had make up speed to tackle the guy after the long reception; Mills often times only caught the celebration in the end zone.  Got torched a lot and almost never made a big play to compensate.

It will be interesting to see what Agholor and Mills do in New England.  I was never a fan of either player.  If Belichick and McDaniels keep them long term then you have to point to bad coaching and player development here.  Agholor was the biggest overpayment by any team in FA, by far.

We just see Mills differently. I thought he had good instincts and football IQ.  

I admit I'm an Eagles homer. I will always cheer for the Eagles until they piss me off (especially on game day)

23 hours ago, greend said:

How about I go off the rails and tell you that's already been posted?

Not sure why you guys keep trying to drag political crap in here

Same reason you drag your crap in here 👍

15 hours ago, downundermike said:

Gotta love @austinfan, makes absurd post, gets crushed, no response and runs away.

Somethings never change 

13 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

He's young enough that they'll have plenty of time to build a team around him.

Hard to take anything you say seriously. You missed your last 3 guarantees lol

33 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

We just see Mills differently. I thought he had good instincts and football IQ.  

I thought mills was pretty good in the red zone as his lack of speed Wasn't a hinderence.

The rest of the field though he struggled.

7 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

Hard to take anything you say seriously. You missed your last 3 guarantees lol

He's arguing a decent premise this time instead of making a guarantee.  One could argue to go all-in and acquire Deshaun Watson, then build the roster around him.  Personally I don't agree; I just think there are too many red flags around him, and I would prefer building a really good roster before allocating $35-40M to a QB.

2 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

Eskin so you can disregard what he said in that tweet 100%

I'm not sure I understand the angst over Steven Nelson and Malik Hooker. If they're good players, why are they still sitting there un-signed on the eve of training camp? It's not like the Eagles are the only team to overlook them, and there's plenty of teams with terrible secondary issues just like us. If they somehow end up here, great, they're probably better than what we have (though that's not a certainty, nor a very high bar to clear) and if they go somewhere else, I wouldn't give it a second thought. 

10 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

He's arguing a decent premise this time instead of making a guarantee.  One could argue to go all-in and acquire Deshaun Watson, then build the roster around him.  Personally I don't agree; I just think there are too many red flags around him, and I would prefer building a really good roster before allocating $35-40M to a QB.

I know I’m just Bustin Balls. 

As for Watson if everything works out with his legal mess I’d take him. If you don’t have a QB you have nothing. Must have the QB in place and Watson is only 25. 

5 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Translation. We missed the boat on trading him and then asked too much. He has to show up if he doesnt want to be fined

Whats the point, Howie's not going to save face by forcing him to camp.

What's the end game here??? Cut him during roster cut downs to say Eff you???

Keep him on the roster for the year hoping he can play well enough to get a reasonable FA contract that will bring back maybe a 5th comp pick???

Or hope that a team loses a TE mid season and makes a desperate trade for Ertz before the deadline?

Just seems like a fools errand, Howie should have just cut him a while ago holding onto him does no one any good.

2 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Whats the point, Howie's not going to save face by forcing him to camp.

What's the end game here??? Cut him during roster cut downs to say Eff you???

Keep him on the roster for the year hoping he can play well enough to get a reasonable FA contract that will bring back maybe a 5th comp pick???

Or hope that a team loses a TE mid season and makes a desperate trade for Ertz before the deadline?

Just seems like a fools errand, Howie should have just cut him a while ago holding onto him does no one any good.

If Ertz is motivated he's still an asset to a young QB.  He needs to put the team in front of his contract, which I don't think he did last season.

It was wise of the team to allow him to seek his own trade; if he's seen that the trade market is thin/non-existent then it should change his outlook -- and we may get full effort (+) from a guy in a contract year.

55 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

And he’ll suck according to you. In a way you are as much of a homer as Afan.  You both have degrees of realism in your negativism and Afan’s optimism but at times are a bit clouded.

I grew up in Houston and have family and friends that are Texan fans.  I can tell you that some of them feel a bit like Afan about Watson.  Most will tell you that the receivers he has been lucky enough to play with made him appear a better QB than he really is. 

You won’t find a bigger doubter of Buzbee on these boards but one thing I suspect is true, I think Watson thought massage therapist meant massage parlor sex worker and I do suspect there is some fire in all that smoke.  But I suspect it was propositions more than force.  Now propositioning sex for pay is a crime in Houston but a misdemeanor.  Don’t know that it would get much of a civil trial verdict so Buzbee is likely doing a lot of embellishment and drumming numbers.

I’m perfectly happy to acknowledge greatness when we are lucky enough to have it.  Good luck getting Afan to criticize problems while we are still invested in them.  You know this, but your position is equally tired.

26 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

"Over the issues". Does that mean other teams didn't offer him what he thought he should get?

Archived